Rock the Vote '24: update (08/27) - 200+ former GOP staffers endorse Harris

How does one go from a VP that chooses not to be left alone in a room with a woman, to a VP pick that tries to usher everyone out of the living room for some alone time. 

Also how long until a Trump/Vance rally is held in an Ashley Furniture or R.C. Wiley's?

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

So...

Later in the speech it sounded like he said he was not a Christian? I think he misspoke.

I’m not sure he misspoke on the Christian thing. 

I’m not up on his every move (mostly because I can’t stand to listen to him talk), but has he really pretended to be a Christian thus far? I guess I assumed that the religious right voted for him because their grifters preachers told them to.

8 minutes ago, S3xB0t said:

I’m not up on his every move (mostly because I can’t stand to listen to him talk), but has he really pretended to be a Christian thus far? I guess I assumed that the religious right voted for him because their grifters preachers told them to.

He's done weird little minor ceremonial things so the Christians could pretend to themselves.  He never went to church and never spoke with any real authenticity about personal faith.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, finaljedi said:

The couch thing came just at the right time when they were building the "Vance is creepy story" with his takes on women.  The couch joke dropped and was able to fit right in the rest of it, like a latex glove between a couple cushions.

The couch thing is ridiculous but its amazing insight into his “cat ladies” hate… cats tend to scratch up furniture to include couches.. so his aversion to cats and folks of that ilk makes sense

• True 1

28 minutes ago, 5timechamp said:

The couch thing is ridiculous but its amazing insight into his “cat ladies” hate… cats tend to scratch up furniture to include couches.. so his aversion to cats and folks of that ilk makes sense

I was talking to a friend that whoever Harris' running mate is should try and work "couch" into the debate.  "JD Vance couches his racism inside odd justifications of practicalty" or whatever "When you were previously on Jimmy Kimmel's couch you said..".  The Harris social media team seems to be done with the high road, so might as well.

2 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

So...

Later in the speech it sounded like he said he was not a Christian? I think he misspoke.

Further indication of the despair of the situation by Trump, it means they will go all in again to ensure he wins.. all the state judges, voter supression, voter intimidation, and scotus bias will be in play to get this done at all costs..

the real “Last stand of the 300…pound man”

I sure as shit hope he loses, a perfect culmination of his brand and those who support him

• True 1

5 hours ago, outsida said:

He definitely didn’t misspeak the voting part

Presenting the idea of removing elections as a gift you are giving the people by no longer making them endure the voting process is definitely a real you miss all the shots you don’t take moment 

JD Vance, much like JD Salinger, led a life marked by an intriguing blend of literary accomplishment and reclusiveness. Born in 1984 in Middletown, Ohio, Vance emerged from a tumultuous childhood marked by poverty and instability to become a prominent voice in contemporary American literature. His memoir, "Hillbilly Elegy," published in 2016, offered an unflinching look at the struggles of working-class America and quickly became a bestseller, earning praise for its raw honesty and insightful social commentary.

Despite his literary success, Vance, akin to Salinger, maintained a complex relationship with the public eye, often retreating into private life to shield his personal world from media scrutiny.

In his formative years, Vance's path to authorship was anything but straightforward. His youth, spent in the Rust Belt town of Middletown, was characterized by familial strife and economic hardship. However, his tenure in the Marine Corps and subsequent academic achievements at Ohio State University and Yale Law School catalyzed his intellectual and professional growth. The release of "Hillbilly Elegy" catapulted him into the national spotlight, echoing Salinger's rise to fame with "The Catcher in the Rye."

Yet, like Salinger, Vance was ambivalent about his sudden fame, often expressing discomfort with the public's relentless curiosity about his personal life and the pressure to continuously produce literary work.

In the years following his literary breakthrough, Vance's life mirrored the reclusive tendencies of Salinger. He relocated to a quiet rural setting in Ohio, focusing on his family and avoiding the trappings of celebrity. His foray into the political arena as a U.S. Senate candidate in Ohio was a notable departure from Salinger's secluded existence, yet it highlighted Vance's commitment to addressing the issues he so passionately wrote about.

Despite his political engagement, Vance's preference for privacy remains a defining trait, ensuring that his life, much like Salinger's, continues to be a compelling blend of public influence and personal seclusion.

