Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

2 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

Kamala has an uphill fight, brokered conventions never lead to winning candidates no matter how much "blitz primary" spin you try and smear over the top.

I am all but certain that the result of Biden stepping down will be Harris heading the ticket and that there will be no brokered/open convention or "blitz primary".

1 minute ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

That's a constitutional impossibility as they're both from California.

I was not aware of that! Thank God. I WAS thinking a california ticket sounds like a horrible idea and I actually love California.

• Hugs 1

13 minutes ago, stepee said:

I’ve also seen people want a Harris/Gavin ticket - is there even any way in hell he would take a VP role?

I figure they'd probably go for Shapiro or Beshear, if they're interested.

1 minute ago, finaljedi said:

I figure they'd probably go for Shapiro or Beshear, if they're interested.

Beshear seems unlikely, he’s so young still and has time for his own moment 

I genuinely don't know who the the best candidate to run against Trump would be in a perfect world, but it's really hard not to be instinctively pulled towards RIdin' with Biden when Bernie and AOC have both given Biden their unabashed endorsements (and maybe gotten policy concessions from it if you believe the court reform announcement is not a coincidence), and on the other hand you have this completely disorganized looking panic coming from a bunch of unnamed donors and Adam Schiff.

4 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

I genuinely don't know who the the best candidate to run against Trump would be in a perfect world, but it's really hard not to be instinctively pulled towards RIdin' with Biden when Bernie and AOC have both given Biden their unabashed endorsements (and maybe gotten policy concessions from it if you believe the court reform announcement is not a coincidence), and on the other hand you have this completely disorganized looking panic coming from a bunch of unnamed donors and Adam Schiff.

The best candidate to run against Trump would have been one of the politicians building a national profile a year or two ago in an alternate reality where they convinced Biden to be a one term President from the jump.  The court reform stuff sounds nice, but he needs the republicans onboard and they own the court for the next 20 years...

1 minute ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Shapiro just got elected and Beshear just got re-elected.

In contrast, North Carolina's Cooper is term-limited.

Vance just got elected too so I don't know if I'd take them off the table.  But Cooper works too, they really need someone from the South or Midwest

1 minute ago, finaljedi said:

The best candidate to run against Trump would have been one of the politicians building a national profile a year or two ago in an alternate reality where they convinced Biden to be a one term President from the jump.

Agree, but that's another reason why I'm so frustrated with this attempt to replace him NOW, after the entire primary calendar has gone by. "Well, he looked bad in the debate." You didn't think that was possible before it happened? He had a bad primary debate in 2020 where he looked old and tired. That's a big reason why he had to mount a comeback after other candidates started dropping out.

• True 2

1 hour ago, PaladinSolo said:

I don't think 538 is wrong atm, its a long range model, its not predicting whos going to win now but in November, once we get toward the end of october polls will count a lot more on its odds, but right now its doing a lot of fundamental stuff like economy, incumbency, ect... If you're the trump campaign and you're seeing the Dem party in dissarray and you're in the middle of the RNC and Trump is having a hard time cracking 43% in two way polls, i'd be concerned. 

We could be seeing the high point of Trump's polling right now, or not, but typical elections don't see polling where 95% or more have chosen till late october, and right now we're seeing a lot of polls with high teens of undecideds, or 3rd parties, which i don't think will hold.

Just wanna re-up this with Silvers new site.

Screenshot_33.png?ex=66997046&is=66981ec

Its really hard to argue against 538s projection, it seems biden is done bottoming out and rising nationally, state polls will likely follow if hes rising nationally, but we have no idea whats going to happen in the next 3.5 months, but this could be Dems low point and GOPs high, or it might not be, long ways to go.  Also note Kennedy's little bump coincide with Biden dropping.

30 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

The best candidate to run against Trump would have been one of the politicians building a national profile a year or two ago in an alternate reality where they convinced Biden to be a one term President from the jump.  

In our reality, based on Biden's own words in this interview with BET yesterday, such an effort may have been an impossibility.

WWW.THEWRAP.COM

In an interview with BET, Biden sits down with Ed Gordon to talk about the importance of the Black vote for the democratic party ahead of November’s election day. 

1 hour ago, SuperSpreader said:

So we all agree Biden is the only choice!

I will Weekend at Bernie's him myself if I have to!

Joe already wears those sunglasses so I think we can fool people until after the election!

h_ErPZ.gif

• Haha 1
  • Halal 2

46 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Sorry keep finding new bits of data, lol. that 12% of dumb dumbs in the middle will decide our fate.

GSsuFdwXYAAlqhS?format=jpg&name=large

Reporter: "Sir, who will you vote for come this November? We have plenty of evidence of both of their records and ability to be president. One is an old man going senile with good intentions and a young team that has passed progressive policies through that help the poor, working and middle classes. The other is an unhinged, hypocritical lying sociopath too dumb to understand stealth planes aren't invisible to the naked eye."

Average person: "I'm not sure still after 9 years of Trump and Biden. Let me get back to you minutes before I vote in November when I check the price of gas."

What would be nice is if the 35-40% that are eligible to vote but never turn out to vote would actually fucking vote. It's pathetic that voter turnout usually hovers around 60% to 65% the past few times and lower than that in times past in this country. I don't know who those people are who never vote but given Trump's stranglehold on his side supporting him we need to get these people to vote. Trump got 62 million votes in 2016 and 74 million in 2020. That tells me he has 68-70 million cultists. These people won't budge. Hillary beat his 62 million with 65 million votes, but that wasn't enough to overcome the electoral college, she won her 65 million votes in the wrong states. Biden beat Trump's 74 million votes in 2020 with 81 million votes in the right states (just barely). We need that 35-40% of voters (approx. 80-100 million eligible voters) to add to that 81 million to really stop Trump that this country is just leaving on the table every presidential election. I'm assuming if you aren't a cultist you would probably vote for Biden but we've never breached a 66% voter turnout in our history. So how do we reach these voters?

• Haha 1

So Dems, are you done hurting yourselves yet?

NEVER!!!

fuck-balls.gif

This is like the major political party version of when you and your wife have an argument, it goes on for 6 hours, you're both just drained and exhausted, the fight is winding down but one of you just can't help but go, "I was just saying that....."

• Halal 1

I’m beginning to honestly wonder whether Pelosi and the Dem leadership don’t authentically want Trump back in office.  Otherwise they would have long ago made it clear to members of the party that calls for Biden to step down need to be made privately, behind closed doors, not publicly to the press, or else.  These public calls from random Congress critters for him to step down do literally nothing but help Trump, and I’m having a hard time believing the people making them don’t know that.

I mean, for a lot of them, another Trump presidency means even more donor money and a semi-permanent Hollywood bad guy to base your campaigns around.  No need to go retooling your message to the voters or anything.  It’s not totally out of the realm of possibility…

• Halal 3

3 minutes ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

I’m beginning to honestly wonder whether Pelosi and the Dem leadership don’t authentically want Trump back in office.  Otherwise they would have long ago made it clear to members of the party that calls for Biden to step down need to be made privately, behind closed doors, not publicly to the press, or else.  These public calls from random Congress critters for him to step down do literally nothing but help Trump, and I’m having a hard time believing the people making them don’t know that.

I mean, for a lot of them, another Trump presidency means even more donor money and a semi-permanent Hollywood bad guy to base your campaigns around.  No need to go retooling your message to the voters or anything.  It’s not totally out of the realm of possibility…

On 7/15/2024 at 8:14 PM, stepee said:

I guess dem leadership just decided that the only way to keep the old centralist guard in tact is a trump 24 victory