Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

3 minutes ago, Jason said:
BSKY.APP

The Professional Pearl Clutchers are hard at work today

In 2016, when Republicans demonized Hilary at the RNC, Michael Moore accurately pointed out, 'It may have been crazy to us, but to millions and millions of Americans, this was music to their ears.'

Same thing in 2024, only this time I think most people want Trump in prison and think he's gutter trash; it's a matter of making sure they "do something." This is a nation who collectively shrugged when Trump was shot at.

• True 1

11 minutes ago, Jason said:
BSKY.APP

The Professional Pearl Clutchers are hard at work today

6 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

In 2016, when Republicans demonized Hilary at the RNC, Michael Moore accurately pointed out, 'It may have been crazy to us, but to millions and millions of Americans, this was music to their ears.'

Same thing in 2024, only this time I think most people want Trump in prison and think he's gutter trash; it's a matter of making sure they "do something." This is a nation who collectively shrugged when Trump was shot at.

I was going to say that maybe if the GOP would run a less reprehensible human being than maybe Dems wouldn't attack them so much but halfway through the sentence I realized it is even more ridiculous than that.

Half the reason Dems "sound angry" is because the vileness of a candidate is directly proportionate to how "bad" the criticism sounds when you simply state facts!

Do you know why Democrats didn't call John McCain or Mitt Romney a sexual assaulter, convicted felon, convicted financial fraudster who stole classified documents? Because they weren't factually accurate descriptions of those two men.

Literally the worse Trump is, the more Dems are supposedly playing dirty by....stating facts about who he is:rolleyes:

• True 5
  • Halal 1

I hope they keep the "joy" thing going.  It's a nice contrast to Trump shuffling to the podium to whine for an hour about himself or Vance angrily just kind of making shit up.  Angry and lame vs fun and cool probably hits better than a lot of policy.

• Halal 2

49 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

I was going to say that maybe if the GOP would run a less reprehensible human being than maybe Dems wouldn't attack them so much but halfway through the sentence I realized it is even more ridiculous than that.

Half the reason Dems "sound angry" is because the vileness of a candidate is directly proportionate to how "bad" the criticism sounds when you simply state facts!

Do you know why Democrats didn't call John McCain or Mitt Romney a sexual assaulter, convicted felon, convicted financial fraudster who stole classified documents? Because they weren't factually accurate descriptions of those two men.

Literally the worse Trump is, the more Dems are supposedly playing dirty by....stating facts about who he is:rolleyes:

so much for the tolerant left. 

why won’t Democrats quietly let a convicted felon and bigot say and do whatever he wants without calling attention to it? Democrats are so mean. 

• Haha 2
  • True 1
  • Halal 1

OHIO

Trump 51% (+7)

Harris 44%

Trump 50% (+8)

Harris 42%

Kennedy 4%

West 1%

Stein 0% .

ARIZONA

Trump 47% (+2)

Harris 45%

Trump 45% (+1)

Harris 44%

Kennedy 7%

West 1%

Stein 0% .

PENNSYLVANIA

Trump 47% (+1)

Harris 46%

Harris 46% (+1)

Trump 45%

Kennedy 5%

Stein 1%

West 0% .

MICHIGAN

Harris 48% (+1)

Trump 47%

Harris 47% (+3)

Trump 44%

Kennedy 4%

Stein 1%

West 1%

Wisconsin GE:

Harris 48% (+1)

Trump 47% .

Harris 46%

Trump 46%

Kennedy 4%

Stein 1%

West 1%

Rasmussen_Poll/NumbersUSA LV, 8/13-17

RFK Jr is reportdedly exiting the race by the end of the week.

10 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Allred, but if what i hear is correct, he has to actually try to win instead of doing nothing.

I'm in Dallas and it's like he's not even running. There's some yard signs and ads on YouTube but I get way more Harris stuff than Allred like 1000000000:1

Presidential Polling:

Harris (D): 46%

Trump (R): 43%

Kennedy (I): 3%

Trends

July 23 - Trump +3

July 30 - Harris +2

Aug. 6 - Harris +2

Aug. 13 - Harris +2

Aug. 20 - Harris +3

Generic Ballot DEM: 47% [+2] GOP: 43% [-1] 

Trends:

July 2 - Tied

Aug. 13 - DEM +1

Aug. 20 - DEM +4 [+/- change vs 8/11-13]

Fav/unfav

Harris: 49-49 (=)

Walz: 44-44 (=)

Vance: 41-50 (-9)

Trump: 45-55 (-10)

YouGov/Economist Aug 20, 2024 / n=1565

Arizona - Presidential Polling:

Harris (D): 47%

Trump (R): 46%

Strategies360 / Aug 14, 2024 / n=400

2 hours ago, Chairslinger said:

The reality of it is MAGAts and their ilk like Musk need to promote Deepfake videos and employ AI voice replication to make Kamala or any Dem sound radical and insane… whereas with Trump you just need to give him a mike and 10 mins or you can just reach into your pocket and pull out the 1,000s of receipts from interviews or social media rants.. there really is a receipt for every hypocritical thing he says

• True 1

23 minutes ago, 5timechamp said:

there really is a receipt for every hypocritical thing he says

The Atlantic fact check: This is misleading.

While Trump told an average of 34,529 lies each day this year, there are often no "receipts" because he tells many of them at home, where he is not recorded.

48 minutes ago, Best said:

I personally think Theo Von is what of the funniest guys out there but I just saw he interviewed Trump yesterday. I refuse to watch it but that disappointed me a lot. :(

I saw some clips of him with Trump and he’s talking about doing coke and other drugs and Trump just goes “oh so what’s that like” like the mf wasn’t in nyc real estate in the 80s

5 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I saw some clips of him with Trump and he’s talking about doing coke and other drugs and Trump just goes “oh so what’s that like” like the mf wasn’t in nyc real estate in the 80s

"Carrie Fisher says she knows why Donald Trump was sniffing so much during the second presidential debate in 2016— he does cocaine".

:/

8 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Just from everything we know about Trump I can buy him not doing coke because of the risks of doing street drugs. But between the motormouthing and the violent swings between manic and barely awake he's clearly an uppers addict.

38 minutes ago, 5timechamp said:

The reality of it is MAGAts and their ilk like Musk need to promote Deepfake videos and employ AI voice replication to make Kamala or any Dem sound radical and insane… whereas with Trump you just need to give him a mike and 10 mins or you can just reach into your pocket and pull out the 1,000s of receipts from interviews or social media rants.. there really is a receipt for every hypocritical thing he says

Sure you say that, but did you see the tan suit?!

dexter-fire.gif

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Jason said:

Did they let Gutfeld write the chyron? 

BSKY.APP

Fox News producers were definitely high-fiving over this one

A little off topic but I have been thinking about this a lot lately if the opportunity came up I would love for Kamala to throw this tired trick Trump pulls back in his face at the debate.

If he decides to do that annoying thing he does where he uses Obama's full name and emphasizes "Barack HUSSEIN Obama" I  would love to see Kamala just absolutely call him on it and destroy him.

"Yes, yes Donald we all know Barack's middle name now after all these years. It coincidentally happens to be the same name as an Iraqi dictator that has been dead for 20 years. 

Have any other fresh new references or just more of the same old stuff?"