Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

5 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Nah, the one that should have nailed him was when he claimed he had no need to seek forgiveness from God for anything because he (Trump) never makes mistakes. That or when in the same interview he said he didn't like to bring God into his personal life. 

I had these discussions with many Christians back in 2016. They just purposely blinded themselves.

These are the same people who think drag queens are predators when ignoring COUNTLESS EXAMPLES of the Catholic Church turning a blind eye to their priests molesting kids. 

• True 1
  • Halal 1

Harris campaign has announced they are going to do a massive on-the-ground campaign in Florida to contest every single seat and position. Apparently internals show Trump only ahead by 3 points, and with marijuana and abortion on the ballet, the Democrats think they stand a chance.

While obviously they need to avoid Clinton's mistake of taking the Midwest for granted, having a 50-state strategy is important to eking out victories in a few house seats here and there. If you've got the cash and the volunteers, then go after everything.

• Halal 3
  • Hype 3

Holy shit! I know most of you on here have been very kind and supportive of my transition from the conservative side to the democratic side. Only one person gave me issues about it on here and it's stepee. He constantly mocked my posts on here in the political section and then decided to block me after he plastered my legal issue on the website with the help of our darling Andrea. Yes, he blocked me for something he did to me lol.

Besides that person, everyone here has been really supportive and informative. This transition has litteraly only come about a few short months ago. I got my drivers license renewed and changed my political voting registration to democrat.

With saying that, I had the biggest blow up in quite some time this morning driving with my parents. As you know they are poisoned by Fox news and think Trump is litteraly Jesus on earth. 

Having been living with them for a period of time now and being brainwashed in grade school and even high school, I've slowly climbed out of the hell that the right preaches.

I flat out told my mother that if you are a Christian and stand for Christian values how in the hell are you supporting a piece of trash like Trump? I said he has cheated on his wives, raped them, and has raped children. 

She looked at me like she saw a ghost and I said, yes, that's Donald Trump. She started screaming at me that she wants him in office again to lower gas prices and to lower the economy's inflation. She wants Trump because then we wouldn't see wars throughout the world etc.

I said Biden has been the most progressive president we have ever had and did some really amazing stuff in his presidency. Inflation is a world issue not just a USA issue and no president will magically make it go away. 

I said now that Kamela is running, and yes my mom said she is a whore, I said she will be adopting Biden's policies and we must support her more than ever now. 

I said Trump's project 2025 is so risky, and could endanger democratic institutions, dismantle civil liberties, and concentrate presidential power. It's very dangerous.

She is completely oblivious to most of this stuff but my dad had his finger at my chin threatening to kick me out of the house lol. 

So I come here to thank every single one of you that has been kind and supportive of me. I actually learn so much from this section of the board every day and I understand that each of you are amazing people and a lot of you with amazing lives and families. 

I'll continue to stand up for myself and never let anyone take me down for my beliefs. Be it stepee or anyone else here.

Sorry for the rant but I'm emotional right now. I'm not sure what will happen with my living situation after this morning. 

• stepee 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Halal 2
  • Hugs 14
  • Hype 1

The gas prices thing with Republicans is weird I had someone yesterday tell me gas prices went up cause they needed to pay down the national debt, I just calmly told them gas taxes are a set rate of 18 cents a gallon and not a percentage and we haven't increased the federal gas tax since the 90s.  

23 minutes ago, Best said:

Holy shit! I know most of you on here have been very kind and supportive of my transition from the conservative side to the democratic side. Only one person gave me issues about it on here and it's stepee. He constantly mocked my posts on here in the political section and then decided to block me after he plastered my legal issue on the website with the help of our darling Andrea. Yes, he blocked me for something he did to me lol.

Besides that person, everyone here has been really supportive and informative. This transition has litteraly only come about a few short months ago. I got my drivers license renewed and changed my political voting registration to democrat.

