Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

The Minneapolis Star Tribune has outlined Walz's "vulnerabilities" that will form the basis of the GOP's lines of attack upon him, all of which I'm sure the Harris vetting team was well-aware of:

WWW.STARTRIBUNE.COM

Republicans also say Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz failed to bridge partisan divide.

• True 1

2 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

*looks at how many people care about Trump's rape allegations, conviction, and direct sexual harassment*

Oh, yea, sure.

Dude.. you have to know that Trump's tactics only work for HIM. If you think Republican wouldn't have hammered Shapiro with the sexual harassment stuff while ignoring Trump's own issues with sexual harassment and rape, I have a bridge to sell you. Also Shapiro's percieved support of Israel was absolutely a liability going in to this election. My own father was talking about not voting at all when Biden was still in the race because of the perception of how he's handled and enabled Israel. THAT is "real life" and he's representative of a whole bunch of boomer aged muslims who had this issue woth Biden.  That may not count in most states but it DAMN sure enough counts in Michigan, another must win state. He's not on the internet, he told me that out of his own mouth. Now that Kamala is the candidate, he's back on board and Shapiro could have hurt that. I like Shapiro, but he had one too many easily attackable negatives from BOTH sides of the Spectrum.

2 hours ago, sblfilms said:

They don’t want a Jewish man on the ticket, not because they dislike him or Jews, but because they think Gaza matters in American electoral politics. Because they think the internet is real life.

It matters in Michigan bro.

• True 3

16 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

@Greatoneshere told me in private but said it was ok to share here. He said in celebration of this pick he would watch this movie:

spacer.png

I have NEVER heard of this movie. Might have to check it out.

Anyways, I like Shapiro a lot and think he’s definitely going to be President one day, but his current skeletons about to come out are not going to do the Harris campaign any favors right now. Also, having just been elected governor in 2022, a lot of people in PA might see it as a betrayal for him to accept the VP slot so soon.

Besides, look at Walz here:

spacer.png

JUST LOOK AT HIM. I want to have a beer with him and play with the little piglet he’s holding! <3

• Hype 1

Just now, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

The eventual "behind-the-scenes" story of this entire process is going to be fascinating to learn, especially how the various teams approached their "pitch presentations" for the three main candidates.

It looked like this

Voting Tribal Council GIF by Survivor CBS

Sad Jeff Probst GIF by Survivor CBS

• stepee 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

It matters in Michigan bro.

Look up the number of voters who would be most likely to change their vote or not vote in MI as a result, and then look at the margins in MI. Harris is polling at larger margins than Biden 2020.

The math suggests it still doesn’t matter in MI, and that is the state it is most likely to matter!

Why Kamala Harris chose Tim Walz (Politico)

After their meeting on Sunday, Shapiro called Harris' team and made clear that he was "struggling with the decision to leave his current job as governor of Pennsylvania, in order to seek the vice presidency," according to a person familiar with the selection process.

• Halal 4

22 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

Besides, look at Walz here:

spacer.png

JUST LOOK AT HIM. I want to have a beer with him and play with the little piglet he’s holding! <3

What is this? He’s smiling? Having fun? We already have Laffin’ Kamala, are Dems just a bunch of jokers? 

29 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

I have NEVER heard of this movie. Might have to check it out.

It's written and directed by the great Sarah Polley (also an actor) who did the even better movies Away from Her, Stories We Tell and the recent Women Talking. Take This Waltz is absolutely worth a watch. 

• Halal 1

5 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

It's written and directed by the great Sarah Polley (also an actor) who did the even better movies Away from Her, Stories We Tell and the recent Women Talking. Take This Waltz is absolutely worth a watch. 

It was in my netflix disc queue that is now gone but I think I found it on Kanopy to watch one day.

• Hype 1

Now the big headline on Fox is...

"We found 5 or 6 left wing pundits who don't like this pick and are creating a headline that makes it sound like the entire party is unhappy because we know our audience is so staggeringly media illiterate they will just open up and let us drop a fat turd right in their eager mouths like the obedient mush brained garbage people losers they are..."

I'm paraphrasing, but that's the gist of it...

2 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

Ort is like those people who whine constantly about bad Facebook and Twitter have gotten and yet never go anywhere else despite it being beneficial for their mental health.

