Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

27 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I saw memes on FB 2-3 days ago before Biden even dropped out saying "they try to call republicans the party of facism yet the democrats don't even let their voters decide their candidates" or something.

The "don't count the votes" party wants to complain the votes weren't counted. 

My hope is Mrs. Harris brings some of her fresh new ideas to the table and just doesn’t tow the Biden agenda. She seems like she would have the inside track when it comes to tech/Ai since she was the attorney general of California. Which could be a very positive thing. 

Just now, CitizenVectron said:

Ah, yes. I kind of expected the GOP to use her lack of children against her:

xgy7Pg0.png

"Stepkids don't count" gonna play real well with suburban wine moms.

• Halal 4

7 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

xgy7Pg0.png

Jealous of her DINK status and the fact that they can't come up with a Hunter Biden analog 

19 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

xgy7Pg0.png

This is just fucking gross. Aside from the fact that being childless is a fine and valid lifestyle to choose, there’s also tons of medical reasons that he wouldn’t know about that may have prevented her, or any other woman, from having kids. 

Also George Washington, oNe Of ThE fOuNdErS, was childless but hey facts and feelings, bet he didn’t have a stake in the future of the country

• Halal 1

3 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

This is just fucking gross. Aside from the fact that being childless is a fine and valid lifestyle to choose, there’s also tons of medical reasons that he wouldn’t know about that may have prevented her, or any other woman, from having kids. 

Also George Washington, oNe Of ThE fOuNdErS, was childless but hey facts and feelings, bet he didn’t have a stake in the future of the country

JD Vance has had some weird takes on people that really need to come back up.

WWW.SNOPES.COM

Childless people don't have "any physical commitment to the future of this country," the U.S. vice presidential hopeful allegedly said.

He's also been in favor of a 10 year old rape victim carrying a pregnancy to term and has a fun take on divorce.

• Guillotine 3

First of all, I have all the respect in the world for Joe Biden. Whatever transpired in order for him to come to this decision, I feel confident that he made this decision because he felt it was in the best interest of the nation. Regardless as to how this all turns out, I'll forever think highly of the man for his accomplishments and for setting aside personal victory for an increased chance at a better tomorrow.

It was my opinion before and I remain skeptical that Harris has a better chance than Biden, but the immediate reaction does give me hope. It seems like the Dems are lining up behind her and MAGA seems very much on the back foot. She's a complete professional, and while she isn't the most charismatic politician around, she comes off as quite capable. If concerns around Biden's ability to do the work were the primary driver of his poor polling, Harris should do much better in that regard.

I feel like this election has always been Trump or not Trump, and Harris does provide a much more stark contrast, even if the policy positions haven't shifted at all. Fingers crossed.

• stepee 1
  • Halal 2

2 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

If I had to bet, I think Trump (and therefore the party) are going to really try to nail Harris with this being a coup, and her as illegitimate, and I think it's going to fall flat.

I was just talking to a co worker who is a Trumper and he was trying to make the argument that 'The Committee' that runs everything selected her instead of the people. I informed him Obama didn't endorse Harris and it seemed to confuse him. This is throwing Republicans off their game. 

I also pointed out what Democrat would stick their neck out at this point when so many Democrats already endorsed her. He was just silent. 

• stepee 1

1 minute ago, Jason said:

They're also posting pictures of Harris from her 20s and 30s and attacking her for being hot. :lol:

Im surprised they are bouncing around so much with really unfavorable positions, I feel like all they need for their base is to ride the “california is a third world country” line to the the end 

• Halal 1

Very interesting that Vance would attack a stepparent back in 2021, a position by all accounts he still believes.

You'd think there'd be some overlap with people pro-life and encouraging adoptions (without making adoptions more affordable, of course) and respect for stepparents, but women are just there to pump out a unit for them.

• Halal 1

3 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

I was just talking to a co worker who is a Trumper and he was trying to make the argument that 'The Committee' that runs everything selected her instead of the people. I informed him Obama didn't endorse Harris and it seemed to confuse him. This is throwing Republicans off their game. 

I also pointed out what Democrat would stick their neck out at this point when so many Democrats already endorsed her. He was just silent. 