With saying that, I had the biggest blow up in quite some time this morning driving with my parents. As you know they are poisoned by Fox news and think Trump is litteraly Jesus on earth. 

Having been living with them for a period of time now and being brainwashed in grade school and even high school, I've slowly climbed out of the hell that the right preaches.

I flat out told my mother that if you are a Christian and stand for Christian values how in the hell are you supporting a piece of trash like Trump? I said he has cheated on his wives, raped them, and has raped children. 

She looked at me like she saw a ghost and I said, yes, that's Donald Trump. She started screaming at me that she wants him in office again to lower gas prices and to lower the economy's inflation. She wants Trump because then we wouldn't see wars throughout the world etc.

I said Biden has been the most progressive president we have ever had and did some really amazing stuff in his presidency. Inflation is a world issue not just a USA issue and no president will magically make it go away. 

I said now that Kamela is running, and yes my mom said she is a whore, I said she will be adopting Biden's policies and we must support her more than ever now. 

I said Trump's project 2025 is so risky, and could endanger democratic institutions, dismantle civil liberties, and concentrate presidential power. It's very dangerous.

She is completely oblivious to most of this stuff but my dad had his finger at my chin threatening to kick me out of the house lol. 

So I come here to thank every single one of you that has been kind and supportive of me. I actually learn so much from this section of the board every day and I understand that each of you are amazing people and a lot of you with amazing lives and families. 

I'll continue to stand up for myself and never let anyone take me down for my beliefs. Be it stepee or anyone else here.

Sorry for the rant but I'm emotional right now. I'm not sure what will happen with my living situation after this morning. 

Barack Obama Applause GIF by ObamaLin Manuel Miranda Love GIF by Tony AwardsMorgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy AwardsJennifer Lopez Applause GIF by NBC World Of DanceSimon Cowell Wow GIF by America's Got TalentComedy Central Lol GIF

Good for you man. Hope it works out for you with with the fam.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Best said:

there are so many that are not open to thinking any other way. No amount of facts you can present, evidence, attempts at logic, pointing out hypocrisy, or appeals to their humanity will work. For the biggest reason being they don’t want to change their mind. The alternative is that Republics should lose. And they can’t lose, less the evil, inhuman democrats will win. 

You have an equal chance at convincing a deeply devout religious person their god isn’t real and their faith is wrong. It probably doesn’t help that for so many their politics and faith are so intrinsically bound to each other. But in a perverse “angles vs demons” way, where any Republican is holier, more righteous, and a better person than even the best Democrat/liberal. They can no more be politically agnostic than they can be religiously agnostic.  

much of my extended family is like that. It’s a major reason I was glad to leave Facebook a decade ago. 

• Halal 3

42 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Harris campaign has announced they are going to do a massive on-the-ground campaign in Florida to contest every single seat and position. Apparently internals show Trump only ahead by 3 points, and with marijuana and abortion on the ballet, the Democrats think they stand a chance.

While obviously they need to avoid Clinton's mistake of taking the Midwest for granted, having a 50-state strategy is important to eking out victories in a few house seats here and there. If you've got the cash and the volunteers, then go after everything.

Morgan Freeman Good Luck GIF

Honestly, like I know they raised a shitload of money, but Harris is only one person and we only have three months til the big day. I don't know that this election is the one to go after the pie-in-the-sky red states.

20 hours ago, Massdriver said:

How is Harris's fundraising going today and yesterday now that some of the hype has died down?

From Sunday 7/21 till saturday 7/27 at 12:15PM EST Act blue has raised 242 million dollars, more than any week during the entire 2020 election.  After the first 2 huge days, it looked 39,26, 21, 16, and so far saturday 4.3 million.  All of those except the 16 million were higher than anything before Biden dropped out and the only days that beat it were right after the debate.  So its still pretty high.

