Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

12 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

uI2eOIJ.png

Love it. I do wonder how her campaign will square her cop-ish past with minority voters. Then again, nobody (except the Trump cultists) are excited by crime.

Also, hello again everybody. Now that it’s election season I’m back to hang out. 

Also Reddit sucks and I need somewhere to talk that isn’t to my wife. She’ll only tolerate listening to my opining to a point. 

• Hugs 7
  • Hype 1

13 minutes ago, S3xB0t said:

Love it. I do wonder how her campaign will square her cop-ish past with minority voters. Then again, nobody (except the Trump cultists) are excited by crime.

Lean into it to contrast the felon vs the prosecutor.  I don't think she gets attacked from the left much this year with Trump in play.

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, Chadatog said:

First, everyone here is selling my guy Cooper short.  He won NC statewide while Trump was winning the state.  Also he is the safest bet in not giving up a govenorship or senate seat.

Also @finaljedi how did you like TT's Intellivision infomercial halfway through Vidogames Live.

I think I read that if Cooper leaves the state, his Lt. Governor would be acting governor:

"He has referred to homosexuality as “filth,” said women should “keep your skirt down” to avoid abortion and recently told a church congregation “some folks need killing” when talking about World War II."

That said, maybe the lieutenant wouldn't be able to do much besides talk a lot, which would be best case scenario.

I dream of the moment a year into President Harris's term that she is holding a press conference and someone asks, "News just came in that Donald Trump has been sentenced to 5 years in prison for his case in Georgia, what is your reaction to that?"

And Kamala hits 'em with the....

93b5RI.gif

12 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

2024 National GE:

Harris 46% Trump 46% .

@YouGovAmerica

@YahooNews, 1,178 RV, 7/19-22

This would be a great time to use a lot of that new money to set the message in swing states before the gop gets their footing, if they can

• True 1

1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

I think I read that if Cooper leaves the state, his Lt. Governor would be acting governor:

"He has referred to homosexuality as “filth,” said women should “keep your skirt down” to avoid abortion and recently told a church congregation “some folks need killing” when talking about World War II."

That said, maybe the lieutenant wouldn't be able to do much besides talk a lot, which would be best case scenario.

Apparently he hasn't done anything other than issue some declarations. The state legislature is also Republican with veto override majorities. 

I’m torn on who I want the VP to be: Kelly is a great choice because it immediately destroys Trump’s “I took a bullet for this country” when you bring up Kelly’s wife.

But man, Shapiro has that Obama energy that we need.

• True 1

6 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

I’m torn on who I want the VP to be: Kelly is a great choice because it immediately destroys Trump’s “I took a bullet for this country” when you bring up Kelly’s wife.

But man, Shapiro has that Obama energy that we need.

But have you considered how much energy is needed to put a man in space?  

• True 1
  • Halal 1

Just now, SuperSpreader said:

I don't know anything about Shapiro so I lean Kelly. I NEVER HEARD HIS NAME UNTIL THIS THREAD

I admit I was silently confused for a minute when I thought everyone was talking about Ben Shapiro.

• Haha 2
  • Halal 1

“At 78 years old, Donald Trump is too old to work in government” Agree 53% Disagree 43%

“Kamala Harris is mentally sharp and able to deal with challenges“ Agree 56% Disagree 37% .

@Reuters/@Ipsos, 1,018 RV, 7/22-23

Chuck Schumer Filibuster GIF by GIPHY News

• Halal 3

All that priming people to be down about Biden's age and ability to speak is really gonna pay off with now having someone giving speeches who can move and speak normally even before you get into how it looks compared to Trump's appearances.

• Halal 1

I'm kind of surprised the right wing talking heads didn't have a more coherent and prepared response to this. They really are flailing around completely lost in the dark with how to properly message this.

• Halal 1

Just now, CitizenVectron said:

Clip from the rally. This is 100% going to be one of her main talking points/rally moments:

That's from yesterday speaking to the campaign staff upon officially taking over the campaign but yeah it's a good angle to keep hitting.