Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

Trump reminds me of the Joker in Batman 1989. I just watched it again last night and Trump reminds me of the Joker when Vicki Vale splashes water in his face. And the Joker keeps screaming "I'm melting , I'm melthing"!

haha. 

NEWREPUBLIC.COM

Mark Robinson, the GOP nominee for governor in North Carolina, has a long history of incendiary comments. But he may have topped himself this time.

Considering this is not a deep red state I don't think this dude is going to win, but my god does the gop know how to pick em. 

• Guillotine 1

I've seen so many people say "maybe Biden should drop out" over the last few days.

HE CAN'T. Kamala would probably get fucking destroyed by Trump in the election (she's a black woman and a cop, two things a lot of the people in this country hate for various reasons). The time to pick someone other than Biden was a couple years ago, back when (not to toot my own horn) I FUCKING SAID Biden should declare he's not going to run for a second term, and most of you clowned on me for that.

Now we have a dangerous amount of people who are apathetic at best towards another Biden term, and as we all know, lower voter turnout=higher probability of conservatives winning.

I don't say it to sound all doomer, and I think on a local/state level things are trending up, but on a federal/court/executive level, things are looking bleak.

• stepee 1

7 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

I've seen so many people say "maybe Biden should drop out" over the last few days.

HE CAN'T. Kamala would probably get fucking destroyed by Trump in the election (she's a black woman and a cop, two things a lot of the people in this country hate for various reasons). The time to pick someone other than Biden was a couple years ago, back when (not to toot my own horn) I FUCKING SAID Biden should declare he's not going to run for a second term, and most of you clowned on me for that.

Now we have a dangerous amount of people who are apathetic at best towards another Biden term, and as we all know, lower voter turnout=higher probability of conservatives winning.

I don't say it to sound all doomer, and I think on a local/state level things are trending up, but on a federal/court/executive level, things are looking bleak.

Or we could pretend Biden and Harris got hit with a meteor and proceed with an open convention. Seems logical to roll the dice on a midwest Governor if everyone is so sure Biden or Harris is going to lose. 

5 minutes ago, Jwheel86 said:

Or we could pretend Biden and Harris got hit with a meteor and proceed with an open convention. Seems logical to roll the dice on a midwest Governor if everyone is so sure Biden or Harris is going to lose. 

The thing is I'm not sure Biden is going to lose. He might win. Kamala FOR SURE would lose. And a lot of states have already had their primaries, so while that doesn't mean it's impossible that they pick someone other than Biden at the convention, that also just means unless they stumbled across another Obama, whoever they picked would probably lose, too.

Biden is who we got, for better or worse. The time to pick someone other than him was 2-3 years ago.

• True 1

1 hour ago, Fizzzzle said:

I will support anyone other than Trump, but the positive takes on Kamala I have seen just baffle me. Have you watched a speech by this woman? She is sooooo awkward. She makes Hillary look like fricking Obama by comparison.

The one positive is that we could blow past the old age question, but once the rightwing media machine gets ahold of her I am not sure how Kamala isn't just a less electable Hillary.

And that's really the problem with all of this. I am not saying Biden, Hillary, or even Kerry weren't flawed candidates.....but ultimately the problem is that the fricking rightwing media in this country is a propaganda juggernaut that any of the dictators of the 20th Century would have killed for! You think Newsom won't be the poster boy for failed liberal financial and immigration policies the second he is nominated?

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

I will support anyone other than Trump, but the positive takes on Kamala I have seen just baffle me. Have you watched a speech by this woman? She is sooooo awkward. She makes Hillary look like fricking Obama by comparison.

The one positive is that we could blow past the old age question, but once the rightwing media machine gets ahold of her I am not sure how Kamala isn't just a less electable Hillary.

And that's really the problem with all of this. I am not saying Biden, Hillary, or even Kerry weren't flawed candidates.....but ultimately the problem is that the fricking rightwing media in this country is a propaganda juggernaut that any of the dictators of the 20th Century would have killed for! You think Newsom won't be the poster boy for failed liberal financial and immigration policies the second he is nominated?