I was telling some friends of mine that my mental health has never been better since I stopped checking Facebook daily back in 2015. That shit could ruin my day depending on what I read on the train ride to work. 

• True 1
  • Halal 2
  • Hugs 3

6 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

Ort is like those people who whine constantly about bad Facebook and Twitter have gotten and yet never go anywhere else despite it being beneficial for their mental health.

image.jpeg

• Sad 1
  • Haha 5
  • True 1
  • Sicko 1

I think it's good he checks Fox News so we don't have to. I mean, I can always assume what "tactic" Fox News is spinning into something and 99.9% of the time it's what I expect but Ort confirms it for us! I don't want that shit in my algorithm but I do want to know what they're saying.

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Dude.. you have to know that Trump's tactics only work for HIM. If you think Republican wouldn't have hammered Shapiro with the sexual harassment stuff while ignoring Trump's own issues with sexual harassment and rape, I have a bridge to sell you. Also Shapiro's percieved support of Israel was absolutely a liability going in to this election. My own father was talking about not voting at all when Biden was still in the race because of the perception of how he's handled and enabled Israel. THAT is "real life" and he's representative of a whole bunch of boomer aged muslims who had this issue woth Biden.  That may not count in most states but it DAMN sure enough counts in Michigan, another must win state. He's not on the internet, he told me that out of his own mouth. Now that Kamala is the candidate, he's back on board and Shapiro could have hurt that. I like Shapiro, but he had one too many easily attackable negatives from BOTH sides of the Spectrum.

Shapiro has called Netanyahu “[one of the] the worst leader(s) of all time” and favors a two state solution, and has openly done so pre-Oct 7th.

2 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

If your dad doesn’t spend time on the internet and getting meme’d, what would his issue with Shapiro have been then?

His issue is what he's heard from his peers who DO spend time on Facebook and the internet. Same with my mom. These old folks talk and a lot of their opinions come from friends who they see as being "informed". Perfect example, that bullshit controversy about the trans boxer? I heard about that from my mom first not the internet or the news and when I went back to correct her and tell her that the boxer in question wasn't actually born a woman, she wasn't trying to hear it because her opinion had already been formed by her more informed friends who she heard the story from first. So yes, misinformation online can infect those who don't spend all of their time online and boomers have a hard time reevaluating their opinions once they are already formed even when you give them new information.

My opinion about Kamala's V.P. pick was "do no harm". Kamala is already "controversial" to a certain segment of the country simply because of who she is. A mixed race WOMAN and neither one of her races are white (unlike Obama). One of things that made Obama acceptable to a some parts of the country was that he was "Black" but he was partially raised by his good old American Grandparents that they could identify with. Kamala doesn't have any of that so her VP pick needs to be that. She needed to find someone that white middle America could see themselves in and Shapiro wasn't that, I'm sorry. Neither was Pete. Those guys would mmake great running mates or even candidates themselves but not for this ticket. This country can only move forward so much at any given time. Shapiro brought too much of his own baggage whether justified or not and this election is too important to fuck up in my humble opinion.

3 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I didn’t want Shapiro, I wanted Kelly for the GOP conspiracies that would be a laugh riot since Kelly has a twin brother :p 

I wanted Kelly as well but I can understand why it wasn't him. I was just explaining why I wasn't big on Shapiro and why it mattered to people who live in the real world and aren't on the internet,. My parents are Boomer Black Muslims and they have a whole different eco-system of information that I KNOW no one here knows anything about and when my Dad said he was thinking about not voting when Biden was still running, I KNEW that wasn't just him talking. And he specifically  cited Israel being the reason.

I am surprised no one has jumped on the obvious meme yet.

"If I had a nickel for every time a female Democratic nominee for president choose a vanilla old white guy named Tim as her VP running mate I'd have two nickels. Which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice."

1 minute ago, Chairslinger said:

I am surprised no one has jumped on the obvious meme yet.

"If I had a nickel for every time a female Democratic nominee for president choose a vanilla old white guy named Tim as her VP running mate I'd have two nickels. Which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice."

At least this Tim doesn't have the charisma of wet cardboard.

• True 1

Lots of GOP talking points about how this choice is antisemitic. So...they wanted Shapiro chosen because he is Jewish? Sounds like they wanted a DEI hire? In reality, of course, they wanted him because he would be easier to attack as Jewish (to their base). Always projecting.

• True 2