Rock the Vote '24: update (09/10) - It's "Debate Night" - do yourself a favor and play a video game instead

2 minutes ago, ort said:

If this $10 million from Egypt thing turns out to be even kinda true that has to be damaging enough that he has zero chance right? Right? (Insert padme meme here)

They've been attacking Biden over foreign money from Ukraine so it wouldn't surprise me that it was all projection

• True 1

12 minutes ago, CastletonSnob said:

Harris should appoint Jack Smith as AG on day one. Enough of letting Republicans get away with being terrible.

Dems should go scorched earth on every single MAGAt…. If Trump loses im sure many GOP’ers will put on a conciliatory tone.. but its all for show. Theres too many loonies out of the bag and in our court systems..

• stepee 1
  • Sicko Sherman 1

29 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Go to about 3:35 to hear his thoughts on D1P's favorite pollster Nate Silver :lol:

It's amazing how much this argument fits into classic AI research wars :p 

1 hour ago, MarSolo said:

My best friend worked for Shapiro right out of college. 

I uh… wanted to fit in with these “I hung with potential VP” stories.

Friend I know who went to high school with Vance said one person in their friend group called Vance "fatty" alot.

You know it's very possible Fox could host a reasonable debate with reasonable questions, but the fact Trump wants a live audience, a Fox audience no less, means he just wants to turn the debate into another of his rallies.

I think Harris should go for it, but under the condition that they follow the same rules that they agreed to before: muted mics, and no audience.

• True 2

5 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

How else are you supposed to know which person's face to drop a jellyfish on if they don't have their flag on them?

And then who to pee on, seeing as they just got stung!

43 minutes ago, Reputator said:

You know it's very possible Fox could host a reasonable debate with reasonable questions, but the fact Trump wants a live audience, a Fox audience no less, means he just wants to turn the debate into another of his rallies.

I think Harris should go for it, but under the condition that they follow the same rules that they agreed to before: muted mics, and no audience.

Would you trust FOX to say one thing yet do another? to be so lopsided with the intent of flustering Harris enough to even possibly walk off?  

The inverse of that would be Trump expecting a “safe” environment and seeing Fox hang him out to dry (Insert Count Dooku about to get decapitated while Emperor Fox orders it so)..

nah, Weasel News network is not to be trusted

2 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

I saw Pete Buttigieg at a grocery store. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a pain and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying. The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter. When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

That cashiers name?

Albert Einstein.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I think there is a risk (thanks to the media, which is already falling for it) that Trump will do a debate vs. an empty podium on Fox, and that will be used against her.

Trump is like reverse Jesus, he can turn wine into piss.. hes stupid enough to feel a chair is hogging too much of his spotlight.. hes just as likely to get caught up in the moment and kick over and spit on the chair and make an ass of himself.. thus her presence would be indirectly huge.

Harris can do her town hall meeting to contrast vs the clown show (though again the media is in it for the spectacle so Harris needs to have sharp rebukes to the MAGAt idiocy)

If both only attend one event it seems like Harris has more to gain than Trump on this. The ABC debate is primetime network TV that can draw 10 or 20 million viewers.

A manufactured "debate" on Fox News is preaching to the choir at best and at worse is nothing more that a glorified Trump interview that he does often on the network anyway.

It would be funny if Trump did the Fox event expecting kid gloves and Bret Baire grilled him again, which has happened before.

26 minutes ago, 5timechamp said:

Would you trust FOX to say one thing yet do another? to be so lopsided with the intent of flustering Harris enough to even possibly walk off?  

The inverse of that would be Trump expecting a “safe” environment and seeing Fox hang him out to dry (Insert Count Dooku about to get decapitated while Emperor Fox orders it so)..

Well and also, they hosted a debate like every recent Presidential election so we've seen how they work, and Trump actually did more complaining than anybody.

1 hour ago, 5timechamp said:

There's risk for Fox too. If Harris wins and she cuts them off for playing this game.

1 hour ago, 5timechamp said:

Trump is like reverse Jesus, he can turn wine into piss.. hes stupid enough to feel a chair is hogging too much of his spotlight.. hes just as likely to get caught up in the moment and kick over and spit on the chair and make an ass of himself.. thus her presence would be indirectly huge.

Harris can do her town hall meeting to contrast vs the clown show (though again the media is in it for the spectacle so Harris needs to have sharp rebukes to the MAGAt idiocy)

I mean I too can turn wine into piss. 

• Shocked 1

Jesus

fQgGwjV.png

The anthem version is very old-timey (with military sounding, male choir) that starts with "Ladies and gentlemen, please rise for the horribly and unfairly treated January 6th hostages." Ominous synth/bass sounds are overlaid on the anthem.

• Confused 3

2 hours ago, finaljedi said:

Good news, the one disadvantage Buttigieg has in a national election may not be real!

WWW.ADVOCATE.COM

Carlson says a producer who worked on his show claimed that other gay people don’t think the transportation secretary is gay.

This is how you can tell none of them are weird.

Kamala isn't black and Pete isn't gay... next you're gonna tell me Trump isn't an Ooompa Loompa... riiiiight.

Also, here's another reason why I stopped watching CNN.

• stepee 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, finaljedi said:

Good news, the one disadvantage Buttigieg has in a national election may not be real!

WWW.ADVOCATE.COM

Carlson says a producer who worked on his show claimed that other gay people don’t think the transportation secretary is gay.

This is how you can tell none of them are weird.

Kamala’s not black, Pete isn’t gay… what next? JD doesn’t sleep with couches?

• Haha 2
  • True 1

50 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Jesus

fQgGwjV.png

The anthem version is very old-timey (with military sounding, male choir) that starts with "Ladies and gentlemen, please rise for the horribly and unfairly treated January 6th hostages." Ominous synth/bass sounds are overlaid on the anthem.

55 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Jesus

fQgGwjV.png

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Kamala isn't black and Pete isn't gay... next you're gonna tell me Trump isn't an Ooompa Loompa... riiiiight.

Also, here's another reason why I stopped watching CNN.

Always amazing how many people are willing to memoryhole Collins starting out at Daily Caller.