Newsom would lose, that's why a midwest Governor would have the best shot. 

Do we really think Andy Beshear with a Michelle Obama as VP would lose? 

2 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

Is anyone watching his interview? How is Biden doing?

Stephanopoulos:  If you stay in, and Trump is elected and everything you're warning about comes to pass, how will you feel in January?

Biden:  I'll feel, as long as I gave it my all, and I did as good a job as I know I can do, that's what this is about.

2 hours ago, Jwheel86 said:

Im guessing the added strain and demands of the campaign will ultimately overwhelm and claim the President.. it will be at the worst time and the Dems will get the deer in the headlights look that theyve had since Obama left office… brace yourselves for another conservative Justice and the replacement of the 2 older ones with younger and more radical judges

WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

Sen. Mark Warner (D-Va.) is attempting to assemble a group of Democratic senators to go to the White House on Monday and ask that Joe Biden exit the presidential race, according to two people with direct...

of course warner is behind this

6 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:
WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

Sen. Mark Warner (D-Va.) is attempting to assemble a group of Democratic senators to go to the White House on Monday and ask that Joe Biden exit the presidential race, according to two people with direct...

of course warner is behind this

Hm if Warner is for it now I feel I should be against it

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Chairslinger said:

Any successful ‘Biden replacement’ scenario is predicated on the replacement rising to the occasion and effectively battling that propaganda machine at a level they haven’t before.  But then, sticking with Biden and winning would require him to up his game from where it is right now.

Ultimately, all of the Biden alternatives are untested and risky and there is no true ‘high percentage play’ IMO.  The only big advantage Kamala would have is that she’d already have the power of the Oval Office to wield, and would already be the first black female president.  That doesn’t erase her deficiencies as a candidate, but it’s also an unusually powerful advantage no one else would have.

Anyway, I watched the Biden interview—no true faceplants, but he still seems a bit like he seemed at the debate: slow and just not all that sharp in articulating his thoughts.

I don’t know.  No idea what the best play is here.  All I can do is echo the immortal Sam Jackson and say

7Lwo28.gif

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

Anyway, I watched the Biden interview—no true faceplants, but he still seems a bit like he seemed at the debate: slow and just not all that sharp in articulating his thoughts.

That's his performance at 81. We have to ask, what will his condition will be over the next four years? Let's be realistic. The downward slope from this point on gets a lot steeper, and that's during normal circumstances while not assuming a job that ages a person 20 years in a single term.

• Halal 1

Dems need to learn to suck it up and be like Republicans. Learn to deal with what they were given and get behind Biden. He isn't going to drop out and the longer this fighting goes, the higher the risk of alienating moderates or causing dissolution dems to stay home. 

If the GOP can rally behind an absolute pice of shit, the Dems can suck it up and rally behind Biden who at least has had a productive 4 years.

• Halal 2

Remember just a few months ago when that Hur lead case into classified documents said that Biden looked like a confused elderly man when interviewed and everyone dismissed it as a hatchet job? I wonder what percentage of people that said Biden was fine just earlier this year are now screaming for him to step aside. 

• Halal 1

31 minutes ago, chakoo said:

Dems need to learn to suck it up and be like Republicans. Learn to deal with what they were given and get behind Biden. He isn't going to drop out and the longer this fighting goes, the higher the risk of alienating moderates or causing dissolution dems to stay home. 

If the GOP can rally behind an absolute pice of shit, the Dems can suck it up and rally behind Biden who at least has had a productive 4 years.

If Dems had treated a bad debate performance about half as unified as the Republican Party treated their candidate becoming a convicted frickin felon this thing would have largely blown over by now.

• True 1

12 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

If Dems had treated a bad debate performance about half as unified as the Republican Party treated their candidate becoming a convicted frickin felon this thing would have largely blown over by now.

True, I think what is not helping is the leadership not getting out there and being vocal about supporting Biden and the press continuing to run wild with the story. 

• Halal 1