Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

Sounds Like healthcare, ‘freedom from gun violence’, and reproductive rights are the dominant campaign themes so far.

Not bad, but truth be told I’d prefer they not push too hard on the 2A stuff right now.  Stress the other two themes, maybe tie the first one to fighting the fentanyl epidemic, talk about the administration’s solid record, and hammer Trump.  That’ll sell in the swing states.  2A legislation is a less winning issue there, regardless of your opinions on it, and can be addressed at a later date when you’re not trying to save the country from an orange lunatic.  ‘Freedom from gun violence’ is a smarter framing than ‘gun control’, though, kudos to the campaign messagers there.

• Halal 1

JD Vance everyone: 

"I hate the police. Given the number of negative experiences I've had in the past few years, I can't imagine what a black guy goes through," Vance allegedly said in an email to Nelson, according to the New York Times.

"The more white people feel like voting for Trump, the more black people will suffer. I really believe that," Vance wrote in an excerpt from an email to Nelson seen by the Times.

As the election inched closer an excerpt from an email sent in October 4, 2016, revealed the potential vice president's thoughts on Trump.

"He's just a bad man. A morally reprehensible human being," Vance wrote.

• Sicko 1

33 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

None of that matters.  Trump really loves people who hated him who come back to kiss the ring.

fo8iuffxeag-kij-1648482613.jpeg?crop=0.7 mitt%20romney%20donald%20trump%20dinner.

Alright give Romney some slack. He moved AWAY from Trump and stuck to his guns.

Hate his policies, sure, but credit when credit is due.

9 minutes ago, Reputator said:

Alright give Romney some slack. He moved AWAY from Trump and stuck to his guns.

Hate his policies, sure, but credit when credit is due.

Yeah, Romney was one of the only ones who got their balls back later on.

But still, Trump loves the one that come crawling back.  Romney was about the only one that didn't keep kissing ass after Trump did nothing for him.

3 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

Yeah, Romney was one of the only ones who got their balls back later on.

But still, Trump loves the one that come crawling back.  Romney was about the only one that didn't keep kissing ass after Trump did nothing for him.

Romney's turning point seems to have been January 6. Same with Pence. They're both hardline conservatives with horrid opinions on things, but they were among the few that actually had a line that they couldn't accept being crossed. And honestly at this point I miss Republicans that at least stood for SOMETHING.

7 minutes ago, Reputator said:

Romney's turning point seems to have been January 6. Same with Pence. They're both hardline conservatives with horrid opinions on things, but they were among the few that actually had a line that they couldn't accept being crossed. And honestly at this point I miss Republicans that at least stood for SOMETHING.

Romney actually got there a little before Jan 6, being the only Republican to vote guilty in his first impeachment.

• True 1

Just now, finaljedi said:

Romney actually got there a little before Jan 6, being the only Republican to vote guilty in his first impeachment.

Oh I thought that was the second one he did that. Well there you go.

7 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Explain.

We live in a world where the facts don't matter. Reality is a manifestation of perception, and history is written by the Reddit posts with the most upvotes.

• Sicko Sherman 1

3 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

WATCH THIS.

Vance talking about overthrowing institutions sounds like Handmaids Tale shit.

Fiancée and I just finished season 1. That the show seems like a warning and not fantastical is sad.

• Halal 1

11 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I do hope the few months are not all about it can’t be Donald. I hope we get a healthy dose of why it should be Kamala. A criticism I would have for that ad is it kinda treats Donald as the incumbent. 

I don't know, is that even an ad?

And she did release an actual ad (that was posted) that was a healthy dose of why it should be Kamala

It’s insane how bad JD is at this:

THEHILL.COM

Vice presidential hopeful Sen. JD Vance (R-Ohio) acknowledged the white supremacist attacks against his wife, Usha Vance, who is a child of Indian immigrants. “Look, I love my...

“Obviously she’s not a white person…but I love Usha, she’s such a good mom.” 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

THEHILL.COM

Vice presidential hopeful Sen. JD Vance (R-Ohio) acknowledged the white supremacist attacks against his wife, Usha Vance, who is a child of Indian immigrants. “Look, I love my...

Wtf?! EDIT: I read the full quote and it's not as bad as what's quoted here, but not much better. 

2 hours ago, MarSolo said:

THEHILL.COM

"Look, it doesn't matter if you are black or right....I mean wrong or white! I mean, can I start over?"

APNEWS.COM

Vice President Kamala Harris’ campaign has raised $200 million since she emerged as the likely Democratic presidential nominee last week.

66% of donations from first timer Donors of this cycle. 

"Harris campaigned in Pittsfield, Massachusetts, on Saturday, drawing hundreds to a fundraiser that had been organized when Biden was still at the top of the Democratic ticket. The fundraiser had originally been expected to raise $400,000 but ended bringing in about $1.4 million, according to the campaign."

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Wtf?! EDIT: I read the full quote and it's not as bad as what's quoted here, but not much better. 

Look, I love my wife so much. I love her because she’s who she is,” he told host Megyn Kelly on her show Friday. “Obviously, she’s not a white person, and we’ve been accused, attacked by some white supremacists over that. But I just, I love Usha.”

Posting the full quote here because I kinda like it better since he mentions how she was ACCUSED of being not white 

• Haha 3

ABCNEWS.GO.COM

Vice President Kamala Harris saw a jump in favorability after President Joe Biden announced he was not seeking reelection, according to a new ABC News/Ipsos poll.

Trump got shot and had his convention and became less liked, lol. 

"The vice president's favorability rating has jumped to 43%, with an unfavorability rating of 42%, according to the ABC News/Ipsos poll conducted using Ipsos' KnowledgePanel. In an ABC News/Ipsos poll released a week ago, Harris’ favorability rating was 35%, while 46% viewed her unfavorability.

Forty-four percent of independents have a favorable view of Harris, up from only 28% a week ago. Her unfavorability rating among independents is now 40%, which is a slight drop from 47% last week

Trump's favorability rating dropped slightly from 40%, measured in the week following the attempted assassination and the Republican National Convention, to 36% in the most recent poll."

• Hugs 1

4 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Look these people might want to deport my wife, but I love her and I need their votes ok. 

I like how the article mentions how he is more upset by liberals who criticize his past remarks on family values…ok…