Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

Let’s be real: the big news outlets want Trump as president. Their ratings and the attention they received was never higher than under that shit-bag’s presidency. “Yea, right, Spork, they’re constantly trashing Trump and going after any little thing he does”… yea, no shit, it gets them attention and ratings. If Trump loses here he may finally actually go into obscurity, at least, after the 4-12 month long coup attempt. 
I’m not saying that these outlets are against Biden or are conspiring with Trump or whatever conspiracy theory some may think I’m stating. I’m saying that they give a big’ol 1960s sitcom-esq “that’s our Trump *womp womp*” reaction to his shit while over focusing on dumb shit from others right now to the point that it’s just flat out irresponsible. There’s been a real shift in coverage over the past 4-ish months, and it feels like it’s almost at a subconscious level.

• stepee 1
  • True 1
  • Halal 4

Trump most likely wins the election in November. That's all I've been reading and seeing since the assassination attempt. 

Biden dropping out has been completely over shadowed by Trump nearly being killed. 

So everybody needs to hold on to their butts. 

23 hours ago, Best said:

Trump most likely wins the election in November. That's all I've been reading and seeing since the assassination attempt. 

Biden dropping out has been completely over shadowed by Trump nearly being killed. 

So everybody needs to hold on to their butts. 

Every Month is Oct, that's the surprise! :sun:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PaladinSolo said:

🔴 Trump 43% (+2)

🔵 Biden 41%

Last poll - 🔴 Trump +3

Economist B+ - 1404 RV - 7/16

Voters "meh he kinda deserved it." 

This is from a Harris poll with a fairly heavy Republican lean:

"What is the root cause of Trump's shooting?"

• Deranged shooter: 24%
  • Trump and his own rhetoric: 23%
  • Rhetoric of Biden/Democrats: 13%
  • Political polarization: 12%
  • Lack of gun control: 11%
  • Mental health issues: 9%
  • News media rhetoric: 6%

HarrisX / July 15, 2024 / n=1918

• stepee 2

28 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

This is from a Harris poll with a fairly heavy Republican lean:

That's frickin crazy.

Of all issues I wouldn't have expected this dumb electorate to have a spread like that that seems.....pretty much right.....

• True 1

I don't think 538 is wrong atm, its a long range model, its not predicting whos going to win now but in November, once we get toward the end of october polls will count a lot more on its odds, but right now its doing a lot of fundamental stuff like economy, incumbency, ect... If you're the trump campaign and you're seeing the Dem party in dissarray and you're in the middle of the RNC and Trump is having a hard time cracking 43% in two way polls, i'd be concerned. 

We could be seeing the high point of Trump's polling right now, or not, but typical elections don't see polling where 95% or more have chosen till late october, and right now we're seeing a lot of polls with high teens of undecideds, or 3rd parties, which i don't think will hold.

• Halal 1

1 minute ago, Jason said:

I'm on team coconut at this point but jfc this protracted public drama is doing way more damage than the debate performance at this point 

Rep. Adam Schiff calls on Biden to drop out of presidential race

https://www.washingtonpost.com/elections/2024/07/17/adam-schiff-biden-drop-out/

They don't call him Shifty Schiff for nothing... in all seriousness this can't just be about the debate performance right? Like what the actual hell?

• Halal 1

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

They don't call him Shifty Schiff for nothing... in all seriousness this can't just be about the debate performance right? Like what the actual hell?

They're seeing private internal polling that's even worse than the public polling - that's what is going on.

2 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

They're seeing private internal polling that's even worse than the public polling - that's what is going on.

How much of this also are Democrats trying their own power play after smelling blood in the water?

• Halal 1

6 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I took it to mean they weren't impressed with him in their meetings.

1 minute ago, stepee said:

I’m still not sure what the worst way to handle this situation is, all I’m confident on is that democratic leadership will damn well find it

I'd say the way is being handled right now is right up there...or down there...whatever.

2 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I'd say the way is being handled right now is right up there...or down there...whatever.

That’s kind of what I meant :P

All I wanted as soon as this started was either they shut the fuck up or he steps down and I can’t believe neither has happened still.

The weakness of the GOP is evident in the fact that Dems are so bad at organizing around themselves and yet the Dems still win most of the time. Imagine what that party could achieve if they had any real discipline at all.

• Sad 1
  • Halal 1

Just now, SuperSpreader said:

Gavin? He's just a vehicle for big business. He'll be the b-b-bomb.

Yep. I don’t want Biden, who has been a lot more progressive than I ever thought he would be, to step down for White Obama.

• Halal 1

1 minute ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I genuinely don't think that's the case at all.  

The fact that they can't keep a lid on these discussions is what makes me think that way.  They keep hitting the media cycle refresh button on Biden being too old and half senile.  Trump caught 34 felonies and it seems ages ago, he could be brain damaged and they'd still circle the wagons and call his ramblings "based".  None of them are new at this, they know this is helping Trump.  Kamala has an uphill fight, brokered conventions never lead to winning candidates no matter how much "blitz primary" spin you try and smear over the top.

It shouldn't be Biden, but it is Biden and they need to roll with that instead of helping Trump, or at least keep the replacement talk to the backrooms.

• stepee 1
  • Halal 1