Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

Just now, Massdriver said:

No immediate endorsement of Harris. 

The theory on Bluesky is that they're waiting until his COVID symptoms are gone so they can do a real announcement with Biden and Harris both there. I think that's plausible.

1 minute ago, PaladinSolo said:

Biden being president for a few more months anf if it is kamala is a good thing, otherwise the sheer chaos would be insane, plus she can go full on campaign while he runs the country. 

Correct. She can campaign full time since VP isn’t a real job. 

1 minute ago, Kal-El814 said:

I was wrong about Biden dropping out, but the way some of y'all have derp-pilled your way into thinking that literally everything Democrats do or don't do is good for Trump is astounding.

I was surprised at the despair when it seems this is clearly the right move, but then again I can’t keep ya’lls views straight in my head. 

• True 1
  • Halal 1

Just now, Kal-El814 said:

I was wrong about Biden dropping out, but the way some of y'all have derp-pilled your way into thinking that literally everything Democrats do or don't do is good for Trump is astounding.

I definitely think dicking around for the better part of a month not making a decision while newspapers print "they should run Mitt Romney" fantasy op-eds in the meantime meaningfully hurt the party. But I absolutely think Kamala can win if the party rallies around here now.

• Halal 1

12 minutes ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

Stepping down AND serving out his term.  Literally the worst option.

Fucking imbeciles.

You expected him to step down as president effective immediately? The fuq?

I’m not disappointed this happened, but I am disappointed this didn’t happen 12-18 months ago. The democrats better get their shit together, come together hard and fast. They need to be ready to fight Trump and the right wing media machine months ago. 

• True 1

1 minute ago, Ricofoley said:

I definitely think dicking around for the better part of a month not making a decision while newspapers print "they should run Mitt Romney" fantasy op-eds in the meantime meaningfully hurt the party. But I absolutely think Kamala can win if the party rallies around here now.

Any expectation that Biden would drop out shortly after the debate was completely unhinged; politics doesn't move that fast outside of Aaron Sorkin's jackoff fodder. 

5 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

Then again I got called a fascist on here for daring suggest Biden had declined a lot more in terms of presentation to the public than Trump long before the debate happened, so I shouldn’t be surprised. 

Trump talks like he's got Wernicke's aphasia, Biden talks like he's got Broca's aphasia. For whatever reason the public seems to be less bothered by the former. But Trump barely makes sense almost all the time , he just does so quickly, relatively speaking.

• True 1