They're all waiting for the lines from the right wing media types.  The right wing media is also at a loss right now, its a coup, or it's illegal, or Biden should resign if he's not going to run (don't know what that gets them).  Hannity brought the heat with her having a funny laugh and being against plastic straws.  I've seen a thing about kneepads, so I guess at some point she may have had sex?  That one is fun considering Trump is a perverted sex pest.

• True 1

13 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

WWW.SNOPES.COM

Childless people don't have "any physical commitment to the future of this country," the U.S. vice presidential hopeful allegedly said.

He's also been in favor of a 10 year old rape victim carrying a pregnancy to term and has a fun take on divorce.

and by “parents,” I’m assuming he really only means the male parents. Women are just for breeding, dontcha know.

• True 4

7 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

They're all waiting for the lines from the right wing media types.  The right wing media is also at a loss right now, its a coup, or it's illegal, or Biden should resign if he's not going to run (don't know what that gets them).  Hannity brought the heat with her having a funny laugh and being against plastic straws.  I've seen a thing about kneepads, so I guess at some point she may have had sex?  That one is fun considering Trump is a perverted sex pest.

Heels Up Harris is a popular right-wing  nickname for her. I don't even know what it's about other than she's a woman so she clearly slept her way to success? I don't know. These people are insufferable.

5 minutes ago, stepee said:

Im surprised they are bouncing around so much with really unfavorable positions, I feel like all they need for their base is to ride the “california is a third world country” line to the the end 

Like I've been saying they're incapable of even pretending to be normal now. 

• True 1
  • Hype 1

1 minute ago, ort said:

Heels Up Harris is a popular nickname for her. I don't even know what it's about other than she's a woman so she clearly slept her way to success? I don't know. These people are insufferable.

Yeah they've been saying that for awhile. I remember hearing that supposed she was Obama's side piece...

• Guillotine 1
  • Halal 1

It's going to get ugly. So many people can't accept any woman being in a. position of power and they will be lashing out. There will be a collective freakout the more attention she gets.

If they can turn someone as tame and boring and moderate as Biden into a sinister evil devil like figure... imagine what they are going to do with a woman.

It's also interesting how everyone refers to presidential candidates by their last names. But women candidates are mostly referred to by their first names.

She's only referred to as Kamala. The right never calls her Harris.

It made some amount of sense with Hilary, because it differentiated her from her husband, but for Harris? It's just a soft form of subtle sexism.

• Halal 4

8 minutes ago, stepee said:

It’s funny though that they will probably do some california doom stuff with her when I’ve noticed traveling that I’ll say I’m from America and people will be like “oh..” then say “San Francisco” or “California” and it’s “oh!!!” and also high interest in LA ofc.

22 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

WWW.SNOPES.COM

This is why they wanted Biden: they could point and say “OLD MAN” and hope that glosses over how gross and unpopular everyday gop members positions are on [literally any issue here] 

...and they can't even pronounce her first name right. If you hear anyone in the right wing speak her name... 90% of the time they pronounce it Camel-Uh.

They also pause for a second like someone might do before they say a slur or something. 

"Blah blah, blah... small pause CAMEL-UH... small pause... blah blah blah..."

2 minutes ago, ort said:

It's going to get ugly. So many people can't accept any woman being in a. position of power and they will be lashing out. There will be a collective freakout the more attention she gets.

If they can turn someone as tame and boring and moderate as Biden into a sinister evil devil like figure... imagine what they are going to do with a woman.

It's also interesting how everyone refers to presidential candidates by their last names. But women candidates are mostly referred to by their first names.

She's only referred to as Kamala. The right never calls her Harris.

It made some amount of sense with Hilary, because it differentiated her from her husband, but for Harris? It's just a soft form of subtle sexism.

Im pretty sure referring to her only as Kamala is also racism too tbf

• Halal 1

7 minutes ago, stepee said:

I remember hearing this nasty shit now too :(

Now that I think about it, i heard it when she was running for President from a progress, Black male Bernie supporter :|. Enjoy these next couple of days because it's about to get UGLY.

• Sad 1