Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

IDK. I watched the ABC interview and he is not good, period. I don't care what anyone says he is slowly dying in front of us. I get Trump is terrible in other regards but he is know doubt better off health wise than Biden. By a lot! Trump can speak and carrying on conversation and run debates and rallies. 

I am bewildered honestly. No way in hell Biden can be president for 4 more years. And it seems nobody here has any concrete answers as to what to do just like the democratic party. 

Don't take this as me favoring Trump either. 

• True 1
  • Wrong 1

18 minutes ago, Best said:

IDK. I watched the ABC interview and he is not good, period. I don't care what anyone says he is slowly dying in front of us. I get Trump is terrible in other regards but he is know doubt better off health wise than Biden. By a lot! Trump can speak and carrying on conversation and run debates and rallies. 

I am bewildered honestly. No way in hell Biden can be president for 4 more years. And it seems nobody here has any concrete answers as to what to do just like the democratic party. 

Win the election.

As Republicans have shown time and time again winning is all that matters. The raw accumulation of power is all that matters.

After Biden wins he can step down or drop dead. As bad of a campaigner as Kamala is I have little doubt she would be a fine president. That's the plan.  Not too complicated.

Yes 2028 then becomes a problem, but this circles back to the issue of people trying to come up with this fairytale scenario of some great Democratic ticket. I am worried about walking, not flying.  Beating Trump NOW is all that matters NOW. 

• True 1
  • Halal 5

30 minutes ago, Best said:

Vote for the policies you want or maybe in your case the ones that will do the least amount of damage.  Besides Kamala is right there ready to take over when he does have to step down which i do think is extremely likely if he wins, imagining whatever ghoul Trump picks for his VP taking over when he croaks is not a good thought.

• Thanks 1

Biden isn’t going to croak in the next 4 years. If by some rare fluke he does then Kamala takes over and things continue on the same path. It’s not like Biden dying in office leads to an outcome worse than Trump.

31 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

After Biden wins he can step down or drop dead. As bad of a campaigner as Kamala is I have little doubt she would be a fine president. That's the plan.  Not too complicated.

I think that was the plan already but because Trump didn't go away Biden stuck it out.

At this point, I just want Democrats to commit to either sticking with Biden or going with Kamala. All focus needs to stop being on that and start being in Project 2025 and the accomplishments of the last 4 years.

• True 2
  • Halal 1

2 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

The NYT should have shuttered its doors years ago. This is mind-numbingly stupid. As if race hasn't played a huge role in this and saying a white man will help redefine it . . . yikes.

Their reporting is okay, but their entire editorial side is compromised, and it's well known.

• True 1

2 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Their reporting is okay, but their entire editorial side is compromised, and it's well known.

The "don't vote I don't" thing they just ran was by an incel Nazi who does in fact vote.

1 hour ago, stepee said:

I mean, why wouldn’t we take a trump voter as favoring trump :P

I'm absolutely not voting for Trump this year. I thought I made that perfectly clear through the last few months. You keep trying to insinuate I'm a Trump supporter. I was a few years ago and that is because I got all my news from fox news. I do not watch any of that now and I get a lot of my news feeds through CNN. So please stop with that. 

I liked to be educated in this section so please don't ever think I'm trolling etc. It's just a bad situation all around right now. 

• Halal 1

4 minutes ago, Best said:

I'm absolutely not voting for Trump this year. I thought I made that perfectly clear through the last few months. You keep trying to insinuate I'm a Trump supporter. I was a few years ago and that is because I got all my news from fox news. I do not watch any of that now and I get a lot of my news feeds through CNN. So please stop with that. 

I liked to be educated in this section so please don't ever think I'm trolling etc. It's just a bad situation all around right now. 

To give credit, You're trying to educate yourself and I'm glad you're doing that. Maybe even go a step further and consider mixing in a few more news feeds than just CNN.

With that said, we will point out when we feel you're using GOP talking points in your post or in off remarks. In those cases, it's best to review what you posted to see why we might be calling it out (or just ask). :D

• Halal 2

4 minutes ago, chakoo said:

To give credit, You're trying to educate yourself and I'm glad you're doing that. Maybe even go a step further and consider mixing in a few more news feeds than just CNN.

With that said, we will point out when we feel you're using GOP talking points in your post or in off remarks. In those cases, it's best to review what you posted to see why we might be calling it out (or just ask). :D

I understand. I just posted what I have been witnessing with Biden. I already learned a ton just by reading all the posts in this particular thread. It's just ashame where this all stands right now. 

• Halal 3

12 minutes ago, Best said:

I understand. I just posted what I have been witnessing with Biden. I already learned a ton just by reading all the posts in this particular thread. It's just ashame where this all stands right now. 

Trust me, we all are. This country shouldn't have let it get to this point in the first place. I've voiced my distaste for the government being run by senior citizens. I just wouldn't go so far as to say Biden is dying before our eyes. 