• Shocked 1

11 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

From Sunday 7/21 till saturday 7/27 at 12:15PM EST Act blue has raised 242 million dollars, more than any week during the entire 2020 election.  After the first 2 huge days, it looked 39,26, 21, 16, and so far saturday 4.3 million.  All of those except the 16 million were higher than anything before Biden dropped out and the only days that beat it were right after the debate.  So its still pretty high.

Yeah, I'm jumping on this train and putting my money where my mouth is. I haven't donated to a presidential campaign in years (often simply unable to) but I changed that just now.

3 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Cooper is out of the running, apparently, and Walz is in!

cFxO7L8.png

Link: 

WWW.BLOOMBERG.COM

Walz had some good press moments that probably shot him near the top of the list.  Shapiro comes with a swing state and some decent charisma, but has a disadvantage that’s a little rough to admit out loud.  Kelly has a resume that’s a little hard to beat and I saw a clip of a senate race debate that made me think he might have some good fireworks in the debate with the cushion pushin guy.

1 hour ago, Best said:

Much love my friend, fuck Fox News for ruining countless family relationships in this nation. 

• True 3

9 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

Walz had some good press moments that probably shot him near the top of the list.  Shapiro comes with a swing state and some decent charisma, but has a disadvantage that’s a little rough to admit out loud.  Kelly has a resume that’s a little hard to beat and I saw a clip of a senate race debate that made me think he might have some good fireworks in the debate with the cushion pushin guy.

I'm still behind Kelly, but Walz brings the real-talk of a midwesterner that could appeal to many in the region, even if Minnesota itself is probably already safe. Shapiro would probably have the biggest impact in clinching PA, which is the most-important swing state, but he also would make it harder to keep Michigan due to his outspoken positions on the anti-Israel college protestors.

12 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

Shapiro comes with a swing state and some decent charisma, but has a disadvantage that’s a little rough to admit out loud.

It’s okay you can say it. Eyeglasses are a problem. You could say that his eyes are bejeweled. 

• Shocked 1
  • Haha 2
  • Halal 1

5 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I'm still behind Kelly, but Walz brings the real-talk of a midwesterner that could appeal to many in the region, even if Minnesota itself is probably already safe. Shapiro would probably have the biggest impact in clinching PA, which is the most-important swing state, but he also would make it harder to keep Michigan due to his outspoken positions on the anti-Israel college protestors.

If us Midwesterners need anything it’s some real talk. We don’t wanna hear it from you coastal elites, that’s for dang sure. 

All joking aside, I feel like I have a pretty decent read on the wants and needs of the Midwest. The Dems have the cities, have no hope with the rural folk, but need need need to convince (white, especially) suburban voters that their stake is important, too. 

55 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

It’s okay you can say it. Eyeglasses are a problem. You could say that his eyes are bejeweled. 

Dead serious, Trump calling Shapiro “Four Eyes Shapiro” at one of his rallies would be the funniest thing ever.

15 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I do hope the few months are not all about it can’t be Donald. I hope we get a healthy dose of why it should be Kamala. A criticism I would have for that ad is it kinda treats Donald as the incumbent

I mean, it kinda is that way. He may not be in the WH currently, but this is his reelection campaign, and Dems are the current underdogs in the race.

• Halal 2

11 minutes ago, Reputator said:

I mean, it kinda is that way. He may not be in the WH currently, but this is his reelection campaign, and Dems are the current underdogs in the race.

True, but she’s not just any challenger. They can run off what this administration and her have done. Not just run against what Donald did. 

Why bother?  At this point I feel like everyone’s mind is essentially made up and all anyone is trying to do is influence turnout as opposed to change opinions.  It’s why they leaned so hard on Biden being old and confused, they weren’t trying to sway anyone into voting Trump, they were trying to keep Biden voters home.

• Halal 1

29 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

Why bother?  At this point I feel like everyone’s mind is essentially made up

Anyone who says this is living in a bubble.

People unsure who to vote for exist. And they exist in large enough numbers to sway an election. 

• Thanks 1
  • Halal 1