Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Tulsi Gabbard is participating in Trump's debate prep largely based on how she performed against Harris in a 2019 where she attacked Harris's record as a prosecutor (from the left).

WWW.NYTIMES.COM

Tulsi Gabbard, the former Democrat who has rebranded herself as a celebrity among Donald J. Trump’s supporters, once eviscerated Kamala Harris on a debate stage.

Will this be the first debate he's prepped for?  Because if he's done it before then the only thing that comes out is "pivot to immigration".  I can almost guarantee that anything Tulsi does for him will come tumbling out of that head in the car ride there and then be completely forgotten when she says something kind of mean that flusters him.

18 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

Will this be the first debate he's prepped for?  Because if he's done it before then the only thing that comes out is "pivot to immigration".  I can almost guarantee that anything Tulsi does for him will come tumbling out of that head in the car ride there and then be completely forgotten when she says something kind of mean that flusters him.

He reportedly did prep for the Biden debate by having campaign staff act as moderators to ask him questions.

13 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

He reportedly did prep for the Biden debate by having campaign staff act as moderators to ask him questions.

I've never seen campaign staff work or been part of it myself, but wouldn't that be the absolute bare minimum for any debate prep?

On 8/16/2024 at 2:04 PM, CitizenVectron said:

Did anyone post this? Trump says the Presidential Medal of Freedom is better than the Congressional Medal of Honor because the people receiving it haven't been shot, or aren't dead.

xp49tnk.png

WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

Trump praised Republican donor Miriam Adelson for having received the Presidential Medal of Freedom, a top civilian award.

“Conspicuous Gallantry and Intrepidity Involving Risk of Life Above and Beyond the Call of Duty In Action With the Enemy,” January 26, 1945. The citation reads:
2d Lt. Murphy commanded Company B, which was attacked by 6 tanks and waves of infantry. 2d Lt. Murphy ordered his men to withdraw to prepared positions in a woods, while he remained forward at his command post and continued to give fire directions to the artillery by telephone. Behind him, to his right, 1 of our tank destroyers received a direct hit and began to burn. Its crew withdrew to the woods. 2d Lt. Murphy continued to direct artillery fire which killed large numbers of the advancing enemy infantry. With the enemy tanks abreast of his position, 2d Lt. Murphy climbed on the burning tank destroyer, which was in danger of blowing up at any moment, and employed its .50 caliber machine gun against the enemy. He was alone and exposed to German fire from 3 sides, but his deadly fire killed dozens of Germans and caused their infantry attack to waver. The enemy tanks, losing infantry support, began to fall back. For an hour the Germans tried every available weapon to eliminate 2d Lt. Murphy, but he continued to hold his position and wiped out a squad which was trying to creep up unnoticed on his right flank. Germans reached as close as 10 yards, only to be mowed down by his fire. He received a leg wound, but ignored it and continued the single-handed fight until his ammunition was exhausted. He then made his way to his company, refused medical attention, and organized the company in a counterattack which forced the Germans to withdraw. His directing of artillery fire wiped out many of the enemy; he killed or wounded about 50. 2d Lt. Murphy's indomitable courage and his refusal to give an inch of ground saved his company from possible encirclement and destruction, and enabled it to hold the woods which had been the enemy's objective.”

NYT/Siena polls

AZ: 50% Harris 45% Trump 

GA: 50% Trump 46% Harris

NV: 48% Trump 47% Harris

NC: 49% Harris 47% Trump

Head-to-Head since last poll vs biden

AZ: D+11 shift

GA: D+5shift 

NV: D+12 shift

VP favorability.

JD Vance

Arizona: 28-60% (-32%)

North Carolina: 30-49% (-19%)

Georgia: 35-46% (-11%)

Nevada: 34-43% (-9%)

Tim Walz

Arizona: 51-26% (+25%)

North Carolina: 44-30% (+14)

Georgia: 38-37% (+1)

Nevada: 40-32% (+8)

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

“Conspicuous Gallantry and Intrepidity Involving Risk of Life Above and Beyond the Call of Duty In Action With the Enemy,” January 26, 1945. The citation reads:
2d Lt. Murphy commanded Company B, which was attacked by 6 tanks and waves of infantry. 2d Lt. Murphy ordered his men to withdraw to prepared positions in a woods, while he remained forward at his command post and continued to give fire directions to the artillery by telephone. Behind him, to his right, 1 of our tank destroyers received a direct hit and began to burn. Its crew withdrew to the woods. 2d Lt. Murphy continued to direct artillery fire which killed large numbers of the advancing enemy infantry. With the enemy tanks abreast of his position, 2d Lt. Murphy climbed on the burning tank destroyer, which was in danger of blowing up at any moment, and employed its .50 caliber machine gun against the enemy. He was alone and exposed to German fire from 3 sides, but his deadly fire killed dozens of Germans and caused their infantry attack to waver. The enemy tanks, losing infantry support, began to fall back. For an hour the Germans tried every available weapon to eliminate 2d Lt. Murphy, but he continued to hold his position and wiped out a squad which was trying to creep up unnoticed on his right flank. Germans reached as close as 10 yards, only to be mowed down by his fire. He received a leg wound, but ignored it and continued the single-handed fight until his ammunition was exhausted. He then made his way to his company, refused medical attention, and organized the company in a counterattack which forced the Germans to withdraw. His directing of artillery fire wiped out many of the enemy; he killed or wounded about 50. 2d Lt. Murphy's indomitable courage and his refusal to give an inch of ground saved his company from possible encirclement and destruction, and enabled it to hold the woods which had been the enemy's objective.”

