Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

1 minute ago, TUFKAK said:

I mean it gave trump is start in politics so; yeah kinda did.

Democrats are 2-0 against birther nonsense and the connective tissue between Trump being a birther and becoming President is tenuous at best.

• True 1

Harris is a horrible pick IMO. I understand why she is a convenient pick but when she talks she doesn't sound confident at all. Sadly politics revolve more around how people perceive things rather than reality. The way she sounds and talks is very bleh.

Her genetics are working against her. Not a lot she can really do about it IMO but it will be a factor. Especially when against someone that presents as extremely confident and yet incredibly wrong.

2 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Democrats are 2-0 against birther nonsense and the connective tissue between Trump being a birther and becoming President is tenuous at best.

With a generational talent who, checks notes, wasn’t Kamala 

Just now, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I do want to point out that the reason why Biden didn't explicitly endorse Harris in that announcement letter is because doing so might be construed as a violation of the Hatch Act.

But it was an official act so…

Spoiler

:p I know it’s not

3 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

You could have said this to anti Biden liberals two weeks ago. Now we're supposed to be all cheery? Wherever

I stayed out because I felt this had to happen but couldn’t speak against Biden. 

• Guillotine 1

3 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I do want to point out that the reason why Biden didn't explicitly endorse Harris in that announcement letter is because doing so might be construed as a violation of the Hatch Act.

Very cool, very legal 

As always, I’m back and forth about the wisdom in this series of decisions and events. Of course I’ll be voting for Harris. Of the more standard Dems in the 2020 primary I actually liked her the most at the time.

Just very concerned about the coming disarray and chaos. 

• True 1

9 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

How so exactly? 

3 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

With a generational talent who, checks notes, wasn’t Kamala 

The extent to which Obama could be perceived as a generational talent wasn't apparent until after he won, this is Monday morning quarterbacking a victory. His first win came in the same cycle where Democrats were saying they'd consider voting for McCain until he shot himself in the dick with a Palin caliber round.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Harris is a shoe-in or anything, I just find it weird that people seem to think Trump's victory is inevitable and / or that nothing Democrats do will move the needle in their favor. Trump is still Trump, he's never won the popular vote, he's an historically unpopular candidate, actually having to campaign against someone whose citizenship he'd be inclined to question while his VP pick is South Asian is going to be a shit show, etc.

4 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

As always, I’m back and forth about the wisdom in this series of decisions and events. Of course I’ll be voting for Harris. Of the more standard Dems in the 2020 primary I actually liked her the most at the time.

Just very concerned about the coming disarray and chaos. 

If by disarray we mean the ground campaign and swing state strategy, sure, I can get on board with that. If it's the standard "DEMS IN DISARRAY" concern I continue to think that doesn't fucking matter at all, it's completely manufactured nonsense.

Obama’s “talent” however you want to define that word, was apparent before his win. At least, incredible charisma and public speaking ability. Though at times overrated when speaking off the cuff. A lot of “look,” then repeating prepped lines. 

I will always be able to hear him saying he inherited the worst economy since the Great Depression haha

• Halal 1

2 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

If by disarray we mean the ground campaign and swing state strategy, sure, I can get on board with that. If it's the standard "DEMS IN DISARRAY" concern I continue to think that doesn't fucking matter at all, it's completely manufactured nonsense.

More of the variety illustrated in this thread i.e. lack of faith in Kamala’s abilities/loyalty to Biden suppressing turnout in some form. That’s not me (even though I’ve loved Biden). It’s just concerning seeing it in others. So yeah I guess more the former of your examples.