Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

I don't these polls are sacrosanct any more than the polls that showed Biden losing every swing state were, but it's gonna be interesting if Trump continues having a nearly non-existent campaign schedule and the polls stay where they are. Do people on the right start panicking? And what does that look like if they do? Do Congressional candidates start denouncing him, like right after the Access Hollywood tape in 2016 before it became apparent that his numbers were going to hit a floor and turn around?

7 hours ago, Jason said:

Screenshot_20240811_100007_Twitter.jpg

20240811_100033.jpg

...How does Trump even function?

I ask this because I have a grandfather that's a few years older that Trump, has to use a cane or walker, and has some pretty noticeable mental slowdown.

Yet all Trump is doing lately is acting like an old man yelling at a cloud, and nearly half the country thinks he's perfectly fine.

1 minute ago, Ricofoley said:

I don't these polls are sacrosanct any more than the polls that showed Biden losing every swing state were, but it's gonna be interesting if Trump continues having a nearly non-existent campaign schedule and the polls stay where they are. Do people on the right start panicking? And what does that look like if they do? Do Congressional candidates start denouncing him, like right after the Access Hollywood tape in 2016 before it became apparent that his numbers were going to hit a floor and turn around?

I don’t think I they have a strategy.  I don’t even know what it could be at this point.  These idiots didn’t even attempt to have a contingency plan if the rapidly aging octogenarian wasn’t in the race anymore, I assure you none of them even bothered with a strategy that wasn’t all in on Trump and if they did he’d turn the mob against them the moment he caught wind of it.  

Conservatives are ride or die with Trump and MAGA this time around, and if it fails I honestly think their main strategy is wait until he dies and then find someone with an ounce of charisma who can keep the quiet part quiet.  

• True 1

28 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

But even better, from a good pollster:

OxdhI34.png

Very bad for trump seeing how he’s spending more there than any other state ($50 million there, about $19 million in Georgia and less than $2 million in each of the remaining swing states) and Harris hasn’t really begun to spend there and has about $39 million in ads in the pipeline already there alone

1 hour ago, marioandsonic said:

...How does Trump even function?

I ask this because I have a grandfather that's a few years older that Trump, has to use a cane or walker, and has some pretty noticeable mental slowdown.

Yet all Trump is doing lately is acting like an old man yelling at a cloud, and nearly half the country thinks he's perfectly fine.

He paused for almost 30 seconds mid-sentence

People are saying he pooped his pants.

• stepee 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Sicko 1

2 hours ago, marioandsonic said:

While I understand the sentiment, I'm going to continue to push back on this. It's between 1/4 and 1/5 of the country that votes for Trump, not half. Sure, it's enough to fuck us thanks to the electoral college, but it isn't half the country and I think if we hammer that home it makes the 1/4-1/5 group seem even more pathetic by comparison. We keep giving Trump outsized credit he doesn't deserve and we need to change that narrative.

• Thanks 1
  • True 1

I really do wonder if the reason his schedule is so light is because his health/condition is much, much worse than they are letting on.

Like, literally they are hiding him because every event risks a fall or incident on stage.

It will be interesting to see if he does ramp back up his schedule like he claims he will. It may not be the best solution, but his big mouth rallies tend to be one of his better tools to turn the narrative/news cycle. 

If he's not able to do that, I am not sure he has that many tools to even attempt to shake up the momentum that is going terribly for him right now.

5 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

I really do wonder if the reason his schedule is so light is because his health/condition is much, much worse than they are letting on.

Like, literally they are hiding him because every event risks a fall or incident on stage.

It will be interesting to see if he does ramp back up his schedule like he claims he will. It may not be the best solution, but his big mouth rallies tend to be one of his better tools to turn the narrative/news cycle. 

If he's not able to do that, I am not sure he has that many tools to even attempt to shake up the momentum that is going terribly for him right now.

He could also be too scared to be out in public much. Especially given he has a hard time getting safer indoor venues after his lifetime of not paying his bills. 

• Halal 2

21 minutes ago, Jason said:

He could also be too scared to be out in public much. Especially given he has a hard time getting safer indoor venues after his lifetime of not paying his bills. 

This is what I think is actually going on. Trump only cares about himself and after one attempt on his life I doubt he is willing to do much for outdoor rallies and can't afford the indoor ones.

• True 1
  • Halal 1

1 minute ago, SaysWho? said:

Aaron Rupar, a left-of-center dude, said on Twitter that it was actually Trump waiting due to a medical issue with one of the people in the crowd.

Weird that he didn't make mention of it.

The Boys Homelander GIF by Amazon Prime Video

• Halal 1

45 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

They've been claiming he's waiting until the DNC is done.  But that's still a week away and campaigns don't usually give a 2 week wide berth to the other party's convention.

I think getting shot screwed him up.  He's old as shit, a man got killed behind him, he was like 3in away from being brained.

His mental state has clearly declined, the Biden comeback fanfic, the reposting of the dumbshit conspiracy theory of CGI crowds for Harris.

He also doesn't have a stable of people to speak on his behalf that are worth a damn.  Ivanka wants nothing to do with the campaign, Melania is checked out, Vance has the charm of an open sewer, Don Jr has been posting about horse cum.

• Haha 1
  • Halal 1
  • Sicko Sherman 1

4 hours ago, finaljedi said:

They've been claiming he's waiting until the DNC is done.  But that's still a week away and campaigns don't usually give a 2 week wide berth to the other party's convention.

I think getting shot screwed him up.  He's old as shit, a man got killed behind him, he was like 3in away from being brained.

His mental state has clearly declined, the Biden comeback fanfic, the reposting of the dumbshit conspiracy theory of CGI crowds for Harris.

He also doesn't have a stable of people to speak on his behalf that are worth a damn.  Ivanka wants nothing to do with the campaign, Melania is checked out, Vance has the charm of an open sewer, Don Jr has been posting about horse cum.

The ending got me

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

MAGA live in a completely dilusional world:

amYNj8W.png

XYy08KG.png

They think they manifested Biden dropping out just like they think they can manifest him and JFK showing up to take over. These are all basically wrestling fans. The dumbest people on earth.

The Undertaker Sport GIF by WWE

It's MyPillow and Biden and the DNC

Just now, chakoo said:

This feels like a bad idea. Maybe Biden & Obama but cut the Clintons out and bring in new blood from the party to speak.

Nah, let them cook, especially bill if he gets on his bullshit he’s phenomenal. But maybe not let t Clinton’s be the headliner on a given night. 

• True 1
  • Halal 2