• Hype 1

WWW.NPR.ORG

Election analysts say Washington state’s August primary, open to all voters and sending the top two candidates to the general election, acts as a “dress rehearsal” for how voters may feel in November.

Generally speaking if you subtract 12 points from how democratic the primary was will get you close to the environment for November.

2024 D ~16% primary -> ?????

November general popular vote

2022 D 10.4% -> ~3% GOP

2020 D 14% -> ~3% DEM

Dem 2018 D 20.4% -> ~8.5% Dem blue wave

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, finaljedi said:

Nope, he actually prepped for 2020 and it’s how he almost killed Chris Christie with covid.

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

From the NYT/Siena poll:

Arizona Senate
Gallego (D) 51%
Lake (R) 42%

Nevada Senate
Rosen (D) 49%
Brown (R) 40%

NC Governor
Stein (D) 49%
Robinson (R) 39%

Woah

6 hours ago, TUFKAK said:

A vast chunk of military folk are sooo F’n Stupid.. they are already bought in Fully that Walz committed Stolen Valor and they regurgitate the same stupid talking points that Vance laid down

They’re like stupid gassed up children.. Hell if Trump “guarantees” that theyd allow beards in the Army he would win himself their loyalty even if he called them loser to their face

29 minutes ago, 5timechamp said:

A vast chunk of military folk are sooo F’n Stupid.. they are already bought in Fully that Walz committed Stolen Valor and they regurgitate the same stupid talking points that Vance laid down

They’re like stupid gassed up children.. Hell if Trump “guarantees” that theyd allow beards in the Army he would win himself their loyalty even if he called them loser to their face

Eh; depends.

lots of people out there like couch fucker who did nothing of note in the military and those are the ones who have bought into it; or the losers who will be “I almost enlisted” when they find out I was a marine etc

Most vets I know get upset by the comments too.

10 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

Eh; depends.

lots of people out there like couch fucker who did nothing of note in the military and those are the ones who have bought into it; or the losers who will be “I almost enlisted” when they find out I was a marine etc

Most vets I know get upset by the comments too.

My colleagues husband is a veteran of the Army Rangers and National Guard. He’s now an optometrist. One of my best friends from pharmacy school was a Navy man. Neither would fall for JD’s bullshit. When I was learning the details of my colleague’s husband the other day I made the remark that there seem to be two kinds of people in the military: Jarhead-esque dumbasses who want to rage and kill shit and calm, intelligent professionals who do their jobs well and go on to be productive members of society. Maybe you can refute or corroborate, TUFKAK, but my observation seems to be in line with what you’re saying.

1 hour ago, S3xB0t said:

My colleagues husband is a veteran of the Army Rangers and National Guard. He’s now an optometrist. One of my best friends from pharmacy school was a Navy man. Neither would fall for JD’s bullshit. When I was learning the details of my colleague’s husband the other day I made the remark that there seem to be two kinds of people in the military: Jarhead-esque dumbasses who want to rage and kill shit and calm, intelligent professionals who do their jobs well and go on to be productive members of society. Maybe you can refute or corroborate, TUFKAK, but my observation seems to be in line with what you’re saying.

The dudes who want to go down range never did. Trust me; ignore them, they know not of what they speak.

Ive been open about my past, my belief in the shining city on the hill, then I went down range and regret every minute of it; I did things I regret to this day for a culture that didn’t deserve the years I gave it.

Theres a lot of dudes who feel inferior to those who did because they didn’t, so they assume everyone is like them. Most everyone I know did their jobs, and never talk about it.

to make it a meme

everyone wants to be an operator, until it’s time to be an operator.

• Halal 2
  • Hugs 1

43 minutes ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

House Republicans open probe into Walz’s engagement with China

OMG surely they wouldn’t do this unless they had a legit reason to suspect he’s a CCP spy, amirite?  :troll:

We will soon have NYT headlines like "Walz under House investigation for colluding with China," and then the only pushback will be in the fifth paragraph with "Sources in the Democratic Party deny these allegations." And they will have three quoted random people from a diner who say "Something must be going on."