Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

17 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Even though the song is TOTALLY INAPPROPRIATE for an ostensibly "patriotic" event like a political convention :lol:

It's up there with "Fortunate Son" and "Born in the USA" with politically misinterpreted music.

For those of us not actually watching, what song?

33 minutes ago, Reputator said:

His son sobbing with pride for his dad was pretty amazing.

But Tim and Gwen Walz also deserve positive attention for the way they’ve discussed their son, Gus, who came into the national spotlight thanks to a piece in People magazine, about his nonverbal learning disorder and attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder. That makes him double-neurodiverse.

• stepee 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Reputator said:

His son sobbing with pride for his dad was pretty amazing.

Positive masculinity. We don’t need the bullshit fake shit that right-wingers throw out, losers bragging about how they’ve never changed a diaper or don’t do anything around the house. We need more people like Walz in the public eye. Dads who do things, dads who are involved with their kids, and who take care of their family. 

Not fucking losers like Trump. Do think Trump has ever told his sons that he loves them??? Hahahahah of course not. 

Who would you rather have babysit your children? Trump or Vance? 

• stepee 1
  • True 1
  • Halal 1

14 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

Positive masculinity. We don’t need the bullshit fake shit that right-wingers throw out, losers bragging about how they’ve never changed a diaper or don’t do anything around the house. We need more people like Walz in the public eye. Dads who do things, dads who are involved with their kids, and who take care of their family. 

Not fucking losers like Trump. Do think Trump has ever told his sons that he loves them??? Hahahahah of course not. 

The fuck, dude?

• Sicko 1

22 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

"More for Israel than any person, and it's not even close."

He really is dancing right up to the line of "And frankly, I have done way more for Christians than that hippy Jesus ever did" isn't he?

What did Ben Gurion ever do for Israel? 

• True 1

1 hour ago, thewhyteboar said:

Still remember an old boss I had for giving me shit for taking the full 2 weeks paternity leave the company afforded me. Two weeks is already incredibly weak and this chud was asking questions like why do I need it and what would I even be doing during those two weeks. It just confused him so much that I'd be changing diapers and waking up in the middle of the night to feed my son or clean spit up.

These guys with their false bravado and feckless lives. I'd feel bad for them if they weren't miserable assholes that made everyone around them want to jump out the nearest window.

• Halal 3

8 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

Given that and his mental health diagnosises, how soon until right-wingers go after him?

They’re already saying “beta energy” and other dipshit things because they can’t comprehend family members actually caring about and loving each other (*loving in a non-literal and/or sexual manner, at least)

• Guillotine 1

6 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

Still remember an old boss I had for giving me shit for taking the full 2 weeks paternity leave the company afforded me. Two weeks is already incredibly weak and this chud was asking questions like why do I need it and what would I even be doing during those two weeks. It just confused him so much that I'd be changing diapers and waking up in the middle of the night to feed my son or clean spit up.

These guys with their false bravado and feckless lives. I'd feel bad for them if they weren't miserable assholes that made everyone around them want to jump out the nearest window.

America shits on parents so hard. My wife got 6 weeks off with short term disability pay (60%). It’s absolutely pathetic. I’m thankful for FMLA even if it is unpaid. And that’s still not enough. Anyone raising a tiny baby deserves an entire year off. Otherwise it’s “Hey, I know you just had one of the most difficult physical, mental, and emotional slogs in all of human experience, but can you get back to work???”

• Halal 1
  • Hugs 1

22 minutes ago, S3xB0t said:

America shits on parents so hard. My wife got 6 weeks off with short term disability pay (60%). It’s absolutely pathetic. I’m thankful for FMLA even if it is unpaid. And that’s still not enough. Anyone raising a tiny baby deserves an entire year off. Otherwise it’s “Hey, I know you just had one of the most difficult physical, mental, and emotional slogs in all of human experience, but can you get back to work???”

My wife had to pay her school district back for missed days of work after giving birth. She was out the beginning of the school year until November and we didn’t get a full paycheck until February. Like even just not owing her employer money would have been a boon, but also they didn’t tell us about this until after she was missing school

• Guillotine 3

52 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

My wife had to pay her school district back for missed days of work after giving birth. She was out the beginning of the school year until November and we didn’t get a full paycheck until February. Like even just not owing her employer money would have been a boon, but also they didn’t tell us about this until after she was missing school

As I work in a school division in Canada, I thought I would compare:

All staff (all canadians who are EI eligible) get 12-to-18 months off paid at up to 55% of wage (I think that % is correct). Can split that between either parent how you like. Our division then tops up to 95% of wage.

All parents deserve time off, and it should be a year at a minimum.

• Shocked 2

13 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

As I work in a school division in Canada, I thought I would compare:

All staff (all canadians who are EI eligible) get 12-to-18 months off paid at up to 55% of wage (I think that % is correct). Can split that between either parent how you like. Our division then tops up to 95% of wage.

All parents deserve time off, and it should be a year at a minimum.

Man that would have saved us thousands. 

It’s also why I laugh when right wingers complain about taxes. Like first of all in most cases we pay more in taxes than you already, not counting services that we need to pay to maintain employment such as daycare or our student loans that we pay to the government. Mind you now the student loans aren’t as big of a burden for us now since my wife left teaching and earns decent money but they’re still paid to the government. All so you can save $50/check so you’re welcome