Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

I’m sitting here waiting for my baguettes and brie at a local cafe in Paris and blood is literally bleeding out of the waitresses eyes as she chants HARRIS HARRIS HARRIS in a zombie like fashion 

• Haha 3

Just now, Uaarkson said:

Just got the love of Christ don’t do any debates 

She may be lacking in charm but Trump is still insane, even more so than 8 years ago, and the contrast with someone who won’t be knocking on deaths door will I think make some measure of difference

31 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I expect the CBC's endorsement relatively quickly.

14 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

The CBC just announced its endorsement.

I was about to quote you and let you know you were right but you were ahead of me. :p 

• stepee 1

I'm not going to tell people not to worry, but I've posted with y'all long enough to care about you guys (and gal if cnut is here) and hope you're happy. I think this election is winnable and I hope it is won for our sakes. And I firmly believe she can win.

• stepee 2
  • Hugs 4

4 minutes ago, Uaarkson said:

Just for the love of Christ don’t do any debates 

Sadly I think it is the only way to turn the tide at this point. I just don't find it likely that Harris will have the ability to do it against Trump. Like I said earlier. In her debate against Pence in 2020 the fly on Pence's head won.

2 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I'm not going to tell people not to worry, but I've posted with y'all long enough to care about you guys (and gal if cnut is here) and hope you're happy. I think this election is winnable and I hope it is won for our sakes. And I firmly believe she can win.

Im actually going to ride with you full on optimism for this as long as everyone rallies in and dems don’t fuck it up

• Halal 1
  • Hype 1

6 minutes ago, Uaarkson said:

Put Trump on a debate stage with her and there's a good chance he says something truly heinous beyond what's bake in for how shitty he is. 

• stepee 1

2 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Voting for Kamala just so Hillary can live to see a female president that isn’t her

Maybe that should be the hook for independants and moderate Republicans. Got to leverage that hate for Hilary Clinton! 🤣

Reporter Sarah Ewall-Wice (formerly CBS, now Daily Mail) says "Democrats have raised more than $5 million in just over an hour with Biden's announcement he's exiting the race." Will wait for non-Mail source to confirm but I wouldn't be surprised.

They kind of need a debate at this point.  Literally no one calls out Trump's constant lies to his face, Biden didn't have the stamina to really address it last time around, even though he kind of did, just not in a way that came across well.

Just now, SaysWho? said:

Reporter Sarah Ewall-Wice (formerly CBS, now Daily Mail) says "Democrats have raised more than $5 million in just over an hour with Biden's announcement he's exiting the race." Will wait for non-Mail source to confirm but I wouldn't be surprised.

College football NIL fans: 

200.gif

I know it would a waste and problematic in a lot of ways, but a thought popped in my head a week or two ago like an Aaron Sorkin episode.....what if Harris and Biden just switched seats. Let Kamala run as pres and name Joe her VP.

It would allow the country to get onboard with her while keeping something of the incumpancy bump from those who want Joe.

Of course, it would be a disaster for the old age argument to have Joe as the "back-up".

16 minutes ago, stepee said:

I’m sitting here waiting for my baguettes and brie at a local cafe in Paris and blood is literally bleeding out of the waitresses eyes as she chants HARRIS HARRIS HARRIS in a zombie like fashion 

CloudStrike hit the 5G Gates-Soros microchips, we're fucked.

• Hugs 1

oh shit, it happened. Kamala needs to do a debate and be as aggressive against Trump for his lies and for not answering questions in the last debate. Also, give the moderators/press shit for how the weeks after the debate they glossed over his performance.

• stepee 1

2 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

If this is true (and I think that it is), you're basically telling us that "a lot of people" are really, really stupid then?

“Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of ‘em are stupider than that” - George Carlin

• Haha 1
  • True 3

15 minutes ago, Uaarkson said:

12 minutes ago, stepee said:

Honestly I think Harris could obliterate trump in a debate, yall forget she can have fire, she can be fire cop

9 minutes ago, stepee said:

I really don’t get why you wouldn’t want a debate with Harris, she is sharp 

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

Put Trump on a debate stage with her and there's a good chance he says something truly heinous beyond what's bake in for how shitty he is. 

5 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

They kind of need a debate at this point.  Literally no one calls out Trump's constant lies to his face, Biden didn't have the stamina to really address it last time around, even though he kind of did, just not in a way that came across well.

Ever since this started I have been saying Kamala is a terrible public speaker and I worry about that, but I do think she trounces Trump in a debate.

I suspect it's her career as a prosecutor, but I think she is actually better as a public speaker when it's an adversarial forum. 

She was good in the primaries and did fine against Pence.

And let's remember, before Joe came out and had an all time bad performance Trump arguably had not won a single debate against Hillary OR Joe. It's not like he's ever been great at this...

1 minute ago, Chairslinger said:

Ever since this started I have been saying Kamala is a terrible public speaker and I worry about that, but I do think she trounces Trump in a debate.

I suspect it's her career as a prosecutor, but I think she is actually better as a public speaker when it's an adversarial forum. 

She was good in the primaries and did fine against Pence.

And let's remember, before Joe came out and had an all time bad performance Trump arguably had not won a single debate against Hillary OR Joe. It's not like he's ever been great at this...

100% correct imo, and why I want that debate bad