Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

12 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

What's even more striking is that he was contradicted in such a public way by a FOX Host on FOX News. Trey Gowdy was a pretty conservative congressman when he was in office, but I don't think he was a Trump fan. I could be wrong.

There's a childless cat lady who is a big trump supporter nearby. She's a lotta awkward but I'm gonna wave "hi childless cat lady!" When i see her

The childless cat lady shit is the most unforced error that I can think of in politics.  People who are childless by choice aren't going to appreciate being insulted, people who are childless by circumstances are probably going to feel even worse considering the other pressure they receive.  And him walking it back by saying "I don't hate dogs and cats" seems like something he went over with Don Jr and nobody else.  Even if you're not a woman without kids, odds are, like Gowdy kind of called out in his monologue, either have or have encountered childless women who you like or care about.  Vance made that comment to appeal to a narrow set of Tucker Carlson fans apparently not realizing that other people can see it too.

• Halal 3

So you guys know what this whole childless thing is about right? It's a dog whistle to White Christian Nationalists who tout the great replacement theory and blame white women and white millenials for not having enough pure white babies to out-pace the invading black, brown and yellow hordes who will eventually replace good white people in America and Europe. They blame education and women wanting careers for this as well as homosexuality and an eroding of good family (christian) values. Trump and Vance know that their base is made up primarily of Evangelical Christians and racists so they have to please them FIRST. They then have to hope that enough people out side their base fail to see through their messaging for what it really is and that they are able to suppress enough of the opposition vote to squeak out a victory. That's what this is all about. JD Vance with his cat lady bullshit is virtue signaling to mysoginst white suprmacists.

3 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

Vance made that comment to appeal to a narrow set of Tucker Carlson fans apparently not realizing that other people can see it too.

See the above paragraph.

• stepee 1
  • True 5
  • Halal 4

I've been trying to get involved locally and Texas Dems are a mess. Pretty unstructured and disorganized, I think it's the only reason it's not a purple state. I bet if someone with means invested some money here it would be up for grabs in ~8yr.

Just now, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

But really though ballot deadlines are

coming up fast and also if they’ve submitted the name to the states it’s possible it’s a “no-take backs” kind of situation 

They're also arguing that Biden has fo stay on in some places so it kind of would hurt their case.

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

So you guys know what this whole childless thing is about right? It's a dog whistle to White Christian Nationalists who tout the great replacement theory and blame white women and white millenials for not having enough pure white babies to out-pace the invading black, brown and yellow hordes who will eventually replace good white people in America and Europe. They blame education and women wanting careers for this as well as homosexuality and an eroding of good family (christian) values. Trump and Vance know that their base is made up primarily of Evangelical Christians and racists so they have to please them FIRST. They then have to hope that enough people out side their base fail to see through their messaging for what it really is and that they are able to suppress enough of the opposition vote to squeak out a victory. That's what this is all about. JD Vance with his cat lady bullshit is virtue signaling to mysoginst white suprmacists.

See the above paragraph.

I get it, Musk and a bunch of people on the right have been talking about declining birthrates and the fall of civilization for a while.  When you look the US isn't getting any less populated, nor is the world in general, it's just people of a certain skin color aren't having as many kids.  I feel like typically it's just these people talking about how great having a large family can be, or the more obvious bigots doing a remix of the 14 words.  JD Vance just decided to hop on this train in the weirdest most unappealing way possible. 

31 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

General Election Poll 

🔵 Harris 44% (+2)

🔴 Trump 42%

Angus Raid #B - 1743 RV - 7/25

Wait, Canadians are polling the US now? AR is a major Canadian pollster. Strange! In Canada they are known to have a bit of a house effect towards the Conservatives (though still pretty good).

2 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Wait, Canadians are polling the US now? AR is a major Canadian pollster. Strange! In Canada they are known to have a bit of a house effect towards the Conservatives (though still pretty good).

Yup, there's also some brits polling the election as well. Sesame Street Idk GIF

44 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Iowa just banned abortion after 6 weeks, been a while since it's gone for dems but I don't believe it's a deep red state by any means. 

The Ohio Statehouse did the same thing.  It went on the ballot, the people of Ohio shot that shit down, and legalized weed on the same day.

28 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Money talks baby

• stepee 1

“She’s a good mom”

FORTUNE.COM

Republican VP nominee JD Vance’s wife is a Yale law grad and former clerk to Justices Brett Kavanaugh and John Roberts

Literally clerked for kav and roberts and all he could say to defend her is that’s she’s a good mom

i so not like her or her or his politics but holy shit I think this JD guy might just be a piece of shit

2 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

“She’s a good mom”

FORTUNE.COM

Republican VP nominee JD Vance’s wife is a Yale law grad and former clerk to Justices Brett Kavanaugh and John Roberts

Literally clerked for kav and roberts and all he could say to defend her is that’s she’s a good mom

i so not like her or her or his politics but holy shit I think this JD guy might just be a piece of shit

Again... dog whistle.

53 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

I get it, Musk and a bunch of people on the right have been talking about declining birthrates and the fall of civilization for a while.  When you look the US isn't getting any less populated, nor is the world in general, it's just people of a certain skin color aren't having as many kids.  I feel like typically it's just these people talking about how great having a large family can be, or the more obvious bigots doing a remix of the 14 words.  JD Vance just decided to hop on this train in the weirdest most unappealing way possible. 

It's not as benign as that. A good friend of mine is a Law professor who studies White Supramcist Ideology and how it has permeated our Government particularly at the State Level and in Law Enforcement and once he started educating me on some of the ideologies and beliefs, it became hard to unsee it when you see it turning up in the talking points of politicians.  Like almost verbatim, just with more polished, coded wording. Like Vance can't denounce White Suprmacists attacking his wife, but he can attempt to appeal to them by saying she's a good mother (indicating that she knows her place and that he's the MAN in their house) rather than touting her work for two supreme court justices. They don't give a shit about that, she's a woman who's place is in the home making babies. The fact that she's brown goes against a core belief of their ideology. Subhuman women are fine to fuck in their view, but not to procreate with and dilute the bloodline. So he's fucked with those people either way.

• True 1
  • Halal 4

Just now, skillzdadirecta said:

Again... dog whistle.

I know I know. I also just found out who she clerked for and it just compounds how awful their whole project is. A very accomplished woman is reduced to “a good mom” (not even great lmao) all in the name of white supremacy and patriarchy (because I do not think his answer would have been much different if she were white, though he wouldn’t be questioned about her to begin with if she was)

• Halal 1

I think people may be reading a bit much into that 😂 When my wife talks about me, it is almost always in the context of being a good husband and father. I’m happy that is primarily how she views me as those aspects of my life are most important to me. Any professional accomplishments are in service of those two things anyway.

• Wrong 1