Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

8 hours ago, 69los said:

AOC on live now

WWW.INSTAGRAM.COM

Welcome back to Instagram. Sign in to check out what your friends, family & interests have been capturing & sharing around the world.

She saying the elites, donors, and leadership that are trying to push Joe out also want Harris out. There is no consensus that Harris would be next in line.

Confirms there's $100M war chest that's specifically for the ticket and can't be used for any other candidate.

I swear the Democrats could lose a game of 52 pickup where they deal.  Publicly shitting on the candidate and entertaining a brokered convention is ridiculous, especially when fucking Trump is the opponent.

I'm done giving money to the Democrats if they whiff this one.  I'll keep voting for them because the alternative is shit, but they'll do without my tiny few hundred bucks every 2 years.

• True 1
  • Halal 1

44 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

AOC and Bernie are team Biden. People need to wake up and get behind him. The same people who are trying to oust Biden also tried to muzzle AOC and Bernie. Remember when Nancy spent more energy trying to control AOC than anything else?

Sadly because Bernie and AOC are behind Biden I know how this is going to turn out

It's weird seeing the corporate media become so blatant in its attempts to put its thumb on the scale.

Literally every single interview with Biden and his staffers has him declaring he's staying in the race.

Yet every ten minutes we get an article about him 'thinking about stepping down' from 'anonymous sources'.

We all know the media does this kind of manipulation, but usually they're shrewd enough to hide it.  Now they can't even be bothered.  It's surreal.

• True 3
  • Halal 2

13 minutes ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

It's weird seeing the corporate media become so blatant in its attempts to put its thumb on the scale.

Literally every single interview with Biden and his staffers has him declaring he's staying in the race.

Yet every ten minutes we get an article about him 'thinking about stepping down' from 'anonymous sources'.

We all know the media does this kind of manipulation, but usually they're shrewd enough to hide it.  Now they can't even be bothered.  It's surreal.

It's not even the anonymous "high level Democrat strategists" anymore.  That was seconds after the debate ended where the CNN panel was talking about how they were getting texts saying Biden needs to go.  Now you have Chuck and Nancy (Hakeem now I suppose) not keeping a lid on it with their people.  If he's been a senile barely there President for the past few years the Democrats have done an exceptional job keeping a tight lid on that fact, something that they've obviously let go of the past few weeks.  Hell, George Clooney waited for permission before he told reporters that the Biden he saw this year wasn't the same Biden as 4 years ago.

The media is certainly down to play their part for the ratings this gives them now and the fact that Trump is better for ratings overall, but Democrats are certainly giving them the material to work with.

Former President Trump makes a bold play for cinephiles after engaging them with a humorous anecdote tied to modern classic Silence of the Lambs.  A highly placed Democratic strategist is concerned with a growing disconnect between President Biden and the moviegoing public of this country.

• True 1
  • Halal 3

19 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

So millions of people finally saw Trump talk about Hannibal Lecter as if he is real last night.

Is the media going to call for him to drop out?

How do you know there's not someone named Hannibal Lector?

WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

The president is furious at how the party has tried to force him out, two sources say, as Democrats in Congress increasingly believe the question is when, not if, he will end his campaign.

“Can we all just remember for a minute that these same people who are trying to push Joe Biden out are the same people who literally gave us all Donald Trump? In 2015, Obama, Pelosi, Schumer pushed Biden aside in favor of Hillary; they were wrong then, and they are wrong now,” the source told NBC News.

“How did all this work out for everyone in 2016? Perhaps we should learn a few lessons from 2016; one of them is polls are BS — just ask Secretary Clinton. And two, maybe, just maybe, Joe Biden is more in touch with actual Americans than Obama-Pelosi-Schumer?” the source added in unusually blunt language that represents the views of those closest to Biden.

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Apparently part of that AOC thing last night is that the people trying to push Biden out want Lina Kahn out of her job. 

As an aside, she's the only person in the entire Biden administration who has been publicly praised by JD Vance.

• Haha 1

If they're going through with this, I'm never going to forgive them if they fuck it up. I'm DEFINITELY never going to forgive them if more info keeps leaking out suggesting that this is about specific policy grievances and not polling.

• Halal 2

2 hours ago, MarSolo said:

So millions of people finally saw Trump talk about Hannibal Lecter as if he is real last night.

Is the media going to call for him to drop out?

Well this is definitely making headlines because I just saw a few articles on it. It's not being overlooked and it's absolutely batshit crazy on his part. He's definitely losing his fuckin mind. 

• Halal 1

5 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

If they're going through with this, I'm never going to forgive them if they fuck it up. I'm DEFINITELY never going to forgive them if more info keeps leaking out suggesting that this is about specific policy grievances and not polling.

I don't think any of us are expecting that if Biden drops out, there will be a smooth and swift transition over to Harris. Self-serving opportunitists will take that as an opening to try and throw their hat in the ring and we will have a brokered convention.

1 minute ago, Reputator said:

I don't think any of us are expecting that if Biden drops out, there will be a smooth and swift transition over to Harris. Self-serving opportunitists will take that as an opening to try and throw their hat in the ring and we will have a brokered convention.

If they actually have a brokered convention (at a convention in Chicago, with protests going on outside, because I'm sure they'll be out there protesting Gaza stuff), I am going to become in the Joker

2 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

If they actually have a brokered convention (at a convention in Chicago, with protests going on outside, because I'm sure they'll be out there protesting Gaza stuff), I am going to become in the Joker

Let's just re-run the 1968 convention, for old time's sake!

• Halal 1

6 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Sure, or he could fill in for his dad!

We've already marked that one off the 1968 part II list, it didn't succeed despite the protective detail tripping over their own feet.

• True 1