Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

17 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Nah, let them cook, especially bill if he gets on his bullshit he’s phenomenal. But maybe not let t Clinton’s be the headliner on a given night. 

Just have Bill play the sax the whole night.

• True 2

It does highlight the fact that no living republican president or vice president has endorsed Trump. And Sarah Palin is the only living losing GOP candidate for President or VP that is endorsing him.

I think only 4 of his 44 cabinet members have officially endorsed him as well.

• Shocked 2

10 minutes ago, ort said:

It does highlight the fact that no living republican president or vice president has endorsed Trump. Pretty sure no living failed candidates for that office are endorsing him either.

I think only 4 of his 44 cabinet members have officially endorsed him as well.

That just means the deep state hates him which is a plus or something.

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

NGL3WMw.png

Hillary is unnecessary, we will see how she “deplorables” this convention. I guess it would be worth it cause she triggers Trump so badly. Any small dig they take at Trump (however subtle) will keep him ranting and disengaged from everything for a while.

WWW.SEMAFOR.COM

Fifty percent of voters have heard of JD Vance’s “childless cat ladies” statement

A pair of surveys by Blueprint, the centrist Democratic pollster backed by Reid Hoffman, one taken July 21 - July 22, two days after Vance was announced as Donald Trump’s running mate, and then again two weeks later on August 4, showed Vance’s net favorability falling from -7 to -11 with fewer voters unsure either way. That’s similar to other public polling, which has also shown Vance making a poor first impression since joining the Republican ticket.

The main shift in how respondents viewed Vance: He’s become more and more identified with his particular brand of conservatism and less with his famed biography as an author, veteran, and politician. Presented with a list of options to describe Vance in August, the most common answers were “conservative,” “anti-woman,” and “weird,” while more positive options like “young,” “smart,” and “businessman” declined from July. The percentage calling him “extreme” shot up 13 points.

• Sicko Sherman 1

13 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:
WWW.SEMAFOR.COM

Fifty percent of voters have heard of JD Vance’s “childless cat ladies” statement

And this is the guy that they have doing a weird stalker/stand-in/shadow campaign for Trump right now.

And I don't even use the W-word in the cheeky sense.....it is fucking inexplicable that they think this guy can carry the campaign for weeks on end....

Trump needs a Pence, an inoffensive stale white bread Republican to try and sand off some of the edges of Trumpism.  Picking a VP to "shore up the base" is fucking stupid, especially when that base is pretty well unliked outside of themselves.  MAGA loves him but women hate him does nothing for the campaign.

I do hope that his just nukes JD Vance's career in politics, would be nice if they lost this and he lost his Senate re-election too.

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I'm sorry, what is The "W-word"?

weird.

Wait we can't say "weird" now? I'm so confused.

Trump needs a Pence, an inoffensive stale white bread Republican to try and sand off some of the edges of Trumpism.  Picking a VP to "shore up the base" is fucking stupid, especially when that base is pretty well unliked outside of themselves.  MAGA loves him but women hate him does nothing for the campaign.

I do hope that his just nukes JD Vance's career in politics, would be nice if they lost this and he lost his Senate re-election too.

What was the point in picking him in the first place? What demo was he helping with? Trump didn't even want him so why did the Tech bros insist on him being the number two? I don't see the play here.

Just now, skillzdadirecta said:

I'm sorry, what is The "W-word"?

"Weird"

Wade said we should probably dial back on using it, and I kind of agree because the campaign needs to expand into other issues.

So I was just making a point to say that I wasn't just using it as a buzz word ......it is genuinely weird they think leaning on a historically unpopular VP pick like this is a good idea....

2 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

"Weird"

Wade said we should probably dial back on using it, and I kind of agree because the campaign needs to expand into other issues.

So I was just making a point to say that I wasn't just using it as a buzz word ......it is genuinely weird they think leaning on a historically unpopular VP pick like this is a good idea....

lol I think Wade meant it more like don't overuse it and laser focus on it because it weakens it, I don't think he was trying to make it a rule or something. And frankly the weird fucks seem more bothered than ever by it.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

Pence also helped bring in the religious right.  

I don’t know if Donald needs that now as they’ve bought into Donald being some kind of holy man. 

15 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

What was the point in picking him in the first place? What demo was he helping with? Trump didn't even want him so why did the Tech bros insist on him being the number two? I don't see the play here.

Not picking on you here this is just the relevant post to comment on: he was picked because Eric and Don Jr wanted him.  Trying to parse out the “why” from this set of facts seems like a fools errand, as these may be the two dumbest fuckers around politics

18 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

From what I've read, he was picked to double down on the base because they thought they were going to easily beat Biden.

• Sicko 1

I think Trump wanted a sycophant that would do what Pence wouldn't....but other than that I think he just mostly pawned off the decision to others because he doesn't care.

He told us himself....the VP doesn't matter. Donald Trump is the whole fuckin show....

• True 2

37 minutes ago, ort said:

Trump picked Vance because he has no morals or integrity and will do whatever he is told like an obedient little Nazi Ewok.

It's this. Vance is a chameleon, to use his own word. When Trump says "jump" he asks "how high?" He's a stooge, simple as that.