Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

Trump saying this about Harris means he's actually worried about running against Harris. 

“She’s so bad. She’s so pathetic,” he adds, plucking at his gloves, then appears to say, “She’s so fucking bad.” 

AU.NEWS.YAHOO.COM

Donald Trump delivered a brutal assessment of Joe Biden’s performance against him in last week’s presidential debate, calling the president a “broken-down pile of crap” teetering on the...

Just now, AbsolutSurgen said:

Doesn’t Whitmer, Buttigieg or Klobuchar actually have a much better chance of winning?

If the objective is making sure Trump doesn’t win, doesn’t one of them have the best chance?

You’re assuming the black vote is a given if Kamala gets passed over?

Just now, Joe said:

You’re assuming the black vote is a given if Kamala gets passed over?

I know it's not happening but Michelle solves that problem. 

1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I’ve finally gotten rid of the emails, I think. But the texts are fucking constant. I reply “stop” but more come from different numbers. 🙄

It's because you donate to your local Congressional campaign and they just add your name to everyone's list.  I got a text this morning from someone running against Gym Jordan, and a flow from random PACs that are aligned with the Democrats all because 2 years ago I gave money to Greg Landsman's campaign.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

And the subject line always sounds like something from an extremely desperate ex. 

I wish they'd at least try to write it in the voice of the person who supposedly sent the message.

6 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

Kamala is black. jfc you can be multiple things at once.

If you’ve decided your going to vote for someone based on their ethnicity, wouldn’t you want it to be more than 25%?

[For the record, I think voting for someone based on their ethnicity, religion, colour of their skin, sexual orientation, gender or other non-controllable attribute is pretty fucking bigoted.]

As someone who is 50% Irish, Kamala being 25% Irish wouldn’t sway me in the slightest. 

• Guillotine 1

5 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

If you’ve decided your going to vote for someone based on their ethnicity, wouldn’t you want it to be more than 25%?

[For the record, I think voting for someone based on their ethnicity, religion, colour of their skin, sexual orientation, gender or other non-controllable attribute is pretty fucking bigoted.]

As someone who is 50% Irish, Kamala being 25% Irish wouldn’t sway me in the slightest. 

I feel like you’re arguing against stances that people here don’t hold. 

Thinking about it a bit maybe the answer to why Harris is a good choice is that even if you vote for Biden this year, you're voting for Harris being president before the next term is over based on the reports of his current condition. So is it really any different to just explicitly put her at the top of the ticket.

Why the fuck are you people in this thread beating around the bush?  Trump is going to win, and on his "first" day of dictatorship, will expell or exterminate anyone deemed unloyal, and half of the country will be deported or exterminated.

There is literally nothing to look forward to for any reason anymore.

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

Why the fuck are you people in this thread beating around the bush?  Trump is going to win, and on his "first" day of dictatorship, will expell or exterminate anyone deemed unloyal, and half of the country will be deported or exterminated.

There is literally nothing to look forward to for any reason anymore.

Seriously, stop. 

• stepee 1
  • Halal 2

11 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was Germany.

I won't go into all the details, but...yeah.  I need to stop and sleep for my own sanity.

As shitty as things are and may get if he wins, we’re a long way from mass exterminations. 

And you’re a straight white dude(I think?) Ultimately, you’re part of the group least likely to be targeted. 

• stepee 1
  • Halal 1

11 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

As shitty as things are and may get if he wins, we’re a long way from mass exterminations. 

And you’re a straight white dude(I think?) Ultimately, you’re part of the group least likely to be targeted. 

I'm also autistic, so I won't be part of the Ubermerch that Fuhrer Trump deems to spare.

Look, I don't want to to delve too into what will be 6 months from now.  My ultimate wish is that I want everyone, including on this forum, to experience nothing but happiness for the rest of eternity.

10 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

I'm also autistic, so I won't be part of the Ubermerch that Fuhrer Trump deems to spare.

Look, I don't want to to delve too into what will be 6 months from now.  My ultimate wish is that I want everyone, including on this forum, to experience nothing but happiness for the rest of eternity.

I get it. I have concerns, too. I’m surely going to be pissed off. But we don’t control it. There are still things in life to enjoy and look forward to. You have to focus on the good as much a you can. I can’t sit her and lose myself in the misery of what could happen down the line. 

Therapy can also help. 

• Halal 1

13 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I get it. I have concerns, too. I’m surely going to be pissed off. But we don’t control it. There are still things in life to enjoy and look forward to. You have to focus on the good as much a you can. I can’t sit her and lose myself in the misery of what could happen down the line. 

Therapy can also help. 

I was laid off two weeks ago.  I know I have no hope of anyone who would want to hire a pathetic loser like me.  The best I can hope for now is to donate my cat a humane shelter, and give him a decent home.  Meanwhile, I'll just die in a gutter somewhere where nobody cares.

39 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

I was laid off two weeks ago.  I know I have no hope of anyone who would want to hire a pathetic loser like me.  The best I can hope for now is to donate my cat a humane shelter, and give him a decent home.  Meanwhile, I'll just die in a gutter somewhere where nobody cares.

Stop it.

Go on indeed, make a resume, send applications. Do not give your cat away: you have no idea who would adopt or how long your cat would be sitting in a shelter wondering where you are.

Yeah dude chill out. Talk to someone professionally and get some help.

Id have to be terminally I’ll before I’d even consider giving my boy away to anyone and you’re not there.

• Hugs 1

45 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

Dude. Losing your job sucks, I know that

from experience. But there are other jobs out there. 

Are you on medication? Seeing a therapist? You don’t have to live this way. 

• Hugs 1