Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

Just now, Chairslinger said:

Take it with a grain of salt, but there are already reports coming in that Trump regrets picking Vance.

I just love the possibility that by timing this right Joe and Kamala saddled Trump with another VP he doesn't want :lol:

Trump is a fickle bitch?

:pikachu:

It is kinda funny seeing the right wing shitlords squirm and struggle in this brief period before their corporate masters have cooked up the proper talking points for them to use.

You can't spend the last few years talking about how terrible he is and he's so old and unfit and blah blah blah only to then shove it in our faces that he's out... or call it undemocratic. She's the VP. That's her job. This is exactly how democracy is supposed to work.

I'm actually surprised at how unprepared they seem to be for this. I don't think they thought this was actually going to happen.

Surprise motherfuckers, the vast majority of democrats aren't hero worshiping weirdos. Sorry dipshits, the guy at the head of our party has the ability to check his ego and do what's best for the party and the people in the country.

Too bad the person your party has realigned itself into worshipping a literal piece of shit. A narcissistic traitorous ego mad con man with no morals. Sucks to be you.

• Halal 3

18 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

I am leaning heavily towards Shapiro.

In one move Kamala probably wins PA, making the math much harder for Trump, and all of a sudden there's only one old fart odd man out in this race and which puts more emphasis on Trump being old and Vance being a douche....

Being from PA I’d love to see Shapiro take the VP slot but I’m worried about optics of him taking the spot so early into his governorship.

• Halal 1

12 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

IMG-9237.jpg

JD Vance had a thing during his Senate campaign where he would do appearances in small towns sipping from a giant cup of soft drink.  I tried to find pictures, but that stage of his political life is buried under the current one.

Also as an aside I remember Vance posting that for a few grande you could have dinner with him and his vampire Daddy and his nuttier than squirrel shit primary opponent posted this in response:

FhtSY7GXkAA2xk5?format=jpg&name=medium

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

Being from PA I’d love to see Shapiro take the VP slot but I’m worried about optics of him taking the spot so early into his governorship.

I'd think the fact that he had no way of knowing this would come up makes that a lot less awkward than it would be if it'd been a free for all primary that he eagerly jumped into.

2 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

I didn't know you're from PA? Where at if you don't mind sharing? I'm in Lancaster. 

1 minute ago, Best said:

I didn't know you're from PA? Where at if you don't mind sharing? I'm in Lancaster. 

Back off stalker you don’t want none of this West Philly boy.

Shit. DELETE.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

Take it with a grain of salt, but there are already reports coming in that Trump regrets picking Vance.

I just love the possibility that by timing this right Joe and Kamala saddled Trump with another VP he doesn't want :lol:

On the contrary, it could flip all the media attention back to him if he immediately dismissed his VP pick in an Apprentice style video.

• Halal 1

24 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

Don Jr will never get that hug from his father now.

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

JD Vance had a thing during his Senate campaign where he would do appearances in small towns sipping from a giant cup of soft drink.  I tried to find pictures, but that stage of his political life is buried under the current one.

Also as an aside I remember Vance posting that for a few grande you could have dinner with him and his vampire Daddy and his nuttier than squirrel shit primary opponent posted this in response:

I mean that's def more my style tbh

52 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

Breaking the rule because holy shit Trump pulled a John McCain picking Sarah Palin:

He’s got the charisma of a wet napkin.

the kind of shit that kills yer run

35 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

He's going to blame all of the people who "foisted" Vance on him. Trump is blameless you know... it's everyone ELSE'S fault. Also, Mountain Dew has just become the offical drink of the Chud.

We have seen before that even if the GOP has devolved under Trump, most of their politicians don't get the same Teflon Don treatment. So I think the Trump campaign is going to have to reign in Vance on this kind of behavior. But then you are left wondering why did they pick him in the first place if not for this?

