Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

5 minutes ago, ort said:

There seems to be some sort of coordinated shadow campaign to have her not pick Shapiro.

A lot of Republicans fear she will pick him because he is immensely popular in his home state. I personally think if she picks Shapiro she wins the election without a doubt. Glad to see Walz in the final running though it says a lot about Harris that the final two are fairly progressive.

• stepee 1
  • Hype 1

People don't like his Isreal stance, they say he has some other baggage too... I don't even remember. I'm not wasting much mental energy on this.

It's just weird that I'm seeing all these posts on social and all these articles about how picking him would be a mistake. These things don't always happen in a vacuum.

I don't know much about any of these people, but when I found out Shapiro and Fetterman have beef, it made me like Shapiro more, because Fetterman seems like a ding dong and I really didn't like his rhetoric on Isreal/Palastine. It's was so gross and overly simplistic and hostile.

Policy wise though, I bet they are identical. I don't know.

• Halal 1

When someone polled the midwest with all the VP options Shapiro was the strongest across all the states, they all did well in their home states, his Israel stance isn't really an issue, its just the lefties losing their shit again over stuff no one cares about. 

• stepee 1
  • Halal 1

4 minutes ago, ort said:

People don't like his Isreal stance, they say he has some other baggage too... I don't even remember. I'm not wasting much mental energy on this.

His primary baggage is this, not his positions vis-a-vis Israel and Palestine:

WWW.NYTIMES.COM

The case has attracted renewed criticism now that Josh Shapiro, the governor of Pennsylvania, is on the short list to be Kamala Harris’s running mate.

His biggest liability is that he has the slick haircut and general style of a used car salesman. But he is a very good speaker and likely gives a bump in PA. Will he be a drag on some young progressives? Yes, but I think that can be dealt with with some immediate and strong statements. Like Wade said, the harder thing is the SA that occured in his office, and was "covered up" (settled).

I like Shapiro, but I feel they need a veep that doesn't have to go on the defense when announced, like the stuff around that sexual harassment thing with his aide.  Harris has a pretty good communications team, but that's a tricky needle to thread and is a little more than dunking on a weirdo who probably thinks women's suffrage was a mistake.

• Halal 2

15 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

When someone polled the midwest with all the VP options Shapiro was the strongest across all the states, they all did well in their home states, his Israel stance is really an issue, its just the lefties losing their shit again over stuff no one cares about. 

He said he believes Bibi is "one of the worst leaders of all time", supports and independent Palestine, and pushed hard to fight the Muslim ban under Trump. Don't see what the problem is there :thinking:

• stepee 1

I don't even know what his stance on Israel is. I only have so much mental bandwidth and I decided that learning about what each potential VP picks strengths/weaknesses were is a completely pointless thing for me to waste time learning about. It's just not something I need an informed opinion on.

She'll pick who she picks and then we can figure it out.

• stepee 1
  • True 1

19 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

His primary baggage is this, not his positions vis-a-vis Israel and Palestine:

WWW.NYTIMES.COM

The case has attracted renewed criticism now that Josh Shapiro, the governor of Pennsylvania, is on the short list to be Kamala Harris’s running mate.

I personally would love to see Trump bring this up at a rally considering all he has done in the past :lol:

4 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Some journalists on Twitter saying Harris has made her decision and the person has accepted. If true, I'd expect to see SS deployed tonight and give it away.

*USSS is the preferred nomenclature :p

Also, the Senior White House Correspondent for ABC News claims that the decision has not yet been made, but that was a little over an hour ago.

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Some journalists on Twitter saying Harris has made her decision and the person has accepted. If true, I'd expect to see SS deployed tonight and give it away.

The guy who posted that is from the local Detroit FOX TV network affiliate, so make of that what you will :p

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, DPCyric said:

I personally would love to see Trump bring this up at a rally considering all he has done in the past :lol:

That's their entire playbook. Accuse the other side of the things you are doing so everyone just shrugs and says, "well, they all do it so whatever"

It's kinda like when a guy with a puppy killing slaughterhouse that kills hundreds of puppies a day criticizes someone who once kicked a dog.

Modern politics has turned into both sides just pointing to the actions of the other side and saying, ooh, see, gotcha! You said this, but then this, see! Gotcha! Zing!

The problem is neither side really cares or hears it. The other problem is they have us arguing over the most mundane bullshit while nothing substantial ever gets done.

Politics is sports now. It's covered like 2 sports teams.

• True 1

33 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

She should bring all 3 to a press conference and then announce the winner The Bachelor style. :devil: (not serious)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DPCyric said:

He said he believes Bibi is "one of the worst leaders of all time", supports and independent Palestine, and pushed hard to fight the Muslim ban under Trump. Don't see what the problem is there :thinking:

He made some vague rule about codes of conduct for state workers amidst the protests and somehow that means he's going to fire anyone who dislikes Israel because he's Jewish or something, despite not a single state worker being fired to my knowledge.

Per CNN's Senior White House Correspondent:

Kamala Harris has trained her focus on Josh Shapiro & Tim Walz in the final hours of her process to select a running mate, multiple sources tell Jamie Gangel and me

But all three finalists - Shapiro, Walz & Mark Kelly - remain in the running as of Monday afternoon, we're told

• Halal 1

Apparently Shapiro wasn't actually in the IDF but volunteered for them while in college? Anything even adjacent to serving in a foreign military seems no bueno for a VP pick.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

I agree with a comment I saw that picking Walz is playing to win and picking Shapiro is playing to not lose.

I could see Shapiro being President in 8 years but not Walz. I think Shapiro is playing to win.

27 minutes ago, Jason said:

image.png

image.png

If there were a campaign equivalent of criminal neglect one rally for the whole week in a Red +20 state that represents 3 Electoral Votes seems like it would qualify :lol:

I would say Trump should have his campaign staff shoved out an airlock but we all know nothing dumb happens in that camp that Trump isn't at least 95% responsible for....

3 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

If there were a campaign equivalent of criminal neglect one rally for the whole week in a Red +20 state that represents 3 Electoral Votes seems like it would qualify :lol:

I would say Trump should have his campaign staff shoved out an airlock but we all know nothing dumb happens in that camp that Trump isn't at least 95% responsible for....

Hey, Montana is now worth 4 electoral votes!