Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

7 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

With Microsoft confirming that it was Iran, I bet that the media won't actually release of this. Even though, of course, that they released stuff from the Clinton hack.

Well if that's true my post above was bad timing  :lol:

That said, I think the important thing is that Harris's campaign doesn't boost it like Trump did so enthusiastically in '16.

Not sure if the media can really do much. If the hackers want it out there, it's gonna be out there. I am not happy about a foreign power interfering with our election no matter who it benefits, but if(just as an example) Trump team uncovered a sex scandal that no one else has gotten ahold of I am not sure how you keep that out of the media....

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Rock the Vote '24: update (08/10) - Trump campaign internal documents "hacked" by IRGC (confirmed by MSFT)
59 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

I just wanna know what the attack vector was. Did Trump click a link promising free Big Macs for a year? Vance get a targeted ad for MILFs and eagerly clicked, hoping to see his mother? Campaign manager just get a text that said "looking to start over with a new career?"

It was a spear phishing attack.

BLOGS.MICROSOFT.COM

Discover how Iran is allegedly targeting the 2024 US election, the potential impacts, and the measures being taken to safeguard the democratic process.

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, 5timechamp said:

If the leak reveals alternate nicknames Trump brainstormed for Kamala and Walz I will be satisfied… Lambada, Tamale, Koala, Wolf of Walz street whatever just something to peek inside their little lizard brains..

That's giving Trump too much credit, if there was a brainstorming list it has everything you see now, crazy Kamala, laughin Kamala, maybe sleepy Tim.  He sucks at nicknames.  He was no W, you wouldn't think to call Karl Rove Turd Blossom, but knowing it you realize there is no other thing to call Karl Rove other than Turd Blossom.

• Halal 1

33 minutes ago, Best said:

I thought this was interesting.

@MarSolo @marioandsonic 

Yep. It's not a very large portion of Republicans, percentage-wise, but it is a statistically significant percentage that are never-Trumpers, and a lot of them were either already planning to vote for Biden or they weren't going to vote at all. The latter group is the one Harris has the best chance of winning.

I really want Trump to continue to bash Gov Kemp because I have to think eventually the guy won't take it anymore and will rescind his endorsement. I see that being more of a Pence situation where he won't endorse Harris either, but it would be a pretty loud signal to Georgia Republicans.

• True 1
  • Halal 1

Just now, Reputator said:

Yep. It's not a very large portion of Republicans, percentage-wise, but it is a statistically significant percentage that are never-Trumpers, and a lot of them were either already planning to vote for Biden or they weren't going to vote at all. The latter group is the one Harris has the best chance of winning.

I really want Trump to continue to bash Gov Kemp because I have to think eventually the guy won't take it anymore and will rescind his endorsement. I see that being more of a Pence situation where he won't endorse Harris either, but it would be a pretty loud signal to Georgia Republicans.

The ideal situation would be a Republican version of the death spiral Biden's campaign got into. 

In thier case it could be that if they become convinced Trump can't win we might see opportunistic Republicans decide to get a jump on whitewashing their records for the post-Trump party. 

Though not likely because they are so attached to him at this point, you can definitely see the potential for a death spiral if people decide the party is over.

7 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

The ideal situation would be a Republican version of the death spiral Biden's campaign got into. 

In thier case it could be that if they become convinced Trump can't win we might see opportunistic Republicans decide to get a jump on whitewashing their records for the post-Trump party. 

Though not likely because they are so attached to him at this point, you can definitely see the potential for a death spiral if people decide the party is over.

It's going to take more than tomato juice to wash off that stink.

I don't see anything dramatic happening, but if the polling trend continues I could see donors pulling out. While the billionaire class is fully in Trump's pocket, they are also pragmatic enough that if they see the ship sinking and no clear indication that anything will change, they aren't going to throw their money away. I would creatively speculate that as early as the end of September Trump could start to see a huge drop in donations. Again, if current trends hold.

• stepee 1

Just now, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

That golf cart video has been out for ages.

WELL IT NEVER GOT POSTED TO D1P

Also I like how something that happened three weeks ago is "ages" now. Our perception of time has completely warped from everything that's been happening.

Lenin quote, etc.

“Iran, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the couch fucking dossier and pee tapes that are missing, I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press,” Harris said in a August 10, 2024 news conference.

• Sicko 1
  • Sicko Sherman 1

I am almost wondering if Joe should strategically "leak" stories about looking tired every week or two.

Rightwing media outlets just can not resist it when this stuff happens. It's like catnip to them. And with such a truncated election cycle I think every segment of every news cycle they are talking about Biden instead of Harris is a self-own for them.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

I am almost wondering if Joe should strategically "leak" stories about looking tired every week or two.

Rightwing media outlets just can not resist it when this stuff happens. It's like catnip to them. And with such a truncated election cycle I think every segment of every news cycle they are talking about Biden instead of Harris is a self-own for them.

Weird take. We're well past the point of dealing with "Biden is old and tired" headlines. Why try to reignite it? The Harris campaign is focused on moving on from that, so how would that help?

• True 2

5 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Joe has already put in his notice.

That's what brought me here. They just can not resist.

I was scrolling through news stories and there were literally more talking about Joe sleeping on the beach than hit pieces on Harris or Walz :lol:

33 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Joe has already put in his notice.

Good for him.. he has earned all the repose he gets going forward. Hope its communicated to him how much he truly is appreciated.. not perfect by any means but timely

• stepee 1
  • True 2
  • Halal 2