Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

27 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

IMG-9258.jpg

Truly interesting as fuck

I definitely thought the "2008 is the first election with no Bush/Clinton since 1976" was interesting as hell since two different Clintons and Bushes took turns on the ballots going back decades (Bush from 1980-1992 and 2000-2004, and Clinton from 1992-1996 and 2016). I feel this post stretches things with Biden, especially since he's been on the ballot as many times as Trump, who's showing up for the third election in a row.

• Halal 1

7 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I definitely thought the "2020 is the first election with no Bush/Clinton since 1976" was interesting as hell since two different Clintons and Bushes took turns on the ballots going back decades (Bush from 1980-1992 and 2000-2004, and Clinton from 1992-1996 and 2016). I feel this post stretches things with Biden, especially since he's been on the ballot as many times as Trump, who's showing up for the third election in a row.

Well Biden was also on it in 2008 and 2012, just not at the top, also no bushes or Clinton's those years. 

15 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

It's Democratic because, granted most people don't think about it this way too much, her name was on the ticket!

There is a reason they call it the Biden/Harris ticket or the Trump/Vance ticket!

I think people mostly think of it as voting for president, but when you vote you are voting for both. You would think that would be especially apparent in this year's election where it was an 81 year old vs. a 78 year old for most of it.

People voted for Kamala as VP, and she could have been president in the snap of a finger if something had happened to Joe the past 4 years.

This argument only really makes sense if the Dems had went with an open convention and went with a total rando.

That was my thought as well. People did technically vote for her in the primary.

• True 1
  • Halal 1

2 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Well Biden was also on it in 2008 and 2012, just not at the top, also no bushes or Clinton's those years. 

That's what I mean. Biden was on it but I feel it'd make more sense if Hunter Biden had also been on the ballot at some point since Clinton/Bush being on the ballot was fascinating since there were two different ones trading for two decades (meant to say 08, not 2020). The VP running after serving happens a lot. Nixon was on the ballot 5 times, for example.

1 hour ago, PaladinSolo said:

I forgot abortion was on the ballot in Florida. 

Do you support the 6-week abortion ban - Miami FL.

Oppose 66% Support 22%

Suffolk - 500 A

As long as it is only the first six weeks I support it. Unrestricted abortions after that in Florida. 

Oh, and just as an aside, let's keep in mind that the GOP has permeantly lost the right to ever criticize any Democrat ever for "not being qualified".

I know that is not one of the biggest things they have thrown at her, but it is out there. And it needs to be summarily laughed out of the building when it is brought up.

Even setting aside her accomplishments, the party that nominated a fucking gameshow host 3 times never again gets to question the qualifications of a Democrat. Period. End of story.

Also, I know that smart politicians in a political setting would likely say something like, "No, you want to take those opportunities to articulate the qualifications that Kamala has...." and I get that and I agree.

But in certain contexts....I think you just get to laugh at them. If your uncle Frank decides to start an argument about it, I think you get to just laugh in his face and remind him he voted for the Pussy Grabber.

2 hours ago, Spork3245 said:
WWW.THEGODPODCAST.COM

NEW HAVEN, CT - In a surprising turn of events, JD Vance’s college couch has broken its long silence to share its side of the story about its relationship with the now-prominent political figure.

spacer.png

“Read my lips, ‘I did not have sexual relations with that couch; a sectional sofa’”

The real concern is was it a male or female couch as god intended???

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, outsida said:

spacer.png

“Read my lips, ‘I did not have sexual relations with that couch; a sectional sofa’”

Imagine someone put a urine stained couch on Craigslist. Trump and Vance be like....

"To the Fatmobile!"

5d6122a5-7bc0-4c5f-b98c-2a629784638e_tex

35 minutes ago, outsida said:

spacer.png

He took “Love Seat” literally it seems. He probably whispers to it while as he undoes his pants, that he’s also a Couch but with a “huge” Pullout Bed. Although I haven’t heard of a Republican with a good pullout game 

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Reputator said:

How did the whole couch thing even get started?

A funny tweet someone did that went viral

Screenshot-2024-07-25-at-4.17.06%E2%80%A

But to make it more interesting the AP has pulled their fact check off the Internet on it.

The issue is that while it isn't true that JD Vance wrote in a book that he fucked a couch, you can't say for certain that JD Vance never fucked a couch.

• Thanks 1
  • True 1

2 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

A funny tweet someone did that went viral

Screenshot-2024-07-25-at-4.17.06%E2%80%A

But to make it more interesting the AP has pulled their fact check off the Internet on it.

The issue is that while it isn't true that JD Vance wrote in a book that he fucked a couch, you can't say for certain that JD Vance never fucked a couch.

All of these fact checks are great for the Trump campaign. They are proving that J.D. Vance definately very well may not have fucked a couch.

1 minute ago, CitizenVectron said:

GTX75QeW0AAawwG?format=jpg&name=large

So...if Obama endorses her (which it looks like he is preparing to do) then the debate is back on?

Also she has more than enough pledged delegates to be the nominee, and there is no serious challenger. Hes just a pussy ass bitch

4 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

Who knows if it will translate to votes, but she's good at this.

It's so fucking overdue for elected Dems to figure out you don't fight MAGA by just putting your head down and insisting on focusing on kitchen table economic policy.

• True 1
  • Halal 4

2 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

GTX75QeW0AAawwG?format=jpg&name=large

So...if Obama endorses her (which it looks like he is preparing to do) then the debate is back on?

Steven Cheung needs to define "marxist" before I admit he's a real campaign communications director.

Well Trump ain't going to stop the bleeding with that debate news.

Part of Joe's big sin was pissing off the media because he was too boring and now the shoe is on the other foot. He's going to get some harsh headlines from those outlets that want the debate spectacle.

• Halal 1

While I am pleased by the Social Media sharpness shown by Harris these past couple of weeks.. I sure hope there are top people coaching and reviewing both her speeches and debate capabilities… Trump can be unhinged and mouthy, but she has to nail every response.. she can be fiery, she need not walk on eggshells but she cant get flustered into a shouting argument either..

Israel, Economy, Abortion etc etc.. she better have her vision ready to respond and articulate since she wont be allowed to word vomit nothingness like the annoying orange