Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

30 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I don't know how y'all can watch this. I can't do it. Too painful.

Yeah I’m going full media blackout on this cycle. I’ll be there to vote, otherwise I’m living my life and ignoring the shit show that we’ve let our political system devolve into. 

• Halal 3

Just now, Siebzehn said:

Trump talking about how the troops love him makes me almost irrationally angry as a person in the military that he would gladly fuck over if he becomes President

Remember when he shit on a Gold Star family? I 'member. It's infuriating. Uh oh Israel/Gaza question. Here we go.

• stepee 1
  • Halal 2

Just now, Greatoneshere said:

Trump is complaining we're spending money to help Ukraine? Not a good look either I'd imagine. 

It’s a big thing on the right wing sphere. My Dad constantly complains about it too. Just Russian propaganda funneled directly into the  tortured minds of our populace. 

• True 1
  • Halal 1

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

It’s a big thing on the right wing sphere. My Dad constantly complains about it too. Just Russian propaganda funneled directly into the  tortured minds of our populace. 

Agreed but I'm not worried about people already in Trump's cult. This is about everyone else in the country who might be watching. And they are probably more for helping Ukraine. Also Biden's answer was good on Israel/Gaza whereas Trump telling the world Israel "should finish the job" is, uh . . . bad. Calling Biden a weak, bad Palestinian.

I mean, c'mon. Trump looks bad here. 

Just now, finaljedi said:

That pivot from Jan 6 was about as graceful as a pig on skates.

It was so bad that Tapper had to repeat the question. :lol: This is getting worse and worse for Trump, he's ranting more and getting flustered. Talking about Nancy Pelosi's daughter what the fuck??

• Haha 2

Just now, Brian said:

The worst part of this, you can easily see the democrats coming out and shitting on Biden’s performance while republicans will applaud Trump’s. 

Agreed but when the short, best clips come out it's gonna be Trump saying stupid shit circulating like: "that city would have been destroyed". "Pelosi's daughter is a documentary filmmaker, so they say" etc. The sound bites are gonna be brutal.

4 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Agreed but I'm not worried about people already in Trump's cult. This is about everyone else in the country who might be watching. And they are probably more for helping Ukraine. Also Biden's answer was good on Israel/Gaza whereas Trump telling the world Israel "should finish the job" is, uh . . . bad. Calling Biden a weak, bad Palestinian.

I mean, c'mon. Trump looks bad here. 

I’m sure he does but no way in the hell am I actually watching this! I don’t think anyone’s stance on Ukraine will make any dent whatsoever though.

1 minute ago, Brian said:

The worst part of this, you can easily see the democrats coming out and shitting on Biden’s performance while republicans will applaud Trump’s. 

It's already happening on Twitter 

Just now, stepee said:

I’m sure he does but no way in the hell am I actually watching this! I don’t think anyone’s stance on Ukraine will make any dent whatsoever though.

I mean, the best Biden can do is say the right things, whether it makes a dent or not is up to the people to decide. What do you want Biden to do that you think would make a dent? Obviously he could be more fiery and angry but in terms of talking points.

Can you imagine how this would be going if Pete Butigieg or any other excellent communicator was up there? Biden is so rough. Yes, he’s getting better,  it I feel like our collective standards are so low if we think this is an acceptable debate performance by a political candidate. 

Trump is just lying out of his mouth and they just go out unchallenged. It’s maddening. 

Just now, Siebzehn said:

Ooooh convicted felon callout! Was waiting for it 

Yeah, that was a good one. Something like: "all I see on stage is a convicted felon". Trump mentions Hunter is also a convicted felon. But, you know, Biden isn't his son. 

Just now, Brian said:

I get so fucking tired of the media with this shit.  Trump will just make shit up, but with a forceful speech and there will be 7 articles filed in about an hour about Trump giving a forceful and mature performance.

• Halal 2