Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

2 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Lots of GOP talking points about how this choice is antisemitic. So...they wanted Shapiro chosen because he is Jewish? Sounds like they wanted a DEI hire? In reality, of course, they wanted him because he would be easier to attack as Jewish (to their base). Always projecting.

They’ve. Got. Nothing. 

18 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I don’t know why this made me laugh as hard as it did:

IMG-9367.jpg
IMG-9368.jpg
IMG-9369.jpg

It’s the mischievous smile at the end. My beagle, YES I HAD A BEAGLE, used to do the same thing when he got into shit he wasn’t supposed to. 

22 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Both A-rated pollsters with the same age range, and massively different results:

eoOnGDm.png

No one knows how to get accurate results from young people.

Clearly the 29-34 age range is in the bag for trump /s

• True 1

32 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

It’s the mischievous smile at the end. My beagle, YES I HAD A BEAGLE, used to do the same thing when he got into shit he wasn’t supposed to. 

Mine always makes this face because if he’s not already doing something, he’s plotting something:

IMG-8826.jpg

• stepee 2

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

That's adorable but how does a dog lock themselves in ANYWHERE?

Judging from the lock and the story, the dog got the zoomies and managed to make the door slam shut hard which caused something in the old lock to flip.

I think I had something similar happen when my house had old, unused door locks. I am trying to remember....I think I had that exact type of glass door handle lock in my childhood home that was never used because any key for it had been lost 10 years before I was born :lol:

13 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

That's adorable but how does a dog lock themselves in ANYWHERE?

They know the doorknob opens the door but they don't have fingers.  But they whack at it enough and the little lock turn thing gets turned and you get locked out.

I had to go and let my mother back into her own house last week because she was walking one dog and the other one locked her out.

• Haha 1

Someone is having a bit of a day it would appear:

What are the chances that Crooked Joe Biden, the WORST President in the history of the U.S., whose Presidency was Unconstitutionally STOLEN from him by Kamabla, Barrack HUSSEIN Obama, Crazy Nancy Pelosi, Shifty Adam Schiff, Cryin’ Chuck Schumer, and others on the Lunatic Left, CRASHES the Democrat National Convention and tries to take back the Nomination, beginning with challenging me to another DEBATE. He feels that he made a historically tragic mistake by handing over the U.S. Presidency, a COUP, to the people in the World he most hates, and he wants it back, NOW!!!

• Confused 3
  • Haha 3
  • Sicko Sherman 1

1 minute ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Someone is having a bit of a day it would appear:

This feels like when you lose an argument with someone and then you spend 20 minutes the next day having another argument with them entirely in your own head.

• True 3

He's clearly still struggling with the concept of someone stepping aside.  Also the brain trust that probably came up with months of "he's old" spin probably want more money to come up with something for Harris.

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

THAT'S the weirdest thing about that to you???

I think it's just confusing.

Just now, GeneticBlueprint said:

I've always rolled my eyes at the constant middle naming of Barack Obama. But love the all-caps on it here. 

Bah-rock

Hoosaaaaaaaaain

Obammer

MINNESOTAREFORMER.COM

Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz really, really likes maps.  The former Mankato geography teacher, now a vice presidential candidate, identifies as a “GIS nerd” and proclaimed November...

BSKY.APP

More from Tim Walz on the nexus between maps/data and policy. This is from yet another ESRI conference (he's done at least three of them)

1 minute ago, Jason said:
MINNESOTAREFORMER.COM

Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz really, really likes maps.  The former Mankato geography teacher, now a vice presidential candidate, identifies as a “GIS nerd” and proclaimed November...

BSKY.APP

More from Tim Walz on the nexus between maps/data and policy. This is from yet another ESRI conference (he's done at least three of them)

As a land surveyor, this pleases me.

via a bluesky skeet that won't embed 

The Kamala Harris campaign says it's raised more than $10 million in small donations *since this morning* when Walz was named to the ticket (via Ed O'Keefe, CBS) 

• Hugs 1

The Harris campaign has received 47,000 ticket requests for the rally in Detroit tomorrow.

I think it's time they upgraded from the 10,000-seat stadiums they have currently booked. Obviously you don't want to go too big, too fast...but I want to see more of this:

5cLajuc.png

• True 1
  • Halal 2

2 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

The Harris campaign has received 47,000 ticket requests for the rally in Detroit tomorrow.

I think it's time they upgraded from the 10,000-seat stadiums they have currently booked. Obviously you don't want to go too big, too fast...but I want to see more of this:

5cLajuc.png

Their ability to upgrade to bigger venues is kinda limited by the availability of those venues.  Ya gotta remember that this campaign is only a few weeks old!

• True 1