Until you see it, I don't think you realize just how cringe it is to see a less popular, less slick version of Trump doing Trump things. It reminds me of being a kid and you know the small annoying kid that would follow the bully around and just repeat everything the bully said......that's what Vance comes off trying to do Trump's act as Trump's VP

39 minutes ago, ort said:

I'm actually surprised at how unprepared they seem to be for this. I don't think they thought this was actually going to happen.

They are wholly incapable of understanding a selfless act such as what Biden did

• stepee 1

40 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

I’ll never forget that a girl a friend of mine used to regularly hook up with (while she was dating someone else) got pregnant and on the dl got an abortion. She later on worked as a staffer for Mandel

• Halal 1

6 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

We have seen before that even if the GOP has devolved under Trump, most of their politicians don't get the same Teflon Don treatment. So I think the Trump campaign is going to have to reign in Vance on this kind of behavior. But then you are left wondering why did they pick him in the first place if not for this?

Until you see it, I don't think you realize just how cringe it is to see a less popular, less slick version of Trump doing Trump things. It reminds me of being a kid and you know the small annoying kid that would follow the bully around and just repeat everything the bully said......that's what Vance comes off trying to do Trump's act as Trump's VP

That's where the Republican party runs into trouble with this all Trump pivot.  He's old, this is his last ride, once he's gone they just have people like Vance and Desantis left.  These Ivy League dorks who will try their best to seem like a dumb oaf but just come across as weird space aliens pretending to be human.

• stepee 1
  • Halal 1

11 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I’ll never forget that a girl a friend of mine used to regularly hook up with (while she was dating someone else) got pregnant and on the dl got an abortion. She later on worked as a staffer for Mandel

Only my abortion is virtuous. 

Just now, finaljedi said:

That's where the Republican party runs into trouble with this all Trump pivot.  He's old, this is his last ride, once he's gone they just have people like Vance and Desantis left.  These Ivy League dorks who will try their best to seem like a dumb oaf but just come across as weird space aliens pretending to be human.

This is what was so frustrating about the past month with everything feeling hopeless.

While I will think we are long past the hope of the "fever breaking" in DC I think we are one election win away from the GOP having to drastically reinvent themselves. They have rode Trump's celebrity for a decade, sacrificed any party identity to his ego, and I doubt they even know what they are without him anymore.

It was like a nightmare where you can't move this past month seeing Dems all but surrender to a second Trump term when we are so close to putting an end to the Trump era AND cripple the GOP in one fell swoop....

• True 1
  • Halal 2
  • Hype 1

29 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

He's going to blame all of the people who "foisted" Vance on him. Trump is blameless you know... it's everyone ELSE'S fault. Also, Mountain Dew has just become the offical drink of the Chud.

Dammit I like Mountain Dew

Post from 

We @Civiqs

started tracking Trump vs. Harris two weeks ago. Normally this info is paywalled, but this deserves sharing: - Through 7/21, Biden trailed Trump 46-44 nationally; Harris was ahead 48-46. Trump is stuck at a ceiling of 46. Harris gains from 3rd party/undecided voters.

Digging into the pres vote crosstabs:

- Young voters (18-34) go from Biden 44-36 (+8) to Harris 57-37 (+20)

- Independents go from Trump 48-32 (+16) to Trump 49-41 (+8)

- Harris picks up 7pp among Black voters and 8pp among Hispanic voters, almost all from 3rd party/undecideds

Cross tabs from latest morning Consult from after Biden dropped out, she's down 2 in the top line here, Biden was down 6, 5 days ago. 

17216867647426686095252062780396.png?ex=

Harris also with 2 point with quinnipiac poll that started Friday and went through Sunday. 

• Thanks 2
  • Hype 1

18 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

once he's gone they just have people like Vance and Desantis left.  These Ivy League dorks who will try their best to seem like a dumb oaf but just come across as weird space aliens pretending to be human.

Don't forget Hawley!

Josh Hawley Running GIF by GIPHY News

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

God damn it, I love my Diet Mountain Dew.

• Sad 1