Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

2 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

I don't think a lot of people on the coasts realize how similar day to day life is

Basically. I rage a lot at the state government. But I’m financially well off, don’t have kids to raise in this shit school system, and can pretty well do what I want with my life. 

I’d still rage in California, I’d just have a lot less money doing it. 

• Halal 1

14 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Basically. I rage a lot at the state government. But I’m financially well off, don’t have kids to raise in this shit school system, and can pretty well do what I want with my life. 

I’d still rage in California, I’d just have a lot less money doing it. 

Plus you live so close to Mt. Nebo, who would want to give that up to live in some hot city with a bunch of bums pooping on the street?

2 hours ago, MarSolo said:

Biden is KILLING it at this rally:

WWW.THREADS.NET

Biden: Poor Donald. He can't even watch tv this week because it's shark week.

They finally got Biden to sit still long enough to pump him full of the magic drugs the Fox Cinematic Universe was telling us about before the debate.

• Hype 1

3 hours ago, SuperSpreader said:

I don't think a lot of people on the coasts realize how similar day to day life is

6 years in AZ and the only difference is that white people really love their guns. I’ve seen white dudes open carry at the grocery store but other than that nothing feels different than when I lived in CA. If i could afford to live at the beach in CA I’d get the fuck up outta here in two seconds. But my mortgage is $1500 a month on a 2300 sq ft house, so guess I’m dying here.

• Halal 1

5 minutes ago, Dodger said:

6 years in AZ and the only difference is that white people really love their guns. I’ve seen white dudes open carry at the grocery store but other than that nothing feels different than when I lived in CA. If i could afford to live at the beach in CA I’d get the fuck up outta here in two seconds. But my mortgage is $1500 a month on a 2300 sq ft house, so guess I’m dying here.

I can honestly only think of one time I’ve seen someone open carry in my current city. In over a decade. Not surprisingly it was at Walmart. 

3 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Plus you live so close to Mt. Nebo, who would want to give that up to live in some hot city with a bunch of bums pooping on the street?

It’s been years since I visited Mt Nebo. There are some awesome parks along the Arkansas River Trail system near my house and that’s pretty sweet. 

I think I’ve said it before but my husband’s best friend lived out in Silicon Valley when working at Apple, Reddit, then Airbnb and he hated it. Said homeless people shit everywhere. He retired a couple years ago, had a place on the outskirts of Fayetteville on 30 acres and is happy. And he’s not a redneck or typical Arkansan. He’s a liberal vegetarian hippie eccentric with long hair and a long beard. 

Not down in Silicon Valley, I’ve never seen anything like that there and spent a fair amount of time in San Mateo, Palo Alto, Red Wood City etc.

SF sure in certain neighborhoods like TL, Mission, Haight but it’s not nearly to the level everyone thinks it is, fiancés bday was spent in the mission district and didn’t see any of that on the streets actually. 

Also this message sent from work where I’m wearing Pride symbols on my uniform and have already made year to date 2.5 more than my best grossing year in Baltimore and we’re the same profession.

26 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

Not down in Silicon Valley, I’ve never seen anything like that there and spent a fair amount of time in San Mateo, Palo Alto, Red Wood City etc.

SF sure in certain neighborhoods like TL, Mission, Haight but it’s not nearly to the level everyone thinks it is, fiancés bday was spent in the mission district and didn’t see any of that on the streets actually. 

Also this message sent from work where I’m wearing Pride symbols on my uniform and have already made year to date 2.5 more than my best grossing year in Baltimore and we’re the same profession.

I can wear Pride symbols at work, too. And im probably doing as well as you are when adjusted for cost of living. I have no mortgage, no other debts, I afford what I want and I’m on track for early retirement. I’m socking away money left and right in retirement and investments. :shrug:

8 hours ago, TUFKAK said:

Laughs in San Francisco 😉

Did it for 15+ years. 🤷‍♂️ It's beautiful but we're all on asphalt and concrete. I work with/deal with/cope with tech and they're the most toxic people in my life along with religious upbringing and my college GF. Also the Peninsula is the most boring place on Earth. Unless you're in SF, N Bay, Oakland it's miserable. (Which we spent 6+yrs in)

I'll only grant exception of uniqueness to two places. NYC and Boston. Those are places where life really is different.

Spoiler

33 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

Did it for 15+ years. 🤷‍♂️ It's beautiful but we're all on asphalt and concrete. I work with/deal with/cope with tech and they're the most toxic people in my life along with religious upbringing and my college GF. Also the Peninsula is the most boring place on Earth. Unless you're in SF, N Bay, Oakland it's miserable. (Which we spent 6+yrs in)

I'll only grant exception of uniqueness to two places. NYC and Boston. Those are places where life really is different.

Hide contents

Life here in the bay is unlike anywhere I’ve lived/was stationed at was my point. Not to mention PRIDE here is fucking wild and the rest of the year is like PRIDE  events in other cities. 