3 minutes ago, stepee said:

JD Vance, much like JD Salinger, led a life marked by an intriguing blend of literary accomplishment and reclusiveness. Born in 1984 in Middletown, Ohio, Vance emerged from a tumultuous childhood marked by poverty and instability to become a prominent voice in contemporary American literature. His memoir, "Hillbilly Elegy," published in 2016, offered an unflinching look at the struggles of working-class America and quickly became a bestseller, earning praise for its raw honesty and insightful social commentary.

Despite his literary success, Vance, akin to Salinger, maintained a complex relationship with the public eye, often retreating into private life to shield his personal world from media scrutiny.

In his formative years, Vance's path to authorship was anything but straightforward. His youth, spent in the Rust Belt town of Middletown, was characterized by familial strife and economic hardship. However, his tenure in the Marine Corps and subsequent academic achievements at Ohio State University and Yale Law School catalyzed his intellectual and professional growth. The release of "Hillbilly Elegy" catapulted him into the national spotlight, echoing Salinger's rise to fame with "The Catcher in the Rye."

Yet, like Salinger, Vance was ambivalent about his sudden fame, often expressing discomfort with the public's relentless curiosity about his personal life and the pressure to continuously produce literary work.

In the years following his literary breakthrough, Vance's life mirrored the reclusive tendencies of Salinger. He relocated to a quiet rural setting in Ohio, focusing on his family and avoiding the trappings of celebrity. His foray into the political arena as a U.S. Senate candidate in Ohio was a notable departure from Salinger's secluded existence, yet it highlighted Vance's commitment to addressing the issues he so passionately wrote about.

Despite his political engagement, Vance's preference for privacy remains a defining trait, ensuring that his life, much like Salinger's, continues to be a compelling blend of public influence and personal seclusion.

Nah. He's just a Wish.com Tek Knight.

7 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Nah. He's just a Wish.com Tek Knight.

JD Vance and Superman share numerous similarities that extend beyond their public personas. Both emerged from challenging beginnings, with Vance growing up in a troubled, working-class environment and Superman being an orphan from the doomed planet Krypton.

Their early lives were marked by adversity, fostering resilience and a strong sense of duty. Vance's memoir, "Hillbilly Elegy," portrays his journey through hardship, akin to Superman's struggles to reconcile his dual identities. Each uses their unique experiences to champion the causes they believe in—Vance through his writings and political efforts, and Superman through his superhero deeds.

Both figures exemplify the classic hero's journey, rising from humble origins to achieve greatness. Vance's ascent from a troubled childhood to a Yale Law graduate mirrors Superman's transformation from farm boy Clark Kent to Earth's greatest protector. Their stories inspire hope and resilience in others facing similar challenges. They also share a commitment to truth and justice, albeit in different arenas. Vance addresses societal issues through his writing and political aspirations, while Superman combats physical threats and moral injustices.

Another parallel is their dual existence. Vance navigates between the worlds of academia, politics, and his Appalachian roots, much like Superman balances his life as Clark Kent and his superhero alter ego. This duality requires both to maintain a delicate balance between their public and private lives. They are both seen as symbols of hope and perseverance, inspiring countless individuals to overcome their own obstacles.

Furthermore, both Vance and Superman are

driven by a strong sense of responsibility to their communities. Vance's political ambitions aim to improve the lives of the working class, while Superman's actions are always in the service of humanity. They are also unafraid to confront powerful adversaries, whether it's Vance challenging systemic issues or Superman battling formidable foes. Their courage in facing these challenges underscores their dedication to making the world a better place.

In their respective fields, they have each become iconic figures, representing the possibility of triumph over adversity. Vance’s work has sparked national conversations about socio-economic issues, similar to how Superman’s stories often reflect and address contemporary social and political themes. Both have a deep sense of empathy and a desire to protect the vulnerable. Lastly, their journeys reflect a quest for identity and purpose, constantly striving to use their abilities for the greater good. Through their enduring legacies, JD Vance and Superman continue to inspire and advocate for a brighter future.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, stepee said:

JD Vance and Superman share numerous similarities that extend beyond their public personas. Both emerged from challenging beginnings, with Vance growing up in a troubled, working-class environment and Superman being an orphan from the doomed planet Krypton.

Their early lives were marked by adversity, fostering resilience and a strong sense of duty. Vance's memoir, "Hillbilly Elegy," portrays his journey through hardship, akin to Superman's struggles to reconcile his dual identities. Each uses their unique experiences to champion the causes they believe in—Vance through his writings and political efforts, and Superman through his superhero deeds.

