Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

1 hour ago, legend said:

I'm down with this campaign, but I feel a little regret. Generally, I think being "weird" is a good thing. But they're not weird. They're creepy and dangerous, if put in power.

Yeah there's a part of me that agrees. "Weird" doesn't quite cover it. To be fair, they are saying both things, and beating hard on the drum that this is a fight to save democracy. But I also think the "weird" thing reaches people in the middle who aren't as plugged into politics, particularly younger ones.

• stepee 1
  • Halal 1

Screenshot_20240730-115436.png?ex=66aa5e

“Number one, she doesn't like Israel. Number two, she doesn't like Jewish people. You know it, I know it. Everybody knows it, and nobody wants to say it… 

“If you’re Jewish, if you vote for a Democrat, you are a fool. An absolute fool.”

Definitely not weird, very normal and not antisemitic! 

• Guillotine 1

aXLpCoF.png

We need a poll thread for betting. I think it's between Walz and Shapiro at this point - Kelly hasn't really been doing anything, I don't think he's auditioning for it. I want Walz, but I think she'll go Shapiro to secure PA, and then hope that alienating Muslim voters in MI won't lose them the state.

• Shocked 1
  • Halal 1

2 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

"Sources" in KY say that Andy Beshear has received some kind of additional security detail. No confirmation if it's SS or anything else. He would be a dark horse pick, that's for sure.

I like Andy Beshear, but I feel like you don't get anything with him you don't get with Walz or Shapiro, and those two have been really hitting the bricks lately and performing well.

• True 1
  • Halal 2

WWW.NYTIMES.COM

The former president, in an interview on Fox News, declined to back away from his comments and repeated his argument that if he’s elected, “the country will be fixed” and their votes won’t be needed.

Laura Ingraham tried to get him to clarify his comment, but instead he doubled-downed on it, and then tried to change the subject.

He might be trying to say that Christians won't feel the need to vote again after he "fixes" the country, but it's just incredibly poorly communicated, and given the context of everything else he's said and done, it's going to be hard for anyone to buy it.

1 hour ago, PaladinSolo said:

General Election Poll 

🔵 Harris 48% (+2)

🔴 Trump 46%

Last poll - 🔴 Trump +5

Mainstreet B+ - 936 LV - 7/28

That's after Trump's RNC bump as well.

I really hope she gets a good DNC bump. Yeah, the bumps level off eventually, but it's much preferable to be higher in polls for reasons so obvious that I will punch anyone here who doesn't understand why.

3 hours ago, legend said:

I'm down with this campaign, but I feel a little regret. Generally, I think being "weird" is a good thing. But they're not weird. They're creepy and dangerous, if put in power.

Yeah, but let's be honest: when you call these people weird, everyone knows what degree of weird we're talking about.

21 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Yeah, but let's be honest: when you call these people weird, everyone knows what degree of weird we're talking about.

Plausibly. But words also change meaning from stuff like this and then equivocation starts happening and people forget the original intention and reason it started carrying a negative connotation. I'm not going to confidently say that will happen, and that's why I'm mostly on board with this messaging, but it does give me pause.

• Halal 1

12 minutes ago, Reputator said:

oh my god :lol:

I wonder if that stuff is focus tested to be aimed right at the nerve centers of women's brains.

My goodness the gender vote is already lopsided, but if they can land that this is your average Male Republican they may never get a female vote again :lol:

• True 1

33 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

I only saw that they banned an alt account with a similar name.

"UPDATE - Our tweets are back (@dudes4harris) but our account remains suspended and according to Twitter our account is “permanently in read-only mode.” We’re asking people to keep donating to @KamalaHarris and to keep sharing our tweets on this and other platforms. Don’t let them silence us: http://whitedudesforharris.com #whitedudesforharris"

GTu8vFNXMAAExSg?format=jpg&name=large

9 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

"UPDATE - Our tweets are back (@dudes4harris) but our account remains suspended and according to Twitter our account is “permanently in read-only mode.” We’re asking people to keep donating to @KamalaHarris and to keep sharing our tweets on this and other platforms. Don’t let them silence us:

WHITEDUDESFORHARRIS.COM

GTu8vFNXMAAExSg?format=jpg&name=large

I thought that was the fake one and dudesforharris was the real one.

4 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

I thought that was the fake one and dudesforharris was the real one.

They're both real. Dudes4Harris was suspended, but you might be onto something:

WWW.YAHOO.COM

The suspension caused a kerfuffle online, but was likely due to dual accounts The post ‘White Dudes for Harris’ X Account Suspended After Raising $4 Million for Kamala Harris appeared first on TheWrap.

Update: As of Tuesday morning, the account has been reinstated and the user behind @whitedudesforharris — a separate account — clarified online that he created the other account to prevent bad actors from taking it. The dual accounts are the likely culprit for why @whitedudes4harris was suspended in the first place, but X has still not responded to TheWrap’s request for comment.

8 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

They're both real. Dudes4Harris was suspended, but you might be onto something:

WWW.YAHOO.COM

The suspension caused a kerfuffle online, but was likely due to dual accounts The post ‘White Dudes for Harris’ X Account Suspended After Raising $4 Million for Kamala Harris appeared first on TheWrap.

yeah it’s not like Musk wouldn’t silence speech he didn’t like or approve of or try to manipulate US politics in any way. 

2 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

I want Walz, but I think she'll go Shapiro to secure PA, and then hope that alienating Muslim voters in MI won't lose them the state.

That's a hell of a risk... my father and his boys were talking about sitting this election out entirely when Biden was the candidate.  Shapiro's support of Israel runs the risk of not just turning off Muslim Voters in Michigan,  but also some of the younger progressives who are weary of her in the first place. I personally think Shapiro is too risky.