Tech bros are known to be that of course but that’s not representative of the entirety of the bay either, saying the peninsula is the most boring place tells me you’ve never lived in Kentucky 😂. That place had me longing to take a ricochet at the range. I prefer the east bay to Silicon Valley but still enjoy the south with that said. I live a normal suburban life/non competitive bodybuilder life now but I know I just need to go to North Beach for crazy shit to happen; at least in the kink life.

North bay just for the bored trophy wives made it my favorite place in the bay; that’s where I met the woman I had to sign an NDA for etc but otherwise way too many of “those rich people.”

17 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

North bay just for the bored trophy wives made it my favorite place in the bay; that’s where I met the woman I had to sign an NDA for etc but otherwise way too many of “those rich people.”

where the antivax liberals are

18 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

not representative of the entirety of the bay

true but it was/is my day to day life

on the plus side I'm currently on track to retire in my early 50s?

17 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

tells me you’ve never lived in Kentucky 😂.

Guilty as charged

11 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I’m in a position where I can at least afford to travel out of state if I need abortion access, but since my husband is fixed it likely won’t be an issue. 

The bigotry sucks, but I can ignore most of it and I’m in a straight passing relationship. 

at the end of the day, I don’t really want to sacrifice all I’ve made for myself here to start over new somewhere I can’t afford to maintain the lifestyle I enjoy so much now. 

Almost heaven, West(ern) Virginia 
Blue Ridge Mountains
Shenandoah River –
Life is old there
Older than the trees
Younger than the mountains
Growin like a breeze

The conversations now are in Biden's favor it seems. The rally in Detroit was very successful and it kinda takes the pressure of the debate and the recent conference. 

So at least some better news is circulating now. 

• Thanks 1
  • Hugs 1

Just now, Best said:

The conversations now are in Biden's favor it seems. The rally in Detroit was very successful and it kinda takes the pressure of the debate and the recent conference. 

So at least some better news is circulating now. 

Americans have short attention spans. Dems have no strategy or planning or discipline when it comes to politics and like to hear themselves talk so they keep things in the news that they would better off if they just shrugged it off.

• True 1

Time is Biden’s friend, because indeed, our collective attention span is short. It’s why Biden should forego any more debates. That is a bad format for him, and the most likely place for him to really stumble.

On the topic of regional differences…I honestly have found much more sameness across major American cities than differences, no matter their location. I can understand preferences for the particular differences though.

• Halal 1

4 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

A teleprompter and a sympathetic audience will tend to make anyone sound better than if they are speaking off the cuff.  I'm not convinced that he is capable of another 4 years of service.

He's not but it's either that or white Christian nationalism. 

7 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

A teleprompter and a sympathetic audience will tend to make anyone sound better than if they are speaking off the cuff.  I'm not convinced that he is capable of another 4 years of service.

But we also know that Trump wasn’t, isn’t, and never will be. 

• True 1

4 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

But we also know that Trump wasn’t, isn’t, and never will be. 

What are you talking about? Bigliest stablest genius of my lifetime.

“Now they’ll say all these stories are terrible. Well, these stories have, you know, you heard my story in the boat with the shark, right? I got killed on that. They thought I was rambling. I’m not rambling. …

“We can’t get the boat to float. The battery is so heavy. So then I start talking about asking questions. You know, I have an, I had an uncle who was a great professor at MIT for many years, long, I think the longest tenure ever. Very smart, had three different degrees and, you know, so I have an aptitude for things. You know, there is such a thing as an aptitude.

“I said, ‘Well, what would happen if this boat is so heavy and started to sink and you’re on the top of the boat. Do you get electrocuted or not?’ In other words, the boat is going down and you’re on the top, will the electric currents flow through the water and wipe you out?

“And let’s say there’s a shark about 10 yards over there. Would I have to immediately abandon, or could I ride the electric down? And he said, ‘Sir, nobody’s ever asked us that question. But sir, I don’t know.’ I said, ‘Well, I want to know, because I guarantee you one thing, I don’t care what happens. I’m staying with the electric, I’m not getting over with it.’

“So I tell that story. And the fake news they go, ‘he told this crazy story with electric.’ It’s actually not crazy. It’s sort of a smart story, right? Sort of like, you know, it’s like the snake, it’s a smart when you, you figure what you’re leaving in, right? You’re bringing it in the, you know, the snake, right? The snake and the snake. I tell that and they do the same thing.”

I always remember how anyone talking to trump needed to put his name on like every page he was to see or read or he’d lose interest in whatever was being discussed. 

Trump barely has object permanence yet Biden has the concern trolling. Play peek a boo with Trump and I bet he get super excited 

2 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:
WWW.NYTIMES.COM

Enough! It’s time for Democrats to stop the bickering and nit-picking.

I have to have an account to read the article. 

But just based off the title, yes, Biden isn't going to be replaced so everyone must rally around him and support his every step. 

I'm seeing and reading a ton lately since being more active here and I now see how bad Trump really is. He must be stopped. I genuinely mean that. 

• stepee 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Halal 1