Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

56 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

This is the bullshit I'm talking about. This is fucking nothing. As someone who's had to speak / present / run training sessions at countless investigator meetings, I can say with 100% certainty that there are TONS of meetings where people would benefit from visual aides to show them where to go. After your 12th meeting in your 12th hotel where you're delivering the same content for the 12th time after you get off a 12 hour flight, a lot of bullshit goes onto autopilot and it's genuinely very easy to think that you should come onto the stage from the right because that's what you did for the last 6 times and that ain't right this time. I'm sure we're due one hot mic moment where someone on the AV team forgets to mute Biden's mic when he goes to take a shit and we'll get a million ostensibly very serious articles about how he should have realized that green light was on despite the fact that wouldn't be his job.

There are myriad reasons to be concerned about Biden's cognitive health. That someone handed him a visual aid to guide him to the 27th podium he's had to walk to in the last 3 weeks simply is not one of them.

I don't do any of that, but before I travel I generally find google street view of where I'm going to be and pictures of the airport so I can know how to get to ground transportation before I get there instead of going in cold and looking for signs.  I have a 12 hour layover in San Francisco in October and a 4.5 layover in Osaka, looking into what I can do with that has been a whole thing.

I'm also someone who's every movement in the world doesn't have to be coordinated with a few federal departments and with dozens of people

48 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Maybe the Democrats shouldn't have picked such a weak candidate?

You don't save a wounded man who is being circled by sharks.

He polled better than just about anyone else. Tell me who would be a good candidate?

1 hour ago, mclumber1 said:

Maybe the Democrats shouldn't have picked such a weak candidate?

You don't save a wounded man who is being circled by sharks.

The navy does excel at leaving marines to die.

On 7/4/2024 at 12:33 PM, stepee said:

One thing that I think helps is to always remember that no matter what, it’s never too late to start a dry wall business. 

Check out this @sblfilms simulator on steam

STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

Start almost penniless and create your own journey. Demolish, build, decorate and purchase your own land. Build your own design, decorate and sell by auction. Create your own company and do all of this with your friends up to 4 players CO-OP in an open-world.

• Hype 1

18 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

This is the bullshit I'm talking about. This is fucking nothing. As someone who's had to speak / present / run training sessions at countless investigator meetings, I can say with 100% certainty that there are TONS of meetings where people would benefit from visual aides to show them where to go. After your 12th meeting in your 12th hotel where you're delivering the same content for the 12th time after you get off a 12 hour flight, a lot of bullshit goes onto autopilot and it's genuinely very easy to think that you should come onto the stage from the right because that's what you did for the last 6 times and that ain't right this time. I'm sure we're due one hot mic moment where someone on the AV team forgets to mute Biden's mic when he goes to take a shit and we'll get a million ostensibly very serious articles about how he should have realized that green light was on despite the fact that wouldn't be his job.

There are myriad reasons to be concerned about Biden's cognitive health. That someone handed him a visual aid to guide him to the 27th podium he's had to walk to in the last 3 weeks simply is not one of them.

You make some good points, but have you thought about how you would feel about this if you were a dumb stupid idiot garbage person with zero media savvy or critical thinking skills and you were hard-wired to only seek out information that confirms all of your biases?

9 minutes ago, ort said:

You make some good points, but have you thought about how you would feel about this if you were a dumb stupid idiot garbage person with zero media savvy or critical thinking skills and you were hard-wired to only seek out information that confirms all of your biases?

Insulting voters is a great way to win elections. Source: Trump 2020

25 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Imagine a libertarian having a take on winning elections, LMAO, it'd be like me offering advice on how to dunk a basketball.

What IS your advice on dunking a basketball?

41 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Imagine a libertarian having a take on winning elections, LMAO, it'd be like me offering advice on how to dunk a basketball.

I dunno, I think with the 15-or-so people that post here, D1P could be very influential and can make or break Biden's election.

From Jake Sherman, NBC, on Twitter:

"INSIDE THE ROOM -- The House Democratic Caucus meeting about President Joe Biden's political standing is starting to empty out.

One House Democrat supportive of Biden told me it "felt like a funeral."

There is definitely no consensus on Biden. Lots of talk about how difficult the situation is for Dems. 

Rep. Jahana Hayes (D-Conn.) said that putting Harris atop the ticket would be setting her up for failure. 

Rep. Mark Takano (D-Calif.) said he saw a poll recently that had Biden losing in his district. Biden won his district with 62% of the vote last time."

Oliver supports letting the free market find the solution to climate change. He contends that if businesses are left alone, they will be incentivized to develop technologies that will eventually replace current carbon-based fuels.

lol, lmao even

• Haha 4

36 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

I align with Chase Oliver on just about every issue except foreign policy.  

Oliver supports abolishing the United States Department of Education, and advocates "for more choice in the education marketplace on a state-by-state basis".

:jordan:

The saddest thing about libertarians is that they almost certainly make members buy their own clown shoes.