Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

Remember, Republicans wanted Trump to drop out in 2016 because he said the word “pussy”, ignoring the context of what he was actually talking about.

Him saying the n-word out loud? Same story, but it might actually get more Republicans to denounce him temporarily before they get more Kool-Aid and change their minds again.

Actual voters? Forget it. They’ll be out in droves to vote him out, especially the suburban women and black voters.

The New York Times will run a piece saying “Why Can’t White People say the word but Kamala and Black People Can?”

• True 1

I doubt Trump slips and drops the N-word..

the thing about debates is that he gets a break to to gather “thoughts” instead of the constant word vomit he has to sustain at a “rally”. Talking down to him and flustering him by saying hes incompetent may just be enough to get him riled up.

Honestly the only way he melts down is if the moderators have the guts to interrupt and call out his BS as soon as he starts ranting.. Shame that theyre too happy to accommodate him. As soon as immigration is brought up the questions to Trump should be why he killed the bipartisan immigration bill.. they just wont 

2 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

If you were trying to have a debate with a guy who just said anything that came to mind you'd have the same look in your face.

Yeah, I mean Trump multiple times did the whole "The dems are in favor of abortion after birth where the doctor asks if you want to keep it".  That and other stuff probably threw Biden off at the part of his life where he just isn't equipped to deal with that level of bullshit on the fly.

When I was like 27 or 28 I was on a date with a lady and all of the sudden she laid on me that she had previously been in a vampire cult and clearly it wasn't pleasant memories.  My brain ground to a halt, sometimes someone says something that falls outside of what you think people will say that it just doesn't process the normal way.  After it booted back up and the processes started running and I got "uhh, how was that?" out the mind started racing.  This lady was in a cult?  Vampire cults are a thing that exist in the world?  Vampire cults are a thing that exist in Cincinnati?

Anyway, a big problem with Biden was that he just couldn't keep up with the flood of shit that came tumbling out of Trump's brain.

8 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

Yeah, I mean Trump multiple times did the whole "The dems are in favor of abortion after birth where the doctor asks if you want to keep it".  That and other stuff probably threw Biden off at the part of his life where he just isn't equipped to deal with that level of bullshit on the fly.

When I was like 27 or 28 I was on a date with a lady and all of the sudden she laid on me that she had previously been in a vampire cult and clearly it wasn't pleasant memories.  My brain ground to a halt, sometimes someone says something that falls outside of what you think people will say that it just doesn't process the normal way.  After it booted back up and the processes started running and I got "uhh, how was that?" out the mind started racing.  This lady was in a cult?  Vampire cults are a thing that exist in the world?  Vampire cults are a thing that exist in Cincinnati?

Anyway, a big problem with Biden was that he just couldn't keep up with the flood of shit that came tumbling out of Trump's brain.

To be fair I'm less than half Biden's age and sometimes I'm still like

:badass:

At the the sheer volume of word poop coming out of Trump's mouth.

• True 2

7 hours ago, PaladinSolo said:

GUnXPxQXwAATrva?format=jpg&name=large

All candidates with leaners.

NYT/Siena College Poll:

WI: Harris 49/Trump 42/Kennedy 6

MI: Harris 48/Trump 43/Kennedy 4/Stein 1

PA: Harris 45/Trump 43/Kennedy 5/Stein 2

LV, with leaners Aug 5-8, 2024

Don't worry, the GOP has unskewed the polls to show that they actually show Trump in the lead:

MEIDASNEWS.COM

12 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Don't worry, the GOP has unskewed the polls to show that they actually show Trump in the lead:

MEIDASNEWS.COM

I know bad poll numbers aren't the greatest news in the world but I feel like Trump is Streisanding himself at this point.

Better to just let them go than to whine about them nonstop and go back to "unskewing" the polls.

I know we all have short memories in the Trump era, but people have to remember that this is beat for beat the exact same coping that Trump did right before he lost in 2020....

14 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Leaning into the COACH nickname is brilliant on the part of the Harris campaign:

GUoGWklW8AAPC-Q?format=jpg&name=4096x409

The Coach vs. The Couch!

5 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

Why is Trump wasting time in Montana anyway? 

2 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Because of the Senate seat (Tester) that the GOP wants tp flip.

Also, if this seems out of character that Trump would go out of his way to help the party, Hayes had a segment last night explaining that Trump has a long running vendetta against Tester for sinking Pill Poppin Ronny's nomination to run the Veteran's Affairs agency.

So yeah, even this move has a pinch of the Trump pettiness and grievance.

• Halal 2

WWW.POLITICO.COM

V7L5yDG.png

thats-terrible-aw.gif

The campaign blamed “foreign sources hostile to the United States,” citing a Microsoft report on Friday that Iranian hackers “sent a spear phishing email in June to a high-ranking official on a presidential campaign.” Microsoft did not identify the campaign targeted by the email and declined to comment Saturday. POLITICO has not independently verified the identity of the hacker or their motivation, and a Trump campaign spokesperson, Steven Cheung, declined to say if they had further information substantiating the campaigns’ suggestion that it was targeted by Iran.

• Haha 1
  • Sicko 3

• CitizenVectron changed the title to Rock the Vote '24: update (08/10) - Trump campaign internal documents "hacked," allegedly by Iran
3 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

Enough people did exactly that to where he's not even running for fucking President anymore, lol. Dunno if it matters if some specific person on these forums did. The damage was done and it was course corrected, now if only a certain other doddering old man dropped out...

Yea I know. I'll tell you what I seriously think Trump is losing his fuckin mind. His rallies are losing huge momentum with support and his dialogue has really plummeted. He is making mistakes and he's constantly taking shots at Harris with the SAME old bullshit over and over again.

He's at a complete loss in strategy to take on Harris and Walz. There is nothing for him to legitimately attack so he is sounding more and more like a crazy piece of shit. 

Even fox news has ran out of things to attack and it's becoming really embarrassing. 

• True 1

I just wanna know what the attack vector was. Did Trump click a link promising free Big Macs for a year? Vance get a targeted ad for MILFs and eagerly clicked, hoping to see his mother? Campaign manager just get a text that said "looking to start over with a new career?"

Anthony made a point in this podcast that I thought was really interesting. And that is that it's because of George Floyd that we have the Harris/Walz ticket.

Essentially in 2020 Biden apparently got really close to choosing Amy Klobuchar as his VP, but when the George Floyd protests happened in MN, he dropped that idea because he simply didn't want his campaign wading into any of that controversy in any way. So thus he chose Harris, partially also as a bridge to black voters and to head off the accusations of racism that were lobbied at him during the primary.

Then as Harris became the nominee for '24, she needed a bridge as a Californian to the midwesterners, and she circled back to MN for her own VP. Had George Floyd not died and the protests never happened, we would be likely looking at a completely different race, and it's anyone's guess if we would have seen the "phenomenon" that we see with Harris with a different candidate. It's really an interesting looping of events that got us here. As he called it, the butterfly effect.

• Thanks 1
  • True 1