Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

14 minutes ago, Uaarkson said:

I die a little inside every time I remember “Pokémon-Go-to-the-polls”

It has a real oddball youth pastor appealing to the kids vibe.  "You know who the best gamer of all time was? Jesus Christ."

• Guillotine 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

It has a real oddball youth pastor appealing to the kids vibe.  "You know who the best gamer of all time was? Jesus Christ."

"His K:D was immaculate. Never killed a single player, never died himself. But won every match. Because he's a team player. Okay wait maybe he died once but it wasn't a big deal."

• Halal 1

2 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

"His K:D was immaculate. Never killed a single player, never died himself. But won every match. Because he's a team player. Okay wait maybe he died once but it wasn't a big deal."

I feel for the ones that have to try now.  "Hey, I know a guy who has the real sigma skibidi rizz..."

• True 1

1 minute ago, Air_Delivery said:

This is just an aside note but I find it interesting how quickly no one gives a shit about Trump's attempted assassination. 3 weeks later of a seismic event and everyone has basically collectively forgot about it. 

His what now?

• Haha 4
  • Sicko Sherman 3

10 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

I feel for the ones that have to try now.  "Hey, I know a guy who has the real sigma skibidi rizz..."

"Despite doing no wrong, the Romans viciously jelqed Ya Boi on the cross for 3 full days. Listen, chat... They were so chalant, his gyatt was mercilessly fanum taxed, no cap. Bro was munted as soon as they finished unaliving him. It wasn't bussin, but in the end, when Ya Boi finished that obby and got a rez, those Romans had nothing but glaze for Him."

• Guillotine 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1
  • True 1
  • Sicko 1

2 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

This is just an aside note but I find it interesting how quickly no one gives a shit about Trump's attempted assassination. 3 weeks later of a seismic event and everyone has basically collectively forgot about it. 

They people who hate Trump aren't going to give a shit.  Trump's side really really needed the shooter to be ANTIFA and not some right wing goof.  They can't blame the left for getting him all fired up, the left don't give a shit, so life moves on.

• True 2

5 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

It was weirdly inconvenient for them too

2 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Yep, I agree as well. It's a good attack to use within the base (and a little bit to wink at in the mainstream), but shouldn't be overdone. However—and I'm basing this just off of their messaging so far—the Harris team seems to have a pretty good grasp of the zeitgeist and how to message things. So I'm not too worried about them going too far in on it. Even their focus on the future (and avoiding responding directly to Trump's attacks) is a good move so far. Yes, you need to paint Trump and Vance as the past, and strange, and wrong, etc, etc, but you most importantly need to paint a vision of the future to vote for.

Yeah I'm honestly surprised at how well-run the campaign has been since Harris stepped in--they could have easily fumbled the transition.  But the messaging has been spot on, both in attacking Trump/Vance and articulating an alternative or shoring up Harris's liabilities, and everything is just generally better-coordinated and better-disciplined than it was just a few weeks ago.  It also seems like they're taking care not to repeat some of Clinton's mistakes.  I have no idea what the explanation for this renaissance is, or whether it'll be enough on election day, but it's a pretty stark contrast to how the campaign was faring before Biden dropped out.  

Glad to see it, of course, but damn why couldn't they just have run the show this effectively from the get-go?

2 minutes ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

but it's a pretty stark contrast to how the campaign was faring before Biden dropped out.  

Who?

2 minutes ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

but damn why couldn't they just have run the show this effectively from the get-go?

Because of the actual candidate - that's why.

1 minute ago, Xbob42 said:

"Despite doing no wrong, the Romans viciously jelqed ya boi on the cross for 3 full days. Listen, chat... They were so chalant, his gyatt was mercilessly fanum taxed, no cap. Bro was munted as soon as they finished unaliving him. It wasn't bussin, but in the end, when ya boi finished that obby and got a rez, those Romans had nothing but glaze for Him."

That's it, I want off the ride now, going to go live in the woods.

3 minutes ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

Yeah I'm honestly surprised at how well-run the campaign has been since Harris stepped in--they could have easily fumbled the transition.  But the messaging has been spot on, both in attacking Trump/Vance and articulating an alternative or shoring up Harris's liabilities, and everything is just generally better-coordinated and better-disciplined than it was just a few weeks ago.  It also seems like they're taking care not to repeat some of Clinton's mistakes.  I have no idea what the explanation for this renaissance is, or whether it'll be enough on election day, but it's a pretty stark contrast to how the campaign was faring before Biden dropped out.  

Glad to see it, of course, but damn why couldn't they just have run the show this effectively from the get-go?

Joe was never gonna allow the insults to fly like this. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Joe was never gonna allow the insults to fly like this. 

Obama and Biden wanted to keep it clean and high brow.  Easy enough when McCain and Romney are your opponents I guess.  It is nice to see the Democrats have some fight for once, and the Republicans are truly the ones who can dish it out but can't take it.

• Halal 2

2 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

Obama and Biden wanted to keep it clean and high brow.  Easy enough when McCain and Romney are your opponents I guess.  It is nice to see the Democrats have some fight for once, and the Republicans are truly the ones who can dish it out but can't take it.

They've been really struggling to dish it out these last few weeks.

• True 1

13 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

"Despite doing no wrong, the Romans viciously jelqed Ya Boi on the cross for 3 full days. Listen, chat... They were so chalant, his gyatt was mercilessly fanum taxed, no cap. Bro was munted as soon as they finished unaliving him. It wasn't bussin, but in the end, when Ya Boi finished that obby and got a rez, those Romans had nothing but glaze for Him."

Did your fingers instantly develop cancerous tumors after typing that?

• Sicko 1

19 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

Try realizing this 2 weeks ago. :p

On 7/24/2024 at 9:44 PM, Keyser_Soze said:

Remember when people cared about this?

Now all people can talk about is Kamala.

• True 1
  • Sicko Sherman 1

9 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

What I'm learning is shorter campaigns next time. Even if the GOP is out there for 3 years, let people get tired of hearing them.

Could be that Trump has been campaigning on the same messaging since 2016 so I got tired of hearing it 8 years ago 

2 minutes ago, Comet said:

Could be that Trump has been campaigning on the same messaging since 2016 so I got tired of hearing it 8 years ago 

I dunno, I'm curious as to what his thoughts are on Hillary Clinton...

• Haha 1
  • Sicko Sherman 1

48 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

I think in an Obama vs Trump situation President Obama was quick witted enough to keep his civility for the most part while simultaneously being quick witted enough to make Trump into a laughingstock which would have further flustered the soggy looking cheetoh