Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

46 minutes ago, johnny said:

i think shapiro does the most to help kamala win. 

but i also think shapiro might want to sit this one out and try for president later without messing with this. 

On the flip side being VP is one of the strongest spring boards into the WH, name recognition is pretty big during a primary. 

8 hours ago, SuperSpreader said:

. I 100% support her and actually like her. But I think Americans, Democrats, and Liberals have betrayed Joe Biden. He's given us so many norms we take for granted, kids don't even remember when gay marriage was illegal. Don't ask don't tell, etc. I think it's shameful and I feel deeply sorry for him.

I feel the same way.

• Halal 2

9 hours ago, SuperSpreader said:

I definitely think this is better than an open convention and have given to Kamala through her career before national politics. I 100% support her and actually like her. But I think Americans, Democrats, and Liberals have betrayed Joe Biden. He's given us so many norms we take for granted, kids don't even remember when gay marriage was illegal. Don't ask don't tell, etc. I think it's shameful and I feel deeply sorry for him.

When Biden was elected in 2020, I figured he’d be a decent or even “good” president, however, I never would’ve expected him to become perhaps one of the greatest and most progressive presidents in my lifetime, exceeding Obama and Clinton in my eyes. Some won’t agree with my sentiment, I don’t really care, but I truthfully don’t know if we’ll ever have a president with as big of a heart who cares as much about the well being of this country as Joe Biden has and does. The only things I’m critical of Biden about are how the Afghanistan exit was handled (Afghan citizens who helped our military were left behind with no exit strategy; there had to be something in between ripping off a bandaid and staying forever - but, I know this was a Trump-era thing he just didn’t adjust), and him wasting several months trying to work with the GOP before saying “F you guys”.

• Halal 2

7 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

I present to you all the next vice president of America, the whitest man who has ever whited: 

GS-XQ1jaYAAHDXl?format=jpg&name=medium

Andy Beshear, governor of Kentucky (the lt. gov is a Democrat). 

Wait why isn’t every child carrying an AR-15 in this photo???

• True 2

With the amount of flailing right wingers responding to this I'm guessing there was a pretty broad media strategy that went up in flames yesterday.  Also pour one out for the Russian troll farms, the memes with Hunter Biden in his tighty whiteys are no longer relevant.

6 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

With the amount of flailing right wingers responding to this I'm guessing there was a pretty broad media strategy that went up in flames yesterday.  Also pour one out for the Russian troll farms, the memes with Hunter Biden in his tighty whiteys are no longer relevant.

IMG-9232.jpg

• Sicko 1
  • Sicko Sherman 2

8 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

WWW.THEATLANTIC.COM

A campaign that had been optimized to beat Joe Biden must now be reinvented.

Yep!

• Halal 1

4 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Based on what I'm seeing on TikTok, Gen Z is fully embracing Kamala. They love her goofiness and all the weird things she's said (coconut tree, multiple remarks about schools buses, her dancing, Venn diagrams, etc).

But will they vote in a way young people usually do not?

• True 1

1 minute ago, CitizenVectron said:

Easily going to pass $100 million in a 24-hour period, I think:

r9HtUOD.png

Look at that money coming in after midnight. Who is counting money at 1 am? Clearly this is donation fraud. 

• Haha 3
  • True 2
  • Sicko Sherman 1

4 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Boomers actually getting skipped, Biden and Trump are silent gen, lol. 

Technically Harris is a boomer by a 2-month margin. But she looks younger than she is, so I expect most people will see/treat her like Gen X.

• Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Trump doesn't know what to do:

g7PwkCk.png

Trump is really bad at rolling with change, it’s why his stump speech has been the same rambling bullshit for 8 years, he was still leading chants of “lock her up” years after Hillary exited politics.  

• True 1

3 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Boomers actually getting skipped, Biden and Trump are silent gen, lol. 

Clinton, Bush are all Boomers... we've just gone backwards the last two (three) cycles. Obama is a boomer technically too... Kamala could be argued to be a boomer, though right on the edge.

Just now, CitizenVectron said:

If I had to bet, I think Trump (and therefore the party) are going to really try to nail Harris with this being a coup, and her as illegitimate, and I think it's going to fall flat.

I saw memes on FB 2-3 days ago before Biden even dropped out saying "they try to call republicans the party of facism yet the democrats don't even let their voters decide their candidates" or something.