Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

22 minutes ago, stepee said:

Look, I love my wife so much. I love her because she’s who she is,” he told host Megyn Kelly on her show Friday. “Obviously, she’s not a white person, and we’ve been accused, attacked by some white supremacists over that. But I just, I love Usha.”

Posting the full quote here because I kinda like it better since he mentions how she was ACCUSED of being not white 

Yeah the full quote and rest of the article isn't quite as bad as the select part, but it remains a blatant unwillingness to condemn racism. "Mine's one of the good ones" is how it comes across.

• True 2

12 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

It’s also very funny that his gut reaction to describe his wife as a good mom as if she doesn’t hold other value as a person. Just a nice bit of subtle misogyny that’s getting overlooked

I mean if you haven’t carried the bloodline on did you really accomplish anything?

The topline numbers from the Reuters/Ipsos poll above haven't been released yet, but the favorability info has. Basically, Harris and Biden are more popular in the last week, while Trump and Vance have dropped:

ABCNEWS.GO.COM

Vice President Kamala Harris saw a jump in favorability after President Joe Biden announced he was not seeking reelection, according to a new ABC News/Ipsos poll.

Effectively the net swings over the past week:

• Harris: net swing +12
    • Favourable: 43 (+8)
    • Unfavourable: 42 (-4)
  • Biden: net swing +10
    • Favourable: 37 (+5)
    • Unfavourable: 50 (-5)
  • Trump: net swing -6
    • Favourable: 36 (-4)
    • Unfavourable: 52 (+2)
  • Vance: net swing -7
    • Favourable: 24 (+1)
    • Unfavourable: 39 (+8)

So this makes the net static favourability of each person as:

• Harris: +1
  • Biden: -13
  • Trump: -16
  • Vance: -15
  • stepee 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

Are we really saying a 44% favorable rating is a good thing?

I don’t know many Bay Area people who are fans of hers. We’re mostly all; well anyone but Trump so 

I think the big deal is that she's seen a net swing of 12% points in the last 7 days, which is very large movement.

• Halal 1

4 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I think the big deal is that she's seen a net swing of 12% points in the last 7 days, which is very large movement.

I had a very large movement myself this morning but you don’t see me bragging about it 

• Sicko 1
  • Hype 1

5 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

Bay area people are in a bubble tho

So the people who were her constituents’ and where she began her political journey’s opinions are less relevant than those who weren’t?

2 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

In terms of the results of the election, yes.

I mean I’m clearly voting for her but she’s less inspiring than Biden and this is purely a I’d vote for a literal rock before a Republican.

Just now, TUFKAK said:

I mean I’m clearly voting for her but she’s less inspiring than Biden and this is purely a I’d vote for a literal rock before a Republican.

Speak for yourself.

That favorability rating is CLIMBING.

1 minute ago, SuperSpreader said:

NYC and Trump?

Is that where Trump first held political office? I can’t remember.

Point was Harris isn’t widely viewed positively in the area she’s been a politician and basically everyone I know is voting for her because not trump, except for the transplants from other states that is.

I wore Biden shirts back in the primaries, I won’t even buy a Harris sticker.

Honestly that kind of movement just makes me suspicious that the polls are just being totally distorted by partisan non-response bias and we really won’t have a semi-accurate view of public opinion until roughly a few weeks before the election.  I think it definitely shows a surge of enthusiasm from the base, though, which is a good thing. (as does the uptick in voter registrations and individual donations)

10 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

In the same way going from an F grade to a D is technically an improvement sure. 

There isn't a sign it's going to stop there.

Regardless, I'm not really sure how much importance favorability has on the end result of the election.

It’s wild to think that the (hopefully) future President of the United Stares was a two blocks away from my house getting a CHEESESTEAK at Jim’s Steaks back in May.

WWW.INSTAGRAM.COM

4,757 likes, 533 comments - tez_thewriter on May 21, 2024: "God is the Greatest had an opportunity to be blessed by @vp @kamalaharris and @senvincenthughes to stop by...

• Hype 2

28 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

So the people who were her constituents’ and where she began her political journey’s opinions are less relevant than those who weren’t?

Eh, Vance lives in Cincinnati and Cincinnati doesn't support Vance.  He also underperformed other Republicans in statewide elections, in his Senate run.

1 hour ago, MarSolo said:

It’s wild to think that the (hopefully) future President of the United Stares was a two blocks away from my house getting a CHEESESTEAK at Jim’s Steaks back in May.

And you were busy goofing off with Tiffany Trump smh.

1 minute ago, SuperSpreader said:
WWW.INSTAGRAM.COM

2,233 likes, 388 comments - official_lady_bunny on July 28, 2024: "Good news for RuPaul, corporate Democrats and Republicans. They can continue to destroy the planet for their...

Dumb libs

Depends. You run to win, not to govern. Once you win, you can then change your stances or policies. I can't say whether or not this stance is a winning one. If it wins her the midwest but she loses votes in California and NY, then it's a good stance. If she doesn't, then it's a bad stance. 

5 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Depends. You run to win, not to govern. Once you win, you can then change your stances or policies. I can't say whether or not this stance is a winning one. If it wins her the midwest but she loses votes in California and NY, then it's a good stance. If she doesn't, then it's a bad stance. 

The person posting it is a drag queen encouraging voters to go with Jill Stein instead.