Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

Like if you are throwing your vote away in RFK , I get it. Yall both crazy and you want to see what crazy looks like and since you are crazy you think more people think like you than there are.

But throwing your vote for Stein? Who is this person.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, finaljedi said:

Eh, Vance lives in Cincinnati and Cincinnati doesn't support Vance.  He also underperformed other Republicans in statewide elections, in his Senate run.

He lives in Indian hills not cinci lol

2 hours ago, stepee said:

Like if you are throwing your vote away in RFK , I get it. Yall both crazy and you want to see what crazy looks like and since you are crazy you think more people think like you than there are.

spacer.png

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, stepee said:

Tbh I'm surprised your dad isn't RFK-pilled.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

if it isn’t already, your recommended feed is going to be flooded with this kind of stuff. 

My feed is a healthy balance of comicbooks, videogames, recipes, martial arts/fitness and politics. It DID start feeding me some weird Trump shit that I had to retrain the algo to eliminate from my feed though.

Screenshot_20240728-193012.png?ex=66a826

2024 Michigan GE:

Harris 49%

Trump 49%

Trump 45% (+2)

Harris 43%

Kennedy 7%

2024 Pennsylvania GE:

Harris 49%

Trump 49%

Harris 45% (+2)

Trump 43%

Kennedy 7%

2024 Wisconsin GE:

Trump 50% (+1)

Harris 49%

Harris 46%

Trump 46%

Kennedy 5%

Harris is up 6 in Minnesota, so it's not really in play.  They also polled Shapiro and Whitmer across the states vs Trump they do slightly worse outside their states crush him within, shapiro was up 10 in PA, Whitmer 6 in MI. 

• Shocked 3
  • Sicko 1
  • Hype 4

26 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

My feed is a healthy balance of comicbooks, videogames, recipes, martial arts/fitness and politics. It DID start feeding me some weird Trump shit that I had to retrain the algo to eliminate from my feed though.

Within the immediate several day aftermath of the assassination attempt my feed got flooded with pro Donald videos. At first I thought it was only the algorithm trying to default to a pro nazi shit, but then I noticed some non-political videos I had been recommended and watch were on channels with very anti Democrat content too. So I guess it could have been a combination of things trying to get me down the “conservative” rabbit hole of bullshit assuming I might have sympathy and be willing to switch my political views and support. I stopped watching anything from those channels and jt has since gone back to pre assassination attempt programming. 

35 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Screenshot_20240728-193012.png?ex=66a826

2024 Michigan GE:

Harris 49%

Trump 49%

Trump 45% (+2)

Harris 43%

Kennedy 7%

2024 Pennsylvania GE:

Harris 49%

Trump 49%

Harris 45% (+2)

Trump 43%

Kennedy 7%

2024 Wisconsin GE:

Trump 50% (+1)

Harris 49%

Harris 46%

Trump 46%

Kennedy 5%

Harris is up 6 in Minnesota, so it's not really in play.  They also polled Shapiro and Whitmer across the states vs Trump they do slightly worse outside their states crush him within, shapiro was up 10 in PA, Whitmer 6 in MI. 

The Michigan one is the interesting one since Kennedy is actually on the ballot there, unlike in something like 35 states. 

55 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

The Michigan one is the interesting one since Kennedy is actually on the ballot there, unlike in something like 35 states. 

On ResetEra they were posting stuff from Twitter that the Michigan was actually a typo and it should say 47% for Kamala.

Mike Johnson has asked his members to pump the brakes on attacking her on race, probably because shit like that hurts every Republican in a competitive House race.  Those members probably aren't losing their jobs for being racists, because they probably got elected for that kind of thing, but the others being associated with them will have some problems.  They're not going to listen because why would they?

Vance has tried attacking on gender and that's made him about as appealing as a rotten ham covered in hair.

• Halal 1

9 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

Vance has tried attacking on gender and that's made him about as appealing as a rotten ham covered in hair.

He was only as appealing as a fresh ham covered in hair to begin with.

• True 1

6 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

When Vance was announced I laughed out loud. It hard to find a worse pick. Trump already has the crazies locked up, how does he help him in any way?

Vance runs up the score by bringing out the crazy base if they're still campaigning against Sleepy Joe. Also he said he'd have done what Pence refused to on Jan 6.

17 minutes ago, Jason said:

Vance runs up the score by bringing out the crazy base if they're still campaigning against Sleepy Joe. Also he said he'd have done what Pence refused to on Jan 6.

Yeah thats the only thing I can think of. He wants a yes man to do what Pence refused. 

11 hours ago, SuperSpreader said:

Maybe Trump blew his load too early on the Biden is old business since that's all he had

This would be fair if Biden’s team hadn’t been the one who wanted the debate.

Either way, I think it’s a good thing. Trump was going to beat Joe, I think he has very little chance against Harris as long as she doesn’t do her weird giggling and mealy mouthed thing at every opportunity. But from what I’ve seen she’s excellent when she’s speaking off the cuff, it’s when she’s been thoroughly prepared for a specific interview when it gets weird. 

it will be a close election, but I do think Harris will pull it out. I don’t think Biden had a chance at all. 

Bonus for Harris that Trump chose Vance instead of Burghman. Vance is a carbon copy of every slimy small town businessman I’ve ever met. 

1 hour ago, BloodyHell said:

This would be fair if Biden’s team hadn’t been the one who wanted the debate.

Either way, I think it’s a good thing. Trump was going to beat Joe, I think he has very little chance against Harris as long as she doesn’t do her weird giggling and mealy mouthed thing at every opportunity. But from what I’ve seen she’s excellent when she’s speaking off the cuff, it’s when she’s been thoroughly prepared for a specific interview when it gets weird. 

it will be a close election, but I do think Harris will pull it out. I don’t think Biden had a chance at all. 

Bonus for Harris that Trump chose Vance instead of Burghman. Vance is a carbon copy of every slimy small town businessman I’ve ever met. 

@Jason any comment?

3 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

wow what a fool, that fox host set it up and he failed

What's even more striking is that he was contradicted in such a public way by a FOX Host on FOX News. Trey Gowdy was a pretty conservative congressman when he was in office, but I don't think he was a Trump fan. I could be wrong.

• True 1
  • Halal 1