Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

2 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

All these actors! That's where their $500+ million is going!

Sad that Vance doesn't have that kind of cash...as about only 30 people showed up for his "rally" in Detroit this morning:

VoznPkO.png

There were more reporters that supporters.

• Sad 1
  • Sicko Sherman 1

7 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Sad that Vance doesn't have that kind of cash...as about only 30 people showed up for his "rally" in Detroit this morning:

VoznPkO.png

There were more reporters that supporters.

I’ve seen city council candidates get better crowds

That weasel faced 6 foot pile of shit couch fucker is now going after Walz military service.

I'm not sure that it's in the best interest of Public Relations Desk Jockey Marine JD Vance to get into a military dick measuring contest.

But then again, all of the amoral shitheads who lick up the diarrhea that oozes from the face holes of these bipedal GOP demons from hell really don't care. They don't care about anything. They made up their minds about how everything in the world works 20 years ago and are now just looking for any hateful grifting profiteer who will tell them what they want to hear.

Walz should be more clear about his military service.  He served with honor for 24 years, and is(technically) a combat veteran, but not on the same level as those who actually served on the front line. 

I could claim, legally and technically, that I too am a combat veteran.  I served in a combat zone for both Operation Iraqi Freedom and Enduring Freedom.  But I don't feel like I truly am a combat veteran because I was always hundreds of miles away from where the actual shooting was taking place, and I never even handled a weapon during my time in the middle east. 

I am proud of my service, and Walz should as well.  Even Vance should feel good about his own time in the Marines, even if it was in a non-combat role.  

• Halal 2

2 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Walz should be more clear about his military service.  He served with honor for 24 years, and is(technically) a combat veteran, but not on the same level as those who actually served on the front line. 

I could claim, legally and technically, that I too am a combat veteran.  I served in a combat zone for both Operation Iraqi Freedom and Enduring Freedom.  But I don't feel like I truly am a combat veteran because I was always hundreds of miles away from where the actual shooting was taking place, and I never even handled a weapon during my time in the middle east. 

I am proud of my service, and Walz should as well.  Even Vance should feel good about his own time in the Marines, even if it was in a non-combat role.  

Has Walz ever actually claimed to be a combat veteran, or seen war? The only thing I've seen in a single instance (of a run-on sentence that could be interpreted a few ways) where he's talking about restricting assault rifles for public use.

8 minutes ago, ort said:

That weasel faced 6 foot pile of shit couch fucker is now going after Walz military service.

I'm not sure that it's in the best interest of Public Relations Desk Jockey Marine JD Vance wants to get into a military dick measuring contest.

But then again, all of the amoral shitheads who lick up the diarrhea that oozes from the face holes of these bipedal GOP demons from hell really don't care. They don't care about anything. They made up their minds about how everything in the world works 20 years ago and are now just looking for any hateful grifting profiteer who will tell them what they want to hear.

Everything they do is dusted off from years ago.  They thought they could sail on "he's old" all the way to November.  Trump is writing "Biden comes back" fan fiction in his Live Journal.

Also Vance needs to piss off with shitting on military service after he backed Majewsky.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jason said:
JALOPNIK.COM

The company's desire to have happy employees is ruffling feathers among weirdos

Fox ran a story like this about us a year or two ago.  

WWW.FOXBUSINESS.COM

StopWoke founder Rob Smith claims Rocket Mortgage is providing tampons in men's restrooms as part of the company's LGBTQ initiative.

6 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Has Walz ever actually claimed to be a combat veteran, or seen war? The only thing I've seen in a single instance (of a run-on sentence that could be interpreted a few ways) where he's talking about restricting assault rifles for public use.

I believe that was it, yeah.

12 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

They are going after him for...

In a video online where he was talking about Assault Rifles, he mentioned that people shouldn't have weapons of war and the he trained with one in a war or something. He isn't trying to trick people, I think he just worded something poorly.

He left the national guard as his unit was preparing to go to Iraq. He was also 41 and had been serving for 20 something years or whatever.

