Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

On 8/13/2024 at 7:28 PM, skillzdadirecta said:

I posted this interview earlier before i watched it all and while The Mooch is a grifter himself, he does spill the game here a bit... I have it qued to the relevant part.

this is the guy that Peter Thiel and JD Vance are acolytes of that The Mooch is talking about..

WWW.VOX.COM

Yarvin is in the ear of Blake Masters, Peter Thiel, and J.D. Vance.

I just listened to this that is the same info from a less shifty source than The Mooch

WWW.IHEART.COM

<p>Robert sits down with Garrison to trace the ideological development of JD Vance and how Peter Thiel helped enthrall him to a branch of neo-monarchist...

• Halal 1

I'm kinda surprised by the lack of Trump signs and flags, here in central NY, maybe they'll put them out as we get closer but it's definitely reduced from 16 and 20, had a sign out a few houses down that's now gone, dunno if they took it down themselves or it was stolen. I'm under no illusion that millions of people are going to vote for him but the public display is definitely gone.

• Halal 1

Different circumstances, but I remember things looking great in August 2016. They also looked great in August 2020 and Biden won, so I get that. All I'm saying is, I'm glad Harris is ahead, but I'm not gonna feel wonderful until the day before the election, and by then I hope she's several points higher.

Fortunately, the convention is next week, and I hope it's a rallying cry like no other for Dems, independents, and Republicans who are just sick of this weird shit.

• True 1
  • Halal 3

13 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

I'm kinda surprised by the lack of Trump signs and flags, here in central NY, maybe they'll put them out as we get closer but it's definitely reduced from 16 and 20, had a sign out a few houses down that's now gone, dunno if they took it down themselves or it was stolen. I'm under no illusion that millions of people are going to vote for him but the public display is definitely gone.

If he loses they’re gonna memory hole him like they did W I have a feeling these people are hedging because they can tell that the old man doesn’t got the juice

• Halal 1

11 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Different circumstances, but I remember things looking great in August 2016. They also looked great in August 2020 and Biden won, so I get that. All I'm saying is, I'm glad Harris is ahead, but I'm not gonna feel wonderful until the day before the election, and by then I hope she's several points higher.

Fortunately, the convention is next week, and I hope it's a rallying cry like no other for Dems, independents, and Republicans who are just sick of this weird shit.

Nope there's no resting on our laurels, and I'm glad the Harris campaign sees it that way too. Their schedule is very aggressive coming up, and Biden is expected to do some campaigning for her too in PA. Not sure how much good that will do considering he couldn't even say the word 'prescriptions' today, but that's another matter. They look like they're going to continue treating this race like they're the underdogs, even if at some point they end up the clear frontrunners. Realclear polling still has it at a dead heat currently.

32 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

For the entire year of the 2020 election I saw trucks flying Trump flags everywhere. This time around? I can't remember the last time I saw one.

• Halal 1

1 minute ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

For the entire year of the 2020 election I saw trucks flying Trump flags everywhere. This time around? I can't remember the last time I saw one.

Come to the jersey shore. People walk around wearing them as togas. 

10 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

In Nevada they are all over the place. When Trump got shot they were rallied around our capital building in Carson making that route difficult to travel.

12 minutes ago, Brian said:

Come to the jersey shore. People walk around wearing them as togas. 

Fucking tell me about.  I was in Seaside the other week and some dipshit had two huge trump flags on his beach cart, one tiny little one on the handle, plus a trump tattoo.

31 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Hillary fumbled in many ways and still won the popular vote. In her hubris she though some battleground states were already won and didn't do the campaigning she needed to in them. This team is laser focused on beating Trump and won't make the same mistakes Hillary did. Not only that a lot of Republicans are voting for Harris because they do not want Trump back. States that are not normally battleground states are in play now and this could be a major blowout that forces the Republicans to find a new path or fade into irrelevance.

• stepee 1

The “fading to irrelevance” bit is just wishful thinking.  They ate shit two cycles in a row with McCain and Romney and they did find a new approach, it was just an insane one.  Worst case scenario is they rebrand slightly will still pushing for the same shit quietly.  

6 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

Fucking tell me about.  I was in Seaside the other week and some dipshit had two huge trump flags on his beach cart, one tiny little one on the handle, plus a trump tattoo.

