Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

32 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

GTStE2EaEAAZASc?format=jpg&name=medium

For all the shade that has been thrown at Biden, and all the hopium smoked about how Trump being 78 is nothing like Biden being 81, I look forward to a time in the future when I can laugh at right-wingers when Trump still dies 10 years before Joe.

• True 1

25 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

Okay, I seriously don’t understand the Hannibal thing.

Is he trying to connect it to immigrants and implying they’re all cannibals or something?

sorry for X but this girl might be onto something about that

• stepee 2
  • Haha 4
  • True 1

i don’t even think Kamala is weird. to me, the weird clips people are posting make me think she is more of a regular person and doesn’t put that robotic facade on as much as other politicians. the whole thing sounds super sexist and maybe a bit racist to me. 

• True 1
  • Halal 2

27 minutes ago, silentbob said:

This is an interesting point, and judging by the context of what he was saying when he originally said this(if memory serves) she may be right.

That said, I have seen him do this about 4 or 5 times now and I think at this point it's one of those things Trump is just stubbornly doing because he gets a kick out of doing outrageous shit that people call a gaff.

He knows his dumbass followers will eat it up and it's like a "fuck you" to his critics and a litmus test for his followers.

Remember when he sent Spicer out to insist his crowd was the biggest ever? Or, even more famously, when he bragged that he could shoot someone on 5th avenue? 

Trump just gets a thrill knowing he can do whatever he wants with no consequences. 

• Halal 1

39 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

Remember when he sent Spicer out to insist his crowd was the biggest ever? Or, even more famously, when he bragged that he could shoot someone on 5th avenue? 

Holy shit you mentioned this and I felt like that happened 1,000 years ago. What a blast from the past, man have things on the Republican side gotten even worse since then. Spicer must be happy wherever he is to have escaped the continued shit show.

1 hour ago, silentbob said:

This makes sense except for the part where TFG praises Hannibal Lecter. If he's so great why would you compare a great guy to immigrants you don't want in the country? 🤔

7 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

This makes sense except for the part where TFG praises Hannibal Lecter. If he's so great why would you compare a great guy to immigrants you don't want in the country? 🤔

I think it’s because he thinks he ate the other asylum seekers

• Shocked 1

33 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Holy shit you mentioned this and I felt like that happened 1,000 years ago. What a blast from the past, man have things on the Republican side gotten even worse since then. Spicer must be happy wherever he is to have escaped the continued shit show.

Remember when the Republican Party was going to control and mold President Trump?

:lol:

Wasn't it his first state of the union where it was declared "Donald Trump just became the president tonight"?

Remember when it was revealed that Jeff Sessions of all people was the "good guy" because he responded to the firing of Comey by appointing Mueller?

I don't know if you can really say Trump is worse now because he's always been awful(and in some ways, especially before Kamala took over, he had seemingly been hiding his crazy a bit better than '16 or '20) but there are three things that make another Trump term potentially even worse....

1. Trump understands the levels of power better now. He is going to be restrained less, he is going to hit the ground running, and he's going to get much more done than he did in his first term.

2. Who even knows what the effect of being term limited will be on Trump. He could go fucking nuts without ever having to face voters again(and a near blank check from SCOTUS) or he may go crazy because he truly is going to go true full Facist and attempt a 3rd term(and if that's the case who even knows how much of an actual election he will allow to determine it).

3. You know what is scary? There is not an elected Republican official left in the party that would show a fraction of the integrity of Jeff Sessions, Mike Pence, or Brian Kemp(and believe me, I am not saying that as a compliment to those ghouls but just as a commentary to the extent the party has fallen).

It was bad before 2020, but it got even worse after Jan 6th. The last bit of resistance in the party tried to struggle after that, but Trump tightened his jaws and basically half the party accepted that any defiance at all would destroy them and the other half gladly accepted the intoxication of being in a party with nearly zero consequences(as long as you don't cross dear leader).

If anything, we are all vastly, vastly underestimating just how bad a second Trump term is going to be. Between SCOTUS and his own party there are substantially less checks on his power and it is hard to overstate how power mad the party and Trump are going to be if, after everything they've done the past decade, the American people actually reelect this fuckbag.

I mean, I have to admit that I myself have had the thought more than  once....if he actually wins, after everything that has happened, we kind of deserve what we get, don't we?

Especially since, if we lose, it will not be because Trump grew his appeal which every damn poll STILL tends to show that damn 46% of his. It will be because Dems didn't show up.

• Halal 1

Looks like chuds have spent a lot of time and thought on anti-Kamala shirts and phrasing… “let’s go Brenda” shirts have allegedly been spotted in the wild. Truly geniuses.

WWW.NJ.COM

"Let’s Go Brenda” T-shirts are beginning to be sold at some Trump-affiliated stores along the Jersey Shore.

• Confused 2

SWING STATE POLLS with 

@thehill

Harris v. Trump 

Arizona: Trump 49%, Harris 44%

Georgia: Trump 48%, Harris 46%

Michigan: Trump 46%, Harris 45%

Pennsylvania: Trump 48%, Harris 46%

Wisconsin: Trump 47%, Harris 47%

On average this is an improvement for Harris of about 3 points over Biden in their last. Her favorability ratings are again greatly improves over Biden as well. 

17219067527178557430476833172013.png?ex=

• Halal 1

44 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

SWING STATE POLLS with 

@thehill

Harris v. Trump 

On average this is an improvement for Harris of about 3 points over Biden in their last. Her favorability ratings are again greatly improves over Biden as well. 

Polls are going to be useless for a few weeks.

That being said, my hunch is that they’re going to be closer than the Dems hope by October, and they better be psychologically prepared for it this time.  Harris needs to hit the trail and hammer WI/MI/PA like her life depends on it, too.

1 hour ago, PaladinSolo said:

SWING STATE POLLS with 

@thehill

Harris v. Trump 

This political/electoral environment is absolutely ripe for a "centrist" third-party candidate to sweep in.

15 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

This political/electoral environment is absolutely ripe for a "centrist" third-party candidate to sweep in.

Fortunately no such candidate seems to exist yet, and it's too late for anyone to get on the ballot.  RFK Jr. might have been able to do it if he had actually gotten on the ballots in all fifty states and wasn't, well...nuts.