Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

2 minutes ago, Reputator said:

What a crazy world. Trump gets shot, and the only campaign that ends is Biden's.

I honestly wonder if just a smidge of the fervor of pushing Joe out of the race was a  media channeling their misplaced frustration at years of having no effect on Trump to prove to themselves they are still relevant.

Just now, Chairslinger said:

I honestly wonder if just a smidge of the fervor of pushing Joe out of the race was a  media channeling their misplaced frustration at years of having no effect on Trump to prove to themselves they are still relevant.

They want Trump because it makes them money

• True 1

2 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

And trumps tapioca brain will call Kamala “Joe Biden” to her face because he’s been practicing his lines against him for the past 4+ years and there’s nothing left up there for new information

Oh this will absolutely happen. I mean how long did it take him to stop calling Biden Obama?

• True 1

7 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

lmao

1 minute ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

The coping and seething is almost worth losing the best president we’ve had in my lifetime. If Harris can close the deal, all time great, top 10 for sure

The satisfying part is after a decade of Trump what Dems just did, in a roundabout kind of way, is turn that "laws vs. norms" thing a bit back on MAGA.

2 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

And trumps tapioca brain will call Kamala “Joe Biden” to her face because he’s been practicing his lines against him for the past 4+ years and there’s nothing left up there for new information

I have long questioned the viability of Trump being so laser focused on the fitness of a man all of 3 years older than him. This just makes that decision look worse. The Republican Party was maybe TOO efficient this time. While it's probably not a line Kamala should be using herself, Dems need to make clear that a second term Donald Trump would be older than Biden is now for part of his presidency......

• True 2

I don't think anyone serious in the party is pushing for anyone but Harris, Newsome endorsed her not long ago, half of dems in congress have done so as well, along with mayor Pete. 

Dems have also past 30 million for the day, best day since 2020 and might hit top 3 of all time for them. 

All 50 state chairs have also endorsed her. 

• stepee 2
  • Hype 2

20 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

The satisfying part is after a decade of Trump what Dems just did, in a roundabout kind of way, is turn that "laws vs. norms" thing a bit back on MAGA.

I have long questioned the viability of Trump being so laser focused on the fitness of a man all of 3 years older than him. This just makes that decision look worse. The Republican Party was maybe TOO efficient this time. While it's probably not a line Kamala should be using herself, Dems need to make clear that a second term Donald Trump would be older than Biden is now for part of his presidency......

I totally agree, dems need to hit super hard on age and competency. 

The vibes have totally shifted and I'm feeling very optimistic. Just look at Trump. He is seething and giving off massive loser energy. All he can do is whine to the refs, but it's not going to make him look tough, it'll just make him continue to look like a loser.

We have to remember, Trump is not popular! His cult loves him, but cults are small. And, just like with any other cult, he is deeply unappealing, weird, and freakish to normal people.

Harris just needs to continue to communicate well, laugh and taunt Trump, be a bit sarcastic, and watch the air leak out of that shit balloon.

• True 1
  • Halal 4

18 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

I don't think anyone serious in the party is pushing for anyone but Harris, Newsome endorsed her not long ago, half of dems in congress have done so as well, along with mayor Pete. 

Dems have also past 30 million for the day, best day since 2020 and might hit top 3 of all time for them. 

All 50 state chairs have also endorsed her. 

But Marianne Williamson!

7 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

The vibes have totally shifted and I'm feeling very optimistic. Just look at Trump. He is seething and giving off massive loser energy. All he can do is whine to the refs, but it's not going to make him look tough, it'll just make him continue to look like a loser.

We have to remember, Trump is not popular! His cult loves him, but cults are small. And, just like with any other cult, he is deeply unappealing, weird, and freakish to normal people.

Harris just needs to continue to communicate well, laugh and taunt Trump, be a bit sarcastic, and watch the air leak out of that shit balloon.

While that is not entirely my own personal feeling I am psyched for the party and media to ride this wave. The only good thing about the past month for Dems is that anything that gets us out of that circular firing squad feels like fricking Obama 2008!

For my part, I am focusing on the positives. As I have already said, I really like Harris's chances at a potential second debate. Some other good stuff is that it will be nice to watch the Dem give a speech and not cringe every time they accidently mix up a word. Also, seems fair to expect that Harris will have a more rigorous campaign schedule than Biden could manage. I want her running circles around Trump.

• Hype 1

1 minute ago, Chairslinger said:

While that is not entirely my own personal feeling I am psyched for the party and media to ride this wave. The only good thing about the past month for Dems is that anything that gets us out of that circular firing squad feels like fricking Obama 2008!

For my part, I am focusing on the positives. As I have already said, I really like Harris's chances at a potential second debate. Some other good stuff is that it will be nice to watch the Dem give a speech and not cringe every time they accidently mix up a word. Also, seems fair to expect that Harris will have a more rigorous campaign schedule than Biden could manage. I want her running circles around Trump.

This! This so much!

5 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

Basically, what this boils down to:

Kamala is way better for the press.

• Halal 1

2 minutes ago, Reputator said:

Basically, what this boils down to:

Kamala is way better for the press.

Yes. The media sucks and will NOT identify Trump's lies and evil policies. You need an effective communicator to call him out. Biden--who I think has been a good president--is just incapable of making his case. Harris can do that.

16 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

We have to remember, Trump is not popular! His cult loves him, but cults are small. And, just like with any other cult, he is deeply unappealing, weird, and freakish to normal people

he sure does get a lot of votes for somebody unpopular.

he will always get the Republican vote in November. Even if they do it to vote against the democrat.