Both figures exemplify the classic hero's journey, rising from humble origins to achieve greatness. Vance's ascent from a troubled childhood to a Yale Law graduate mirrors Superman's transformation from farm boy Clark Kent to Earth's greatest protector. Their stories inspire hope and resilience in others facing similar challenges. They also share a commitment to truth and justice, albeit in different arenas. Vance addresses societal issues through his writing and political aspirations, while Superman combats physical threats and moral injustices.

Another parallel is their dual existence. Vance navigates between the worlds of academia, politics, and his Appalachian roots, much like Superman balances his life as Clark Kent and his superhero alter ego. This duality requires both to maintain a delicate balance between their public and private lives. They are both seen as symbols of hope and perseverance, inspiring countless individuals to overcome their own obstacles.

Furthermore, both Vance and Superman are

driven by a strong sense of responsibility to their communities. Vance's political ambitions aim to improve the lives of the working class, while Superman's actions are always in the service of humanity. They are also unafraid to confront powerful adversaries, whether it's Vance challenging systemic issues or Superman battling formidable foes. Their courage in facing these challenges underscores their dedication to making the world a better place.

In their respective fields, they have each become iconic figures, representing the possibility of triumph over adversity. Vance’s work has sparked national conversations about socio-economic issues, similar to how Superman’s stories often reflect and address contemporary social and political themes. Both have a deep sense of empathy and a desire to protect the vulnerable. Lastly, their journeys reflect a quest for identity and purpose, constantly striving to use their abilities for the greater good. Through their enduring legacies, JD Vance and Superman continue to inspire and advocate for a brighter future.

Austin Powers No GIF

15 minutes ago, stepee said:

He didn't relocate to rural Ohio, that might have helped someone.  He relocated to a wealthy neighborhood in Cincinnati.  If he'd gone back to Middletown he could have probably help drag that town out of the dumps it has been in since the steel mill lockout in like 2007.  He didn't.  If he'd gone back to Jackson, KY he could have helped improve that town too.  But you can't really attend or host nice parties with the right kinds of people in those places.  He returned to Ohio for what he's doing now and that's it.

Just now, finaljedi said:

He didn't relocate to rural Ohio, that might have helped someone.  He relocated to a wealthy neighborhood in Cincinnati.  If he'd gone back to Middletown he could have probably help drag that town out of the dumps it has been in since the steel mill lockout in like 2007.  He didn't.  If he'd gone back to Jackson, KY he could have helped improve that town too.  But you can't really attend or host nice parties with the right kinds of people in those places.  He returned to Ohio for what he's doing now and that's it.

So are you saying he is not our generations Salinger??

10 hours ago, S3xB0t said:

He held up the Bible (upside down mind you) and misquoted it several times. He definitely signaled to them he was "Christian" but to be fair, they projected a lot of that on him.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, S3xB0t said:

it’s mostly been performative photo ops and pandering in speeches. Like this they wanted to do as justification to tear gas and allow capitol police to get aggressive with protestors outside the white house. 

spacer.png

my favorite part was when asked by a reporter if that is his bible, Donald replied “it is A bible”. lol 

• Haha 2

SE. Cupp's comment here is why I largely stopped watching these types of panels and punditry. Either these people are hoplessly out of touch, which makes them useless, or they're playing dumb, which makes them useless, OR they really are dumb, which makes them useless.

• True 1

Not a brand new video but think the reasons these Republicans give are the only arguments that would work on other Republicans. Trump failed their party and advancing their priorities in so many, many ways.

11 hours ago, S3xB0t said:

The one time it should have nailed him with the Christians was when he was at some CPAC event and some Fox News chuds tried to ask him his favorite Bible quote and he legit couldn’t answer so he went with “that’s a personal thing so I can’t answer it”.

Big Lucille Bluth energy with that one:

Arrested Development I Dont Understand The Question And I Wont Respond To It GIF

6 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

The one time it should have nailed him with the Christians was when he was at some CPAC event and some Fox News chuds tried to ask him his favorite Bible quote and he legit couldn’t answer so he went with “that’s a personal thing so I can’t answer it”.

Big Lucille Bluth energy with that one:

Arrested Development I Dont Understand The Question And I Wont Respond To It GIF

Nah, the one that should have nailed him was when he claimed he had no need to seek forgiveness from God for anything because he (Trump) never makes mistakes. That or when in the same interview he said he didn't like to bring God into his personal life. 

I had these discussions with many Christians back in 2016. They just purposely blinded themselves.

• Halal 1