There used to be a huge RV that had a ton of maga shit all over it drive up and down 35. Haven’t seen it this year. But yea, that part is especially bad. 

51 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:
WWW.FLORIDABULLDOG.ORG

By Noreen Marcus, FloridaBulldog.org - Donald Trump may have voted illegally when he cast early primary ballot in Palm Beach Wednesday.

Hey, I found some of that voter fraud Republicans keep looking for.

and hell get away with it like everything else.  he could have done it 10k times and still nothing would happen

3 minutes ago, Brian said:

There used to be a huge RV that had a ton of maga shit all over it drive up and down 35. Haven’t seen it this year. But yea, that part is especially bad. 

I remember that fucking RV being parked next to Jenkinson’s all the time.  

• Hugs 1

5 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

The “fading to irrelevance” bit is just wishful thinking.  They ate shit two cycles in a row with McCain and Romney and they did find a new approach, it was just an insane one.  Worst case scenario is they rebrand slightly will still pushing for the same shit quietly.  

Them finding a path that isn't insane trying-to-overturn-the-nation bullshit would be just fine by me. The GOP has been a bunch of racist cocksuckers for decades now, but at least when they pretended to care about appearances and order, they were generally a lot more benign. Mind you, they still passed plenty of heinous shit, but far less of it, and people generally weren't out there bragging about ending democracy and turning the nation into a monarchy. These fuckers need to be stomped into the dust and scattered to the wind.

• Halal 1

2 minutes ago, Reputator said:

Here's a dumb question I'm sure everyone's dying to know. If Trump were to win, would he still be the 45th President, or would he technically be the 47th?

Grover Cleveland was the 22nd and 24th President in exactly this situation!

• Thanks 1
  • True 2

24 minutes ago, Littleronin said:

In Nevada they are all over the place. When Trump got shot they were rallied around our capital building in Carson making that route difficult to travel.

That's weird because I'm right next door in Utah. Maybe it's because I've moved closer to the capitol since last election.

1 minute ago, Reputator said:

Here's a dumb question I'm sure everyone's dying to know. If Trump were to win, would he still be the 45th President, or would he technically be the 47th?

I would say, just don’t let it happen.

love, 

most Canadians and other sane nations. 

• True 1

1 minute ago, Xbob42 said:

Them finding a path that isn't insane trying-to-overturn-the-nation bullshit would be just fine by me. The GOP has been a bunch of racist cocksuckers for decades now, but at least when they pretended to care about appearances and order, they were generally a lot more benign. Mind you, they still passed plenty of heinous shit, but far less of it, and people generally weren't out there bragging about ending democracy and turning the nation into a monarchy. These fuckers need to be stomped into the dust and scattered to the wind.

I appreciate the appeal of the sane side of conservative politics. Smaller governance, sure, fiscal responsibility, yes, elevation of the individual, not really a problem. It’s when you pervert that , “small enough to govern the inside of the womb while ignoring what gets dumped into the water supply” “taxation is theft, the market is the economy,” and “castle doctrine is great,”

4 minutes ago, silentbob said:

I would say, just don’t let it happen.

love, 

most Canadians and other sane nations. 

Imagine "relatively normal candidate with some relatively normal policies" vs "deranged geriatric who's promised a revenge tour and to basically ruin the nation" being a fucking dead heat race anywhere else in the world.

• True 1

1 minute ago, Kal-El814 said:

I appreciate the appeal of the sane side of conservative politics. Smaller governance, sure, fiscal responsibility, yes, elevation of the individual, not really a problem. It’s when you pervert that , “small enough to govern the inside of the womb while ignoring what gets dumped into the water supply” “taxation is theft, the market is the economy,” and “castle doctrine is great,”

Small government and evangelical force-feeding are diametrically opposed, and yet for the Republican party the latter is too deeply grafted into their DNA. Technically that's what the Libertarians are trying to remedy.

Just now, Reputator said:

Small government and evangelical force-feeding are diametrically opposed, and yet for the Republican party the latter is too deeply grafted into their DNA. Technically that's what the Libertarians are trying to remedy.

Yeah, of course in practice the evangelical wing of the Republican Party always means “small for ME, not for THEE.” But I have met those unicorns who mean it close to “rules as written” so to speak.

Also libertarians should not be taken seriously under any circumstances.