Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

13 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

It’s amazing to me how every fucking cycle the left doesn’t realize that the Democratic Party is a coalition of varied interests and none of us get everything we want but when we don’t rally around a candidate we all get something hate. Tired of this never ending cycle. And it’s not just because of young voters. Plenty of Gen X and even Boomers failing this basic check. 

im really pissed about israel/gaza but i know everything would be much worse under Trump/Republicans. some of the people i talk to like that just don’t see reason.

the worst one was when I went door to door for a city council candidate and a guy (certainly on the right) on his driveway said “i only want to know one thing: does this guy support abortion?” it was for city council so i didn’t even know for sure what to say lmao. 

• Hugs 1

14 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

I think the funniest thing about the musk donation pledge is that it was obvious he was never going to do it and Trump fell for it and even publically praised musk for it at a rally lol. 

grifting the grifting the grifting the grifting the grifting the

2024 Georgia GE, Among Independents:

Harris 48% (+12)
Trump 36%
Harris 41% (+9)
Trump 32%
Kennedy 9%
West 2%
Stein 2%
Oliver 0%

Landmark Communications, LV, 7/22

This is the best news yet. I hope we get more battleground polls soon. 

• Halal 1
  • Sicko Sherman 1

19 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Whoever thought that this shit was a cute/funny idea should be summarily executed.

Speaking as someone who thought Biden had no business running for a second term, this is some bullshit.

Hide contents

IMG_20240723_194934_167.jpg

Is there something deeper here I'm missing or is this just... that stupid?

25 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Whoever thought that this shit was a cute/funny idea should be summarily executed.

Speaking as someone who thought Biden had no business running for a second term, this is some bullshit.

Reveal hidden contents

I like it!

Just now, thewhyteboar said:

Major was right about the Secret Service. He knew something was up. Let Major run it. 

There will probably be a lot more pissing on stuff, which honestly might be great for them as a way to establish dominance.

19 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

Sorry Trump. You gotta carry this loser to term. 

Between Vance and Biden stepping down I think Trump is doomed. I've said to my friends I think Vance turns even more people away from Trump. I don't think he does anything for Trump like Pence did appealing to the evangelical base. 

• Halal 1
  • Hugs 1

7 minutes ago, DPCyric said:

Between Vance and Biden stepping down I think Trump is doomed. I've said to my friends I think Vance turns even more people away from Trump. I don't think he does anything for Trump like Pence did appealing to the evangelical base. 

Vance shows the limits of right-wing media. He's the guy that online weirdos with handles like "Groyper88SS" love, but is deeply repellant to normal human beings. 

• stepee 1
  • Thanks 1
  • True 2
  • Halal 1

10 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

Vance shows the limits of right-wing media. He's the guy that online weirdos with handles like "Groyper88SS" love, but is deeply repellant to normal human beings. 

I really hope that at some point in his life a woman has said to him, “JD Vance? More like, not a chance!” 

It’s the little things.

• Sicko 1
  • Hype 2

5 hours ago, PaladinSolo said:

NPR/PBS/Marist poll entirely post dropout  

Donald Trump 46%

Kamala Harris 45%

Donald Trump 42%

Kamala Harris 42%

Kennedy 7%

2024 National GE, Among Definitely Voters:

Harris 47% Trump 47% .

Harris 45% (+2) Trump 43% Kennedy 7% West 1% Stein 0% Oliver 0%

Which West? Cornell or Kanye? Fuck both of them by the way

People have mentioned they are surprised how flat-footed this has caught the GOP.

It makes me wonder if this is the type of thing that McConnell would have warned them against if....

1. Trump didn't absolutely despise him.

2. McConnell wasn't a decaying corpse in a suit at this point.

He knows Biden pretty well in a personal way that would give him the kind of insight that other power hungry Republicans just couldn't grasp. Gotta think at a different time and place he could have handled this better for them.

• Halal 2

39 minutes ago, Jason said:
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

George Lang’s remark came while introducing JD Vance at event at Trump running mate’s former Ohio high school

Is that George Lang or Plastic Man trying to become George Lang while he's having a stroke, Jesus Christ.

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, shall we?

Yeah...  Those polls aren't great, but the non-incumbent VP candidate in 1980 was George HW Bush and that election lead to a 3 term run of GOP in the White House and spawned his son who had an 8 year run 8 years after papa left.

9 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Clip from the rally. This is 100% going to be one of her main talking points/rally moments:

She has improved considerably since 2020.

She seems the same to me. It's like all you guys worked yourself into a shoot thinking she wasn't likeable, from California, or a bad speaker and this and that. But she acts exactly the same. I mean there was a reason she beat Loretta Sanchez in 2016 right? She beat Chris Kelly, Rocky Delgadillo, and Steve Cooley in 2010 right?

People will vote for her. She is likable.

13 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

She seems the same to me. It's like all you guys worked yourself into a shoot thinking she wasn't likeable, from California, or a bad speaker and this and that. But she acts exactly the same. I mean there was a reason she beat Loretta Sanchez in 2016 right? She beat Chris Kelly, Rocky Delgadillo, and Steve Cooley in 2010 right?

People will vote for her. She is likable.

Agreed. I bought into the not likable stuff simply because I heard it so much. But of the standard Dems in the 2020 primary (not Bernie or Warren) she was actually my favorite. 

• Hugs 1