Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

44 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Betcha JD Vance, the youngest guy in this whole thing, has no idea what Valorant is. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't know E-Sports is a thing.

JD Vance: shut the hell up about Valorant, Vivek! I’m try to talk to Trump!

Hillary was plugged in to the video games in 2016 and the gamers didn't find "Pokemon Go to the polls" to be compelling.  I've been playing Death Stranding recently, and due to the fact that no politician will connect with me around that I must vote for the guy who hauled a dead bear to the heart of one of the biggest cities in the world.

8 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

I don’t say this lightly, but whoever it was that made the initial couch joke has quite possibly changed the course of American history.

poasting is real life 

16 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

Hillary was plugged in to the video games in 2016 and the gamers didn't find "Pokemon Go to the polls" to be compelling.  I've been playing Death Stranding recently, and due to the fact that no politician will connect with me around that I must vote for the guy who hauled a dead bear to the heart of one of the biggest cities in the world.

Sam Porter Bridge your way to the polls!

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Vance is campaigning today in MI and is using a "stolen valor" line of attack on Walz, claiming that since he never served in combat, that he's a fake soldier.

Didn't Vance work a desk for the minimum amount of time you can be in the military?

Re: weird. I don’t think it’s something the campaign will touch on too much from this point. It’s one of those things that define your opponents early (and in this case successfully) and now when you give details of policy or personality you don’t have to say it because it only reinforces the point you made earlier. 

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Imagine being thrown the softest softball to ever soft, and still managing to come out of it look like a deranged dipshit on top of assuming it's a "bogus question."

3 minutes ago, Jwheel86 said:

Looks like the swift boating has started, they're going after him for retiring at a lower grade and only deploying to Italy.

Is that a great idea?  Vance worked a desk, Trump got a medical deferment and was really strange about the military when he was in office.

The Swift Boat thing was part of Rove's strategy of attacking the opponents strength instead of weakness.  Kerry leaned hard on being a veteran, so they took low blows there.  Walz's strength is in seeming like a regular guy and not some slick dirtbag with an engineered persona.

• True 1

1 hour ago, finaljedi said:

I die a little inside every time I remember “Pokémon-Go-to-the-polls”

Just now, Uaarkson said:

I die a little inside every time I remember “Pokémon-Go-to-the-polls”

If she were running right now, she'd be yelling about how we should "Hawk Tuah the polls"

• Guillotine 1
  • Haha 4
  • True 1
  • Sicko Sherman 1