Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

1 minute ago, ort said:

I'm kind of surprised the right wing talking heads didn't have a more coherent and prepared response to this. They really are flailing around completely lost in the dark with how to properly message this.

I read an article on I think Politico that claimed Trump's team had a document outlining what to do when Biden leaves the race........in MAY. So yeah, how they appear so off kilter is remarkable.

3 minutes ago, Reputator said:

I read an article on I think Politico that claimed Trump's team had a document outlining what to do when Biden leaves the race........in MAY. So yeah, how they appear so off kilter is remarkable.

It might have been a "dems in disarray" type strategy hoping replacing him on the ticket would be contentious.  Not immediately circling the wagons around Harris with an incredible day of grassroots fundraising.

• Halal 1

8 minutes ago, ort said:

I'm kind of surprised the right wing talking heads didn't have a more coherent and prepared response to this. They really are flailing around completely lost in the dark with how to properly message this.

Shows you how little they have to offer in reality. I'm not surpised at all.

• True 1
  • Halal 1

Part of me gets kind of bummed out that we've reached a societal point where we don't give a shit when someone tries to kill a presidential candidate.  But then the other part of me is a member of that society that thinks "It was Trump, don't care".

• Halal 3

22 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I can't even wrap my head around this campaign. She has only been the presumptive nominee for 12 hours. Only the assumed nominee for 48 hours. A little over a week ago the opponent was nearly killed. The Lenin quote is too real.

Maybe these long 3 year campaigns are too much.

• stepee 1
  • Halal 2

2 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

Part of me gets kind of bummed out that we've reached a societal point where we don't give a shit when someone tries to kill a presidential candidate.  But then the other part of me is a member of that society that thinks "It was Trump, don't care".

It’s almost like calling your fellow Americans Vermin causes those people not to care your ear got scratched.

• True 2

10 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

If a school of babies can get killed and nothing happens, I’m not gonna care about Trumps boo-boo. 

• True 2
  • Halal 3

1 minute ago, outsida said:

Damn! My only regret is I have one vote to give!

Give George Soros a call and he'll bus you to vote in all 48 states in CONUS.

• Hype 1

3 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Every Democrat should end every speaking engagement they participate in -- no matter the topic or the audience -- with the phrase, "Project 2025 must be stopped" or something to that effect.

In other words, take a page from Cato the Elder.

I agree with what was said earlier. Trump's name needs to be attached to Project 2025 at all times. It should always be framed as Trump's Project 2025.

• stepee 1
  • True 2
  • Halal 1

46 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

Maybe these long 3 year campaigns are too much.

I would prefer our election season be around 4-5 months every year. Harris is showing that the VP pick and all the other non sense could be condensed. 

NPR/PBS/Marist poll entirely post dropout  

Donald Trump 46%

Kamala Harris 45%

Donald Trump 42%

Kamala Harris 42%

Kennedy 7%

2024 National GE, Among Definitely Voters:

Harris 47% Trump 47% .

Harris 45% (+2) Trump 43% Kennedy 7% West 1% Stein 0% Oliver 0%

42 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

NPR/PBS/Marist poll entirely post dropout  

Donald Trump 46%

Kamala Harris 45%

Donald Trump 42%

Kamala Harris 42%

Kennedy 7%

2024 National GE, Among Definitely Voters:

Harris 47% Trump 47% .

Harris 45% (+2) Trump 43% Kennedy 7% West 1% Stein 0% Oliver 0%

These polls are really too early to reflect the true impact of Kamala's nomination. I think when this starts to sink in we're going to see a bigger bump.

• Hugs 1

7 minutes ago, Reputator said:

These polls are really too early to reflect the true impact of Kamala's nomination. I think when this starts to sink in we're going to see a bigger bump.

Indeed but the fact that these polls look like this after Trump getting shot and his convention was last week, add in how things were looking weeks prior it's already impressive. 

• Halal 1

2 hours ago, ort said:

You should not be.

The DEMS IN DISARRAY narrative, when pushed by the Fox Cinematic Universe, is no different than the umpteen other ways in which modern conservatives snitch on themselves more or less constantly. They barely have a platform. Their one fucking angle about Biden was "HE'S OLD" and if Joe had done a key bump or an intern had sprinkled some Adderall on his double scoop of rocky road before the first debate we wouldn't even be here today. Trump nearly had his head blown off few days before the RNC and his team is so allergic to doing a homework assignment that all they could be fussed to do was add a preamble to the same tired bullshit that barely goes over at Trump rallies these days, where he draws less of a crowd than a demolition derby would at the same venue later in the week. The guy couldn't even stay awake during his coronation, you think their team has enough juice to coordinate Plan A.5, let alone Plan B?

If it wasn't for the GOPs reliance on, ironically, minority control based on the electoral college and SCOTUS, they'd have no fucking game at all. They're an entitlement program masquerading as a competent political party.

• True 3