Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

So you do it in the most disorganized, manic way possible? We had a whole primary season a couple of months ago... if you were going to do it, you do it then. We'd better be thanking whoeover or whatever people think is pulling the strings that Trump is such a god awful candidate because otherwise the Dems would be getting buried and rightfully so. There's no way anyone can tell me this was the best way to "pass the torch" regardless of the outcome. 

Never said it was the best way to do this. Like I said, many of us never wanted a second term. Sadly Biden changed his mind for a one term presidency at some point and incumbents have more away than they should.

Think of this as a silver lining to a self-induced problem by the Democratic party.

It seems like many MAGA types now believe Biden is dead. I wonder what they will pivot to tomorrow when he returns to the White House. Also growing focus on how she "doesn't" have kids (she has step kids).

In other news, Harris held a zoom meeting called Black Men for Kamala, so far over 20,000 joined to organize.

• Hype 1

JD Vance has to be the most sauceless man on the planet. He makes Liz Truss look like Napoleon addressing his troops. I’m excited for the entirety of America to start hating that man (because believe me, Trump will scapegoat him).

• Haha 1
  • Halal 2

46 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Both Trump and Biden are not alcohol drinkers  Bush Junior didn't drink either.  Maybe the nation just needs a drinker at the helm?

Kamala Harris Dancing GIF by Joe Biden

9 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

I’m excited for the entirety of America to start hating that man (because believe me, Trump will scapegoat him).

MOST DEFINITELY.

BSKY.APP

It’s over: A majority of the pledged DNC delegates have now endorsed Kamala Harris, virtually ensuring she clinches the Democratic nomination on the first ballot. The endorsement of California’s delegation just now put her hundreds of delegates over the threshold needed.

• Thanks 1
  • Hype 1

15 minutes ago, Jason said:
BSKY.APP

It’s over: A majority of the pledged DNC delegates have now endorsed Kamala Harris, virtually ensuring she clinches the Democratic nomination on the first ballot. The endorsement of California’s delegation just now put her hundreds of delegates over the threshold needed.

The Washington Post has her at 1,921 of the 1,976 needed.  So odds are she more officially cinches it tomorrow I'm guessing.

11 minutes ago, TyphoidHater said:

You will drink Starry and you will like it!!!

Honestly, Dr. Pepper is my go-to whenever I do have a soda.

I miss these from right before the pandemic, they had a couple of other good flavors too.

8 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

Harris' campaign twitter has posted a couple videos of Beshear today, wonder if he's top of the shortlist.

Leaks are saying he is not on the short list. It's Shapiro, Kelly, Cooper, Whitmer, and Pritzker. Someone close to Beshear says he has not been contacted for vetting. Honestly I'm good with that. Shapiro or Kelly are the smart picks.

• Halal 1

16 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

trump doesn't even drink

W not drinking didn't stop him from winning the Beer Test Vibes Competition against Kerry.

Trump is barely at this level of coherence most of the time but again, vibes, so it doesn't matter.

2 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Leaks are saying he is not on the short list. It's Shapiro, Kelly, Cooper, Whitmer, and Pritzker. Someone close to Beshear says he has not been contacted for vetting. Honestly I'm good with that. Shapiro or Kelly are the smart picks.

It needs to be Shapiro

On the subject of Biden stepping down, I think he definitely planned to be a one term President, but then saw how fast Republicans immediately went back to kissing Trump’s ring after January 6th and saw the writing on the wall.

The ultimate irony? Kevin McCarthy was the first to kiss the ring which gave the rest of the “normal” Republicans permission to go back to him, and now McCarthy is basically an outcast with the current GOP.

• Halal 2

4 minutes ago, Uaarkson said:

It needs to be Shapiro

Top minds over at reddit are saying since (((Shapiro))) has been so supportive of Israel, that means he may turn off a large contingent of Michigan who are Muslim - Michigan is one of the pivotal states of course.  My money is on Kelly.

• Halal 2

3 hours ago, Best said:

Yes, my last job had mello yello in the soda machine.

Unfortunately I do like Mountain Dew but since it's the drink of choice for chuds I'm no longer drinking it. :p

You let them own the American Flag, then next they own Mountain Dew?

Fuck that, it's time to take a stand!

6 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:
WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

The Tennessee Republican also used the initialism for "diversity, equity and inclusion" in describing the Secret Service director, telling her she's a...

That was quick

"When I hear her talk, I just scratch my head and think this is what DEI is really about. It clearly is. She checks all the boxes. She'll say she's of Indian descent one day, then she'll say she's of Black descent. It's just box-checking."

Soft boiled eggs have nothing on the smoothness of this guy's brain. HOW CAN ONE BE EITHER BUT NOT BOTH AND ALSO HAVE VAGINA, I AM VERY INTELLIGENT. The guy thinks that we have recovered alien UFOs and possibly alien bodies. He's unfit to run a Denny's located within 20 miles of a major interstate.

34 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

Harris' campaign twitter has posted a couple videos of Beshear today, wonder if he's top of the shortlist.

If this is true, then that might not be the case at all:

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Comet said:

If this is true, then that might not be the case at all:

spacer.png

Shapiro seems like the smart choice but Pritzker seems like the :Sherman:choice

Kamala and Very Large Man

The median voter loves their Very Large Man.