Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

1 hour ago, osxmatt said:

As someone who posts here regularly but isn’t all that familiar with the community aspect, all I can say, is what in God’s name is going on ITT?

1 hour ago, Uaarkson said:

No one knows.

1 hour ago, Chadatog said:

Oh, we all know :buttsex:

This is what's known in romantic comedies as a "meet cute". We are witnessing the beginings of the next great love story... brings a tear to my eye.

Big Brother Omg GIF by Global TV

ok I'll stop now :troll:

• stepee 1

10 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

IMG-9609.jpg

Had ChatGPT write up an apology for him, gonna fire it off and hopefully he'll recover.

Dear [Her Name] and Family,

I hope this message finds you in good spirits. I wanted to take a moment to offer my sincerest apologies for our, well, somewhat unconventional handshake during our recent meeting. When you extended your fist for a friendly bump, I… in what can only be described as a moment of unintentional enthusiasm, somehow managed to shake it instead.

I’ll admit, there was something about that brief, unexpected connection that caught me a bit off guard (in the best possible way). While I’m sure my overly formal handshake-fist-bump hybrid wasn’t quite the reaction you were going for, please know it left a lasting impression on me—though perhaps for reasons neither of us intended.

Of course, I want to emphasize that this was simply an innocent, albeit awkward, moment. But I couldn’t help but notice the unique energy between us during that split second of unintended contact. I can assure you, it was an accident… but one that has certainly stuck with me.

I hope we can both look back on this incident with a smile, and perhaps even an inside joke between us. Should we cross paths again, I promise to be much more prepared for a proper fist bump—although I can’t guarantee I won’t be just a little excited to try it again.

Thank you for your understanding, and I look forward to smoother (and more appropriate) greetings in the future!

Best,
J.D. Vance

10 hours ago, osxmatt said:

As someone who posts here regularly but isn’t all that familiar with the community aspect, all I can say, is what in God’s name is going on ITT?

Simple

psycho chud constructed a whole ass identity based around something that for me was just a stepping stone to better things/something I regret (which he missed) so somehow assumed I was stolen valoring so got his panties twisted over it.

Let me be clear; there is no valor to be stolen by an organization whose primary mission for two decades has been killing poor brown people on the other side of the planet for corporate profits.

Also if a brain tumor makes it where you can’t fucking spell; you’re not gonna be in a uniform either.

Heres to being another homeboy back on the block.

Also definitely got looks at that gym with my Kamala shirt; fuck chuds.

5 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

He’s taking the Cheney news well:

IMG-9610.jpg

"Nancy Pelosi failed to provide security for the insurrection I started. It's all her fault, but also those poor J6 patriots who were unfairly prosecuted will get full pardons when I'm president again, because they did nothing wrong. MAGA." 

• stepee 1

3 hours ago, Air_Delivery said:

So he's already prepping for Jan 6 part 2. 

And again, it'd be much funnier the second time if he's not in power, because then he's just some fat sack of shit trying to enact a coup. Supreme Court would have to twist themselves into fuckin' pretzels to save his ass that time!

New York Times/Siena (A+) national poll, Sep 3-6, LV

🟥 Donald Trump 48%
🟦 Kamala Harris 47%

While the difference is well within the MOE, this data is essentially unchanged since their last national poll in July prior to the DNC which means this isn't a particularly good poll for Harris at all.

I really gotta wonder if that poll is symptomatic of the notion that Harris simply hasn't done enough (interviews, town halls, etc.) to expose herself to the voting public.

Rallies are great and all, but they simply aren't enough to generate coverage.

58 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

And again, it'd be much funnier the second time if he's not in power, because then he's just some fat sack of shit trying to enact a coup. Supreme Court would have to twist themselves into fuckin' pretzels to save his ass that time!

I think he withheld DC/Capitol police or something (whatever he accuses Pelosi of doing)

If there's a J6 II I hope they hold no mercy.

Some analysis by Nate Cohn on the NYT/Siena poll:

Is Harris getting defined?

When Ms. Harris entered the presidential race, she seemed like a candidate with a lot of potential liabilities. She took many unpopular positions in her 2019 presidential campaign, and she was tied to the Biden administration's immigration policy as well.

In August, it seemed she could glide past all of these issues by running as a "generic" Democrat. She didn't make many gestures to the middle. She didn't roll out a robust policy platform. Instead, she mostly stuck to boilerplate Democratic messaging on abortion, strengthening the middle class, prices, democracy and more.

The advantage of this approach was obvious: A "generic" Democrat is often a winning one. The risk, however, was that Ms. Harris was inevitably going to be defined, one way or another, and that her campaign was mostly forfeiting its opportunity to clearly define her in the eyes of the public.

In this poll, the risks associated with this strategy are evident. Despite a month of favorable coverage, voters still don't know enough about her: 28 percent of voters said they needed to learn more, compared with only 9 percent who said the same about Mr. Trump. More than anything, voters say they want to hear more about where she stands on the issues, something her campaign has seemed to struggled to lay out.

15 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Some analysis by Nate Cohn on the NYT/Siena poll:

Its one poll that goes against the grain. Unless it becomes a trend its an outlier for now. 

And hell even Hillary beat Trump significantly nationally so I have my strong doubts on that one. 

My guess, based purely on nothing, is that they’re waiting for after the debate and hoping for Trump to absolutely shit the bed to start putting her more front and center.  If they’re only doing one, which seems likely, And Trump absolutely immolates himself next to her, it’s a lot easier to put forward strong messaging after the fact because there’s no more opportunity to have him standing next to her and confronting her head on.  Wait for Trump’s biggest moment to pass, then hit the pavement hard.  

It’s why I think being soft on policy up front is intentional.  The longer they go before having a hard definition, the longer it gives Trump nothing to go off of other than his bullshit riffing which hopefully seems to be losing steam even among fans.  

• Halal 1

3 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I just can't shake the feeling that to this point post-DNC that the Harris campaign simply isn't doing "enough" to put her out there in non-campaign settings and that's impacting her trajectory.

The last two weeks have definitely felt slower but I wonder if that's because of debate prep.

Meanwhile even TX is moving closer to tie status so some progress has been made. I think a lot is riding on how she handles Trump.

GW9Mq85XsAAklOl?format=jpg&name=900x900

General Election poll -

Arizona Harris 48% Trump 48%

Tipp #A - 1015 RV - 9/5

I think its just going to be a close election and availability means nothing in a highly partisan environment.  Also entirely possible that NYTs is working with an out of date model of the national electorate, as their last month state polls all showed Harris up 4 at the same time as a Trump +1 national.  Its also clear we're working with a much closer EV/EC distribution as well.