15 minutes ago, chakoo said:

Trust me, we all are. This country shouldn't have let it get to this point in the first place. I've voiced my distaste for the government being run by senior citizens. I just wouldn't go so far as to say Biden is dying before our eyes. 

He'd be 86 at the end of a 2nd term, him dying or being unable to finish the term are probably the most likely outcomes regardless of any current ailments or issues.

3 hours ago, Best said:

I get Trump is terrible in other regards but he is know doubt better off health wise than Biden. By a lot! Trump can speak and carrying on conversation and run debates and rallies. 

I know you said you're not supporting Trump this go around and I can see you're really trying to turn the page! This is good. However, I want to address what I've bolded here. This is simply not true and is a GOP "talking point". Have you heard Trump at his rallies? Having energy and yelling a lot doesn't mean you can speak and carry on conversations. Trump's brain is mush. I'm not sure if you saw it but he's discussed Hannibal Lector being alive and being great ("the late, great Hannibal Lector"). Hannibal Lector is a fictional character who is not alive. He's talked about how electric boats won't work because when the boat is sinking the water will get on the electric battery and electrocute you and he frames this as a scenario where it's either a shark attacks you or you choose to get electrocuted (this is not how electric boats work). He's talked about how electric planes won't work at night, confusing electric and solar like a complete idiot. He believes stealth planes are invisible to the naked eye, not just radar. He thinks windmills kill birds en masse and causes cancer in humans as reasons to be against wind and solar energy to combat climate change. He thinks nukes could stop hurricanes and thought we should inject bleach into ourselves to combat Covid. So are you sure Trump can speak and carry on conversations? He's not running debates and rallies, his team is.

Saying with energy, in the debate, "Ukraine Ukraine Ukraine, Russia Russia Russia" makes you sound nuts. I'd take Biden having a long moment of senility than this any day. Biden might be old/slow/senile, but he hasn't said even 1% of the crazy, brain mush shit Trump has over the years so it really is unfair to Biden to suggest that Biden's senility is worse than Trump's. Trump's is worse, he's just able to hide it behind energy and loudness and anger. He's only three years younger than Biden, let's not act like there's some big gap in age/senility here. The only difference is the GOP doesn't care and the Democrats do because Democrats at least want a working and functional government whereas the GOP just wants to win even if it means burning everything to the ground. Different standards, which is hypocritical, but here we are.

• stepee 1
  • Halal 1

31 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

He'd be 86 at the end of a 2nd term, him dying or being unable to finish the term are probably the most likely outcomes regardless of any current ailments or issues.

While being old has a higher chance of dying, him being 86 by the end of his term doesn't make him dying the most likely outcome. A president is afforded the best care on the planet. They kept Trump's fat ass alive from covid.

3 hours ago, PaladinSolo said:

Anyways, more polls from swing states, and uhhh things aren't so bad, PA poll only one heading the wrong way from Morning Consult. I guess it's his best result of the cycle even. 

GRzmSZxWcAE9zUg?format=jpg&name=large

Yeah, unless his polling craters I’m tentatively in the ‘stick with Biden’ camp with Chairslinger, for now.  Just get past the election finish line.  Then the leadership can twist his arm all they want and have him step down for the greater good.

I just worry about Kamala’s ability to win essential states like Wisconsin and Pennsylvania, and the headwinds of racism/sexism.  If Joe’s numbers don’t change as a result of this debate flub I think he still has the best shot.  If his numbers collapse I’ll head in the direction of the ‘put in Kamala’ camp, though.

But I second what SaysWho? said—the most important thing is for the Dems to make a decision and stop prolonging this negative news cycle.  You’re up against an authoritarian takeover of the country, guys—stop shitting the bed.

• True 1

33 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

I'm not sure if you saw it but he's discussed Hannibal Lector being alive and being great ("the late, great Hannibal Lector"). Hannibal Lector is a fictional character who is not alive.

But in the fiction he is still alive which makes this an even deeper conundrum! 🤔

• True 1

LOL at anyone seriously thinking Kamala could win against Trump. Has everyone forgotten how hateful, bigoted, and sexist much of this country is, particularly in the swing states that matter? It's a damning conclusion, but this is the case. She'd get demolished. 

• True 2
  • Halal 1

1 hour ago, Greatoneshere said:

I'm not sure if you saw it but he's discussed Hannibal Lector being alive and being great ("the late, great Hannibal Lector"). Hannibal Lector is a fictional character who is not alive

Wait, you don’t know what “late” means in this context?

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

That’s the thing, even if he was talking about Anthony Hopkins himself… Anthony Hopkins is still alive!

As Keyser mentioned, what's funnier is even in the books/movies, Hannibal Lector (the character) is still alive as well. So it's stupid in two ways, which is typical Trump.

• Haha 2