Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

2 hours ago, PaladinSolo said:

So Vance offered to debate Harris on August 12 or 13 for some reason but said he won't debate walz because he's not sure hell be the VP nominee, despite the ticket being roll called the other day. What a fucking weirdo. 

Found the quote. 

17230644061348267726579014333139.png?ex=

Bold strategy Cotton

6 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

Bold strategy Cotton

I think it's over 50% now that Trump dumps Vance. If he went rogue on this Trump's paranoia is going to go off the charts.

"Lil JD Vance got a little big for his britches, didn't he? He thought for a second maybe he was president. Well now he's nothing just like what he was before I endorsed him and made something out of him."

• Haha 1

The rally in Detroit is crazy. The crowd is huge, spilling out of the hangar onto the tarmac. They pulled Air Force 2 right up to the rally. Head of the UAW was hype man, got the crowd chanting HE'S A SCAB about Trump, called Harris a badass woman who walked the picket line.

5 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

I think it's over 50% now that Trump dumps Vance. If he went rogue on this Trump's paranoia is going to go off the charts.

"Lil JD Vance got a little big for his britches, didn't he? He thought for a second maybe he was president. Well now he's nothing just like what he was before I endorsed him and made something out of him."

Polymarket has the probability sitting at 4% right now. 

If Trump replaces Vance it looks weak too and is also a bad look. If he can’t even pick a VP correctly, how is he to be trusted to pick the rest of the best people I mean administration? Though if I were him personally I would do it and replace him with Hailey. 

Anyway, I look forward to the Trump/Stein unity ticket 

• Haha 1
  • Halal 1

8 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Isn’t it too late to dump Vance? Ballot locking and all that. 

Oh shit, you are right. I am not sure when the cutoff is exactly, but I have heard it's coming up soon.

It would be hilarious is Vance decided to big dog Trump exactly for this reason and basically daring him to try to drop him....

• Hugs 1

Also is my memory writing political fanfic or didn’t Vance originally try to dodge the idea of a Kamala VP debate using the same excuse before Biden dropped out as well? 

Like, what does it matter who it is, you will only debate someone you feel comfortable with? I mean, he says this now but Kamala would have ripped him to shreds as I said back then.

There is nothing on this earth that would put Trump off the ballot and replace him with Vance.  It would be an absolute bloodbath for republicans, they would lose in a landslide not seen since the days of Reagan and it would poison all down ballot elections as well.  Even if Trump died tomorrow, I honestly believe they would keep Trump on the ballot and go for a martyr vote in his name instead of having JD at the top of the ticket.  

Anything removing Trump from the ballot short of the grim reaper would just be seen as a deep state rat fuck by his base.  They would be absolutely furious and turn on the party entirely.  

• stepee 1

Just now, LazyPiranha said:

There is nothing on this earth that would put Trump off the ballot and replace him with Vance.  It would be an absolute bloodbath for republicans, they would lose in a landslide not seen since the days of Reagan and it would poison all down ballot elections as well.  Even if Trump died tomorrow, I honestly believe they would keep Trump on the ballot and go for a martyr vote in his name instead of having JD at the top of the ticket.  

Anything removing Trump from the ballot short of the grim reaper would just be seen as a deep state rat fuck by his base.  They would be absolutely furious and turn on the party entirely.  

If he died and republicans win I wouldn’t put it past jr saying that they were voting for him because he is Donald trump

11 minutes ago, Chris- said:

I honestly believe there is a reality where Trump dumps Vance at the last minute and does a unity ticket with Brainworm Bobby. I truly think that is a plausible scenario.

This is my dream scenario because I love election season drama.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Sad that Vance doesn't have that kind of cash...as about only 30 people showed up for his "rally" in Detroit this morning:

VoznPkO.png

There were more reporters that supporters.

I’ve never said “Detroit” in quotation marks harder than I’m saying it right now. Shelby township is a right wing suburban shithole if there ever was one.

14 minutes ago, Chris- said:

I honestly believe there is a reality where Trump dumps Vance at the last minute and does a unity ticket with Brainworm Bobby. I truly think that is a plausible scenario.

Didnt RFK Jr. already try to hand him and endorsement but wanted a cabinet position of education or health. Trump’s team then said hell no to that idea and nothing happened afterwards. Although I don’t know if the recent bear and Central Park info would work well for a new V.P. pick. 

5 minutes ago, S3xB0t said:

I’ve never said “Detroit” in quotation marks harder than I’m saying it right now. Shelby township is a right wing suburban shithole if there ever was one.

It’s where my grandmother in law lives. She’s a chud and I don’t think even she went to see his dumb ass

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

It’s where my grandmother in law lives. She’s a chud and I don’t think even she went to see his dumb ass

My in laws are from Sterling Whites Heights. I like them, but yeah, there’s some big chud energy in that corner of the metro.

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

The weird baby has been missing from the campaign trail because he's busy soiling his Depends about having to run against Harris. 

Trump complains about campaign as advisers try to focus on attacking Harris

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2024/08/07/trump-election-campaign/

“This is really Trump’s race to lose,” Graham said. “I hope we’ll get more focused on prosecuting the case against her. I think he was frustrated originally, but over the last couple days, we’ve had good conversations and I think we have the wind at our back.”

Nearly a decade, and still waiting on that pivot!

friends-ross.gif

16 minutes ago, Jason said:

The weird baby has been missing from the campaign trail because he's busy soiling his Depends about having to run against Harris. 

What a nice piece for puffing up the health of Trump’s campaign. The writer really gave them a lot of opportunity to drone on about how strong and stable they are. Unfortunately (for them) their top guy is a mad lunatic with a wild mouth. All of the quotes really lead one to reading between the lines, “If only we can get control of Trump’s mouth…”

3 minutes ago, S3xB0t said:

What a nice piece for puffing up the health of Trump’s campaign. The writer really gave them a lot of opportunity to drone on about how strong and stable they are. Unfortunately (for them) their top guy is a mad lunatic with a wild mouth. All of the quotes really lead one to reading between the lines, “If only we can get control of Trump’s mouth…”

They have really settled on the "It's Trump's race to lose" line in their compliment sandwich.

That is 100% being used in the same way that people would go on Fox and Friends and say stuff when he was president to get them to listen to their advice.

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

Wow so apparently if I right-click the link and click 'Save link as', I can read Wapo articles.

I love that their campaign spokesperson is bragging about how disciplined their messaging is. Like if there's one descriptor that is the exact opposite of how Trump has been campaigning, it's "disciplined".

4 minutes ago, Reputator said:

Wow so apparently if I right-click the link and click 'Save link as', I can read Wapo articles.

I love that their campaign spokesperson is bragging about how disciplined their messaging is. Like if there's one descriptor that is the exact opposite of how Trump has been campaigning, it's "disciplined".

I just use archive.ph

4 minutes ago, Reputator said:

There's definitely portions of that article that drift into Baghdad Bob territory 

6 hours ago, LazyPiranha said:

These idiots are missing the subtle beauty of the couch fucking joke; it’s subtly plausible.  You tell me a pasty white dude admitted to fucking a couch, I’ll believe you.  You tell me someone got so full of horse spunk they needed medical intervention, that’s obviously bullshit.  

You say that, but if Joe Rogan had someone on his show tell the audience that Secretariat shooting ropes on their face prevented COVID…