Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

12 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

I was surprised at the despair when it seems this is clearly the right move, but then again I can’t keep ya’lls views straight in my head. 

I'm with @Commissar SFLUFAN at this point. If we're going to lose, at least we lost TRYING something as opposed to just driving in a straight line off the cliff.

1 minute ago, Spork3245 said:

Here’s why Harris is going to lose: her supporters think “coconut pilled” is a good meme/slang/whatever. 

No one wants to feel excluded so they join in.

• Halal 1

12 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Here’s why Harris is going to lose: her supporters think “coconut pilled” is a good meme/slang/whatever. 

I don’t even know what you’re talking about. 

Guys, you need to stop this despair bullshit. This is a good thing. The country is being ran really well by the Biden-Harris administration BUT he didn’t get credit because of peoples concerns about his age. Harris has the opportunity to capitalize on the benefit of good economy and incumbency. 

• stepee 1

Just now, outsida said:

How about no…

“Get coconut pilled” is the slogan people are using to say they support Harris. I really don’t know what you’re asking since I said this already, multiple people in here already used the slogan and posted memes with it thinking it’s good. It’s f’n awful.

• Halal 1

4 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Regardless of how we got here, the Democrats now need a full-court PR push to establish Harris in people's eyes before the RNC can.

Agreed. It’s time to support her however we can. Even if she loses, that doesn’t mean Biden would have won.  Harris poll numbers aren’t bad and in some pockets are good. I feel better now that Biden endorsed. 

17 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Any expectation that Biden would drop out shortly after the debate was completely unhinged; politics doesn't move that fast outside of Aaron Sorkin's jackoff fodder. 

Trump talks like he's got Wernicke's aphasia, Biden talks like he's got Broca's aphasia. For whatever reason the public seems to be less bothered by the former. But Trump barely makes sense almost all the time , he just does so quickly, relatively speaking.

I really appreciate you using proper medical terms and honestly it makes perfect sense haha. 

Trump rings true cuz he speaks like a populist on steroids. “I’m the best it will be the best this guy is the worst nobody does it better than me etc” 

It’s perfect for this day and age of morons with no depth of knowledge or attention span.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Rock the Vote '24: update (07/21) - Biden ends his candidacy, endorses Harris

“Get coconut pilled” is the slogan people are using to say they support Harris. I really don’t know what you’re asking since I said this already, multiple people in here already used the slogan and posted memes with it thinking it’s good. It’s f’n awful.

It’s a dumb thing, I said it because it’s dumb. You’re reading way too much into it. 

Ok, I still wasn’t aware of what you were talking. 

2 minutes ago, outsida said:

Guys, you need to stop this despair bullshit. This is a good thing. The country is being ran really well by the Biden-Harris administration BUT he didn’t get credit because of peoples concerns about his age. Harris has the opportunity to capitalize of the benefit of good economy and incumbency. 

It does stop the primary attack against the Democratic nominee. It stops the endless headlines about fitfulness and age. It forces the GOP to pivot, and be faced head-on with their racism and sexism. Now they have to debate abortion against a woman. This destabilizes their footing.

Now we just have to hope the party members respect Biden's endorsement and move on swiftly.

• Haha 1
  • Hype 1

I’m voting for and will support Harris, as I always said I would, btw. But, holy shit, let’s not push idiotic sayings that make zero sense thinking they’ll get her support - and I’m saying this in general about the DNC, not people here. It’s July, every fucking day until the election is critical.

1 minute ago, outsida said:

The Republican takes are horrible. Trump is still talking about Biden and Johnson is talking about concern for democratic voters votes in the primary. 

Because they have nothing, their entire operation was set up to fight Biden, they literally did not see any of this coming and were really hoping Biden was going to stay in.

• Hype 1

I’m voting for and will support Harris, as I always said I would, btw. But, holy shit, let’s not push idiotic sayings that make zero sense thinking they’ll get her support - and I’m saying this in general about the DNC, not people here.

So the DNC should cancel the coconut balloon drop at the convention? 

• Haha 1