Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

59 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

If there were a campaign equivalent of criminal neglect one rally for the whole week in a Red +20 state that represents 3 Electoral Votes seems like it would qualify :lol:

I would say Trump should have his campaign staff shoved out an airlock but we all know nothing dumb happens in that camp that Trump isn't at least 95% responsible for....

I get the feeling throughout the primary and his GE campaign that he genuinely does not feel like he needs to work to earn the victory. It's either hubris or he thinks he has enough allies in important places that they'll hand him a win no matter what.

2 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

RCP is definately right leaning too because they don't weight their polls.

Well no one does in the averges, rcp is right leaning because they pick and choose polls that are more rughg leaning. Like they'll drop a good poll for the dem while leaving an older good poll for the republican. 

2 minutes ago, Uaarkson said:

Am I the only one who finds it super ageist/ableist to be making fun of Trump’s gait? Or am I being a snowflake 

I mean, is there any record of him having an issue with his gait due to his age/some disability? If he comes out and says that’s what the problem is, then I could see where you are coming from, otherwise I just assume he’s a weirdo.

• True 1

Live on CNN, Jeff Zeleny is saying Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz was loved by the Harris-vetting team, and that Pennsylvania Gov. Josh Shapiro impresses them with his “fighter” attitude.

He also confirms that Sen. Mark Kelly is more or less out of the final picture here.

4 minutes ago, stepee said:

I mean, is there any record of him having an issue with his gait due to his age/some disability? If he comes out and says that’s what the problem is, then I could see where you are coming from, otherwise I just assume he’s a weirdo.

Sorry, I don’t remember entirely but I thought it had been shown to be possibly related to Alzheimer’s or something.

• True 1

1 minute ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Walz has a fundraiser in Chicago tonight and those vehicles have MN plates, not US government plates.

Please stop being a realist squashing the hype.

2 minutes ago, Uaarkson said:

Sorry, I don’t remember entirely but I thought it had been shown to be possibly related to Alzheimer’s or something.

Next you’re going to say that we shouldn’t make fun of him for wearing diapers.

• True 1

12 minutes ago, Uaarkson said:

That is interesting to me just in I don’t know who would make such a thing up since a trumpet wouldn’t want to suggest he has Alzheimer’s and a never-trumper wouldn’t want to to suggest you can’t make fun of him standing strangely.

I think he has cognitive decline coupled with being a complete lunatic but I don’t buy that he has Alzheimer’s at all. I think mostly he’s just very stupid. I think it’s safe.

9 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Text polling doesn’t necessarily mean you have to click on a link. You can … text them back. This has its own problems but it’s a valid way to solicit polling responses. 

a lot of you guys are also conflating “what I would/what should be done” with what people actually do when it comes to strange links lol. 

Bro there's almost 0 chance I even read an unsolicited text, let alone respond to it.

4 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

A spokesperson for Walz’s confirms this is this is his Minnesota detail and the vehicles belong to the MN Department of Public Safety.

This reminds me of the Reddit Boston Bomber vigilante hunt, and it’s fun…

• True 1

1 minute ago, Xbob42 said:

Bro there's almost 0 chance I even read an unsolicited text, let alone respond to it.

Unfortunately for my job, I need to order a lot of things, and I use my personal phone for receiving shipping notifications (plan is covered by my work). So I unfortunately need to read every single fake shipping instruction and search the tracking number (in a browser) to see if it's legit. Most times they aren't.

• Hugs 1

4 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Wade needs to have an AI read our comments and create a one-sentence headline that you need to click on to read the rest of the post. Then we'd be in heaven!