Apparently as part of his leaving early he had his rank lowered due to some technicality or bureaucratic loophole, so when he says he was a Sergeant Major or whatever he is, he is lying, since he technically wasn't at the end.

He says he was the highest ranking congress person but apparently that's not true.

I probably have some of the details wrong, but that;'s the nutmeat of the criticisms. Vance straight up referred to it as "stolen valor". 

This makes a nothingburger look filling, shouldn't even be addressed. Keep them on the backfoot. Don't start playing their stupid ass game where they never answer anything and we myopically and foolishly think we need to answer everything in excruciating detail. Stop letting them even attempt to steer the conversation. 

• Halal 4

1 minute ago, ort said:

He says he was the highest ranking congress person but I guess that also isn't true for some reason?

By reaching E-8, Walz was the highest ranking enlisted person to serve in Congress I believe.  However, even the highest ranking enlisted rank (E-9) is still outranked by the lowest officer rank (O-1).  What's funny is that an E-9 with upwards of 30 years of service would be required to salute an officer with 1 day of service and refer them as "sir".

1 minute ago, Xbob42 said:

This makes a nothingburger look filling, shouldn't even be addressed. Keep them on the backfoot. Don't start playing their stupid ass game where they never answer everything and we myopically and foolishly think we need to answer everything in excruciating detail. 

So far the Harris campaign has been doing a pretty good job of that, staying on the offense and not letting them lead the conversation. Very promising.

• True 2

2 hours ago, PaladinSolo said:

Ok so we're reaching Obama levels with the crowds going to her rally in Wisconsin and over 50k rsvp'd for Detroit tonight so it had to be moved to an airport hanger. 

She’s gonna have to accept the Nom at Soldier Field at this rate!

16 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Some of you actually want us to let up on calling this shit weird :nottalking:

IMG-9386.jpg

She should have gone to a liberal coffee shop so she could overhear zoomer liberals talking about how JD Vance nailed his Philadelphia speech and how excited they are to vote Trump.

WWW.THREADS.NET

Reporter: Why would people in Wisconsin want to have a beer with you? Vance: Ha ha ha ha. Ahh. Well. I guess, I guess, they’d like, they’d want to have a beer...

This is who they're sending out to stalk Harris & Walz. They're pinning most of their swing state campaigning on this guy. He has negative charisma. Like anyone around him will have their own charisma nullified.

Meanwhile, in Wisconsin...

• Hype 1

18 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

You laugh, but he's going to clinch the vote for "guys who punched a lady at the bar last night and bonded out today" demographic with these kinds of appearances.

if they were legally allowed to vote they'd already be in the bag for trump

ABCNEWS.GO.COM

Allies of Donald Trump are slamming VP candidate Tim Walz for his handling of riots in the wake of George Floyd’s murder -- but Trump expressed his support at the time.

In the hours after Vice President Kamala Harris announced Gov. Tim Walz as her running mate, allies of former President Donald Trump rushed to denigrate the Minnesota Democrat, seizing on criticism of his handling of the riots in the wake of George Floyd's murder in May 2020.

"He allowed rioters to burn down the streets of Minneapolis," Ohio Sen. JD Vance, the Republican candidate for vice president, said Tuesday.

But at the time, Trump expressed support for Walz's handling of the protests, according to a recording of a phone call obtained by ABC News -- telling a group of governors that Walz "dominated," and praising his leadership as an example for other states to follow.

"I know Gov. Walz is on the phone, and we spoke, and I fully agree with the way he handled it the last couple of days," Trump told a group of governors on June 1, 2020, according to a recording of the call, in which he also called Walz an "excellent guy."

"I was very happy with the last couple of days, Tim," Trump continued. "You called up big numbers and the big numbers knocked them out so fast it was like bowling pins."

Trump also suggested on the call that it was his encouragement that sparked Walz to call in the National Guard: "I said, you got to use the National Guard in big numbers," Trump said. A spokesperson for the Harris-Walz campaign said Wednesday that was untrue.