Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

Just now, Jason said:

jfc

WWW.WBEZ.ORG

Democrats had planned daily press conferences to highlight “the grave danger that Donald Trump and MAGA Republicans pose to our democracy, our rights and our livelihoods.” But with...

These fucking morons, man

• Halal 1

17 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

What incumbency advantage?!?

The one keeping this version of Biden in a dead heat with Trump. If this Biden showed up for the 2020 election, he would have been clobbered.

If dems don’t do everything they can to get the Teamsters endorsement, which shouldn’t be hard, when the other party literally opposes their existence, then my goodness. It says they are considering not endorsing anyone, they need to fix it.

I think a lot of this is just people trying to convince Biden to step aside, we're wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy out in this election still, hell the convention isn't for another month and a half.  No one will remember any of this by then.

• stepee 1

9 minutes ago, stepee said:

I mean it’ll probably be “elections”

I mean, the disheartening thing is that we are already a hair's breath away from "elections", really.

We are very much a boiling frog in this, and you wonder if there will even be a noticable moment when we slide from the uneven playing field we have now to being a downright faux Democracy like Russia.

I mean, we have gotten so close already and people have just accepted it as the new normal so I am not at all optimistic about how a second Trump term could finish breaking the country.

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

I did think of one positive thing with all this in that I think as we descend into fascism it will be easier for us to apply for asylum to other countries!

They won’t take us. Theres no running. 

• Halal 1

52 minutes ago, Jason said:

jfc

WWW.WBEZ.ORG

Democrats had planned daily press conferences to highlight “the grave danger that Donald Trump and MAGA Republicans pose to our democracy, our rights and our livelihoods.” But with...

:daydream: Dems gonna Dem. Bunch fucking Beta-Cucks.

• True 2

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

I mean they probably will take me.

I mean yeah if you’ve got a fat stack to invest you might stand a chance (but not if you need to use government services!) if you’re early but uh there’s simply too many Americans with a decent amount of cash that would qualify for programs designed for hnw individuals 

1 minute ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I mean yeah if you’ve got a fat stack to invest you might stand a chance (but not if you need to use government services!) if you’re early but uh there’s simply too many Americans with a decent amount of cash that would qualify for programs designed for hnw individuals 

Yeah I’ve checked around and it seems reasonably easy atm for me if I wanted to. There could always be a targeted asset freeze done tho or something so actually brb changing my voter registration and continuing to stay off of social media.

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

It's a dead heat nationally, but when it comes to the swing states...oh boy.

Only consolation is that there's still a huge number of undecideds, in most cases more than enough to offset the margin of error...if they're mostly Biden voters who are too annoyed with him to voice their support in a poll, there's hope.  If they're Trump voters who don't want to say they're Trump voters, we're screwed.  If they're true fence-sitters...who the hell knows.  I don't see how true fence-sitters can even exist given who the candidates are, unless they have the IQ of a chia pet. (Maybe that's the answer right there...)

1 minute ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

Only consolation is that there's still a huge number of undecideds, in most cases more than enough to offset the margin of error...if they're mostly Biden voters who are too annoyed with him to voice their support in a poll, there's hope.  If they're Trump voters who don't want to say they're Trump voters, we're screwed.  If they're true fence-sitters...who the hell knows.  I don't see how true fence-sitters can even exist given who the candidates are, unless they have the IQ of a chia pet. (Maybe that's the answer right there...)

Like I’m always telling people, I simply can’t decide between Trump and Biden because I like them both so much and I’d feel bad voting against either of them. I think there are lots of us out there!

3 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

How many popular vote-electoral vote divergent results can the country take?

Good thing the GOP has a plan to spare us from that happening ever again.