Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

21 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

CO2 emissions have decreased in the United States over the last few decades due to switching from inefficient coal to cheaper natural gas for power production.

Theres a lot of things to be said about why this is, but one thing is for certain: government has a very heavy hand in why this is happening, and it’s in large part because we don’t want to breathe in coal effluence 

Government investments have helped slash the price of alternative energies, along with mandating more fuel efficient vehicles, and now creating a green energy manufacturing boom through the Inflation Reduction Act. 

2 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

What about a third party option like RFK Jr?

Wait... what's that? He has a worm where?

Russian bots online encouraging dumb libs to vote for Jill Stein instead

Also Hillary actually does carry hot sauce with her she's tougher than most the gentiles itt

• True 1

31 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Theres a lot of things to be said about why this is, but one thing is for certain: government has a very heavy hand in why this is happening, and it’s in large part because we don’t want to breathe in coal effluence 

16 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Government investments have helped slash the price of alternative energies, along with mandating more fuel efficient vehicles, and now creating a green energy manufacturing boom through the Inflation Reduction Act. 

I would argue those changes in energy policy were more driven by economics than any effort to actually mitigate global warming.  If you give consumers a choice between incredibly inexpensive solar or a more expensive coal power plant, people are going to choose the more economical one most of the time.  

Which goes to my point:  If you want to solve (or at least mitigate) climate change, giving consumers and industry a choice that is cheaper and cleaner is the way to go.  

I love how the party had a meeting to claim they're backing Biden only for it to be very clear there was no consensus and more reps continued to ask him to withdraw.  I feel like theres probably more than half of congressional Dems that are just too afraid to say its over for Joe.

• True 1
  • Sicko 1

28 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

I love how the party had a meeting to claim they're backing Biden only for it to be very clear there was no consensus and more reps continued to ask him to withdraw.  I feel like theres probably more than half of congressional Dems that are just too afraid to say it’s over for Joe.

That’s the Democratic Party in a nutshell. 

WWW.COOKPOLITICAL.COM

As of July 9, the Democratic Party is living in a state of suspended animation. Despite growing calls from many in his party to leave the contest, President Joe Biden has made clear he has no intention of dropping out.

Not what you want. It's paywalled, but the states are AZ, GA, MN, NE-02, NH, NV. I think a lot of this damage is self-inflicted at this point, as Dems keep the story in the news without actually taking any action. If there's not going to be a complete rally around Biden, it might be better to rip the bandaid off at this point

• Halal 1

6 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Not to mention the proliferation of ethanol thanks to the absurd subsidies the government doled out, including the farmers growing the corn.

7 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

According to CNN, during today's Senate meeting, Tester, Brown, and Bennet said that Biden can't win.

For those keeping score:

GSEzea3a0AEyDOw?format=jpg&name=900x900

I would be mad at Landsman and Brown, but they're both up for re-election in the once swing state of Ohio.  I've donated to both of them in the past, this doesn't make me want to toss them a few bucks this year.

edit: I just saw this Hill article

THEHILL.COM

px-captcha

Landsman’s district, which includes Cincinnati, is generally considered a safe one for Democrats. The Cook Political Report currently lists it as “likely Democrat,” and The Hill/Decision Desk HQ’s election forecaster currently gives Landsman an 85 percent chance of winning in November.

Huh?  Landsman booted Chabot out after his useless ass was parked in that seat since 1995, with one 2 year break when he lost an election in 2009.  That district has been gerrymandered for decades to split the Democrats in Cincinnati across two districts that snake out into the suburbs and rural areas.

WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

The former House speaker said, “I want him to do whatever he decides to do."

NYT clickbaiting the F out of this, of course:

WWW.NYTIMES.COM

Representative Nancy Pelosi, a longtime Biden ally and the former speaker, is the most senior member of his party who has so far suggested he consider dropping out.

I was watching live footage of Biden being interviewed right be entering the plan a day or so ago. He couldn't answer the question. He said "look......, anyway" and walked away. 

The guy is absolutely fuckin fried. 

11 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

I do like that we're at a point where the only bad shit people are saying about Biden is "AGE" and literally zero talk or concern over record, policies, or plans he has for a second term.

Nobody actually cares about any of that stuff

• Sicko 1

26 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

9yM6ewU.png

This is the landing page for CNN.  How does a Democrat win an election with headlines like those on the left on CNN?

News media is complacent in propping up Joe the last 4 years.  On one hand, I'm glad they are finally talking about Biden's weaknesses.  But on the other hand, they should have been discussing this from the day he took the oath of office.  

The media has been talking about Biden's age for years at this point. The debate and relatively short time until the election has put Biden under a microscope, but I honestly have no idea how anyone could say that Biden's age, his comparative slowness, etc., were either unknown or not reported by the media.

3 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

The media has been talking about Biden's age for years at this point. The debate and relatively short time until the election has put Biden under a microscope, but I honestly have no idea how anyone could say that Biden's age, his comparative slowness, etc., were either unknown or not reported by the media.

Fox News certainly covered these aspects of Joe Biden, but MSNBC and CNN seemed to downplay it up until a few weeks ago.  On the other hand, CNN and MSNBC pretty much covered Trump's faults non-stop while he was president while Fox refused to.

Corporate media that plays sides is not in the best interests of the nation. 

• Halal 1

42 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

9yM6ewU.png

This is the landing page for CNN.  How does a Democrat win an election with headlines like those on the left on CNN?

Personally, I'm glad it's settled that Giuliani is a human plague.

• Haha 4

Just now, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

“The media” is in the bag for Trump, they love the guy, he’s good for their business

This is what I'm seeing as far as cable media goes, especially CNN, but are the major networks in it for him too?

24 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

My dear friend, not but a week before the debate the mainstream media was parroting the “cheap fakes” claims of the administration about the myriad video examples of Biden fumbling in public like he did at the debate. They were circling the wagons until the debate when people got to see it live and unedited, so there was no room for the hand waving about just how bad a shape he is in.

So much so that the lovely people on this very board, people who are more with what’s going on in the world than the average, were taking a dump on @Best for pointing out how bad Biden had become.

• True 1

That last part is more about the fake concern trolling than about Biden himself tbf. But also

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

I do like that we're at a point where the only bad shit people are saying about Biden is "AGE" and literally zero talk or concern over record, policies, or plans he has for a second term.

That part of things too.

23 minutes ago, stepee said:

That last part is more about the fake concern trolling than about Biden himself tbf. But also

That part of things too.

Americans are all about vibes, they’re too myopic for anything